This is 99's Green House

Ever heard of a Russian Oven. These heat whole homes. Good for drying herbs too I see.

5 Likes

Ill help with the next one i would love a invite an the expierence of building one by helping you before i build my own

1 Like

No, but I’ve heard of a Dutch oven lol. That is an impressive greenhouse. A guy I know has some sort of piping in his that circulates water and keeps the ground warm enough to keep plants in the winter.

3 Likes

A guy I am getting know has one too!

Thanks Enstro.

The encouraging words keep us all going too!

I would be interested in seeing his. Can we get pics?

99%

1 Like

The romans heated their huge bath houses with wood. They built the buildings on stilts and with hollow walls. There are pictures and videos of the furnace rooms with huge fire boxes. They burned tons of wood a day.

I use a RMH to heat this shack and on average for the past 4 years. Only burn 150 pallets a season. Helps when you live in the desert and if this house was an earthship I would use even less. The pallets are free and take little bit of work turning them into splinters. In fact I need to make some splinters today. You can see the size of the splinters in the picture I posted above. What is cool about the RMH. That just about any thing will burn in them. Sticks and stems news print, junk mail. If the power goes out you still have heat.

Keep warm

8 Likes

Everything is just great!

1 Like

Maybe eventually. He’s a union brother I haven’t worked with in a while. I’ll see what I can come up with.

I love to see the pics.

If you get em, be sure to post em.

99%

The revised Transition Schedule is up. This should be easier to keep to.

Once the First 1/2 season finishes, around June 1, the Green House will be set for the summer run. Massive tomato, Pepper (@Jellypowered) and Swiss Chard season. I am also hoping to run some special treats this summer in the Green House.

6 Likes

Where’d the pic go? It vanished lol

I am truly technologically challenged.

99%

1 Like

As spring approaches, I will be resurrecting this thread along with my gardens.

It has been a little rough of a winter for we humans around here, but we seem to have made it to spring this week.

These are the plants already slated for Summer in the Green House 2.0.

The Agent 99 F2 Project is in full gear. 5 for 5 in 36 hours. I like that.

Might get to these before the green house. I had some yellow tomatoes last summer, hmm.

11 Likes

Is your floor concrete? I saw the block foundation. Was curious if you grew straight into the ground? Ya , know dig a hole and fill it with the good dirt, then plant. I was thinking of doing this in mine. Figured it would save a little room to grow. And if the roots outgrew the hole it’s ok. No rootbound.

2 Likes

The floor is made of concrete pavers. There is a layer of garden cloth below to minimize erosion and to keep roots from turning upward into the green house. There is leveled sand below the cloth.

I have taken to using 15 Gallon containers for the cannabis, and everyone else will have to make due. Getting the mess cleaned was a goal for today.

This sunflower probably won’t survive transplant, but I’ll pull up some blocks and see what can be done for it.

9 Likes

Beautiful 99… very professional. And solar <3

One day I hope to have something along those lines in my yard…

Absolutely adore that.

“You know it’s working when you have sprouts coming off straight brick”

2 Likes

Was hoping to have 5 healthy candidates for an F2 run on the Agent 99.

5 Popped, 1 Stopped.

Definitely don’t want a weak plant for this run. It has to go.

5 Likes

Everything looks good. Can’t wait for the show.

3 Likes

Miss Money Penny A

This is my first attempt at cubing a plant and the priority project for the first part of the summer season in the greenhouse. I feel a little uncertain about exactly how to proceed, but have a good feel from the plant. She clones easily and the male has shown that he is more than capable.

This is a cross of an Agent Orange male with a female TGA tester seed called XJ13 x Penny Wise. I think the XJ13 is in the hands of Norstar Genetics, not certain.

This plant exhibits a very strong almond flavor with hints of cherry. I am thinking of calling the final cross Cherry Almondine. See if I can get all the way there.

Moving from about a gallon to about 6.5 gallons. That should hold.

She starts indoors, but I’ll move her outdoors as soon as pollination is done.

13 Likes

please tell us how you selected & what else you are thinking about for it.
i’m pretty new at pollinating & have a pollination plan forming, comments always invited. :slight_smile:

red cherry berry (S1?) barney’s farm, gifted to me. the only other info i could get from the old folks was it might be ‘cherry berry white’ which screws things up for me, but they seem to be matching what i see from barney’s.

6 girls, 5 boys
looked strong & indica dominant/fat-leaf
after sexing, i culled 4 boys & chose 1 for later & back to veg & clone
i selected the male based on best vigor, structure & scent, but they were fairly consistent, keeping the tallest.

5/6 girls are consistent with 3 superior plants, all 5 having a grapey aroma. i am beginning to think that ‘purple’ or anthocyanin DOES have a big influence on the flower product. (the last cold weather run of completely different plants did the same.)

however, 1 girl is a runt and has a much preferrable 'piney resin, (exhibiting zero red/purple color).

i am planning to evaluate the 6 phenos, and proceed from there while Mr. RCB? is on the back burner with the mommies, but i am thinking to cross the runt and the best of her 5 sisters with the male. i’ll get some real variety, i think, but i am obsessed with finding a piney cut to match what i started smoking on back in '97. “The Cave” (long gone strain, i think).

thanks & have a good one, day or night

cannabis.sequoia

3 Likes

As is the case so far, the plants seem to have selected me.

The female pictured above was the result of a random cross of a female I had and a male that was given to me by a friend. She has such a unique and pleasant flavor with a couch glue effect, that I felt it was worthy of trying.

My challenge going forward is to find the right males to back cross with, until I have have this one cornered in seed form.

I’ll see if I can’t find your thread to follow along too.

Thanks for dropping by.

4 Likes