Though it is nice to be at this point

you earned those words,they were not given,respect

1 Like

Wow, I am humbled…thank you.

1 Like

It’s not much by some standards, but to us, it’s the world. It may not be close to being finished, but we are getting ready to sit down and have our very first Thanksgiving in our kitchen.

14 Likes

What in the name of ptraps is that?!

1 Like

It’s a dishwasher

very nice enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless you are referring to my traps :joy::rofl:
In which case, they are some newer fangled trap system…lol

2 Likes

Yeah your traps…looking a little weak. Do you even lift bruh? :rofl:

Just kitten…but yeah those p traps look weird

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Bro, late but really hope you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes we did enjoy it, and I hope you did as well :+1:

1 Like

8 Likes

Thought you guys might enjoy our kitchen table legs.

8 Likes

Keep up the good work it took me 8 years to build our home from the ground up my wife and me we did it all . Weekends and after work and a few vacations but no loans free and clear .

7 Likes

@gramps free and clear :grin: the most wonderful thing in the world. It’s incredible having no mortgage on our 10 acres and house. Never in a million years thought that would happen. But, it’s why we bought a falling down chicken coop and turned it into our home. :rofl::joy:
I am just now entering year 3.

5 Likes

Sounds familiar, I did the exact same thing.
Pay as you go.
8 years and still have a couple things to do, was in the midst of raising a garage till back went down 7 weeks ago.
I didn’t do the flat work or the block. Electrical,nor the 8/12 roof on the cabin but I did the rest.

1 Like

I do it all. Even hand dug the septic and lines.
I hand make every piece of oak shake siding, the floors, the walls. It’s all out of free pallets. Our central ac and heat, fridge, counter tops, washer, oven, etc all out of dumpsters. What did not work, I fixed. :+1:
Looking to be 40 grand all up, including purchase price. 10 acres and 5000 square foot house

4 Likes

The 8 year plan must be a real thing, same plan we signed up for :joy::rofl:

1 Like

You guys see that haul of granite I got? Plus I have 3 more pieces outside yet. Can’t imagine what that would cost. :hushed:

6 Likes

Built a garage out of a carport we found in a dumpster :+1:. Just in time to rebuild the Ford powerstroke we got :+1:

5 Likes

Complete with some redneck heat :+1: Installed that before we closed it off last night.

6 Likes