Threes a crowd

That’s what happens when you share bathwater :rofl:

Plants are looking happy.

3 Likes

Idk how many times I plugged up the drain with coco lmao.

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s basically buckets, with an epicentre that controls everything. The buckets circulate the water throughout all the buckets and the epicentre continually as well as bubblers in each bucket aerating the entirety . I enjoy it although I just moved and am utilizing coco atm . I love my current culture setups

1 Like

@TopShelfTrees1 Do you have a thread going right now I could look at?

1 Like

Yezzir, here you go bro. TopShelfs trees

2 Likes

Welcome to your forever home ladies.

7 Likes

1st column MOSCA

2nd and 3rd column COPA

4th column @Tonygreen

1 Like

While trashing this reservoir I noticed the beginning of an algae build up. I’m pretty sure this happened because 1.) My flood tray was clear and 2.) Not all of the water drained out of it every time leaving about a quarter inch to stagnate.

Should I be on the look out for a new tray or should I not even worry about it since plants will only ever live in here for about 2 weeks at a time?

1 Like

I’ve been trying to figure out why these ladies have been looking so droopy D for the past few days. Turns out the drain pump that came with this system is too small to empty these buckets back into the res even after 30 mins. The roots have just been sitting in stagnant water for a minute now.

Gonna upsize this drain pump to something ferocious.

6 Likes

Sooooo… I unplugged the fill pump last night to give the buckets the chance to drain completely. I got called to the hospital this morning to say good bye to grandma and when I got home, I noticed grandma decided to take one of my plants with her.

I never expected 11 hours of no watering to result in this. It’s crispy crunchy. I have the pump filling her up again. I’m gonna top her and trim some of this dead shit off and see what happens.

Wish her luck.

6 Likes

Lol. Perked right back up.

6 Likes

H E L P M E E E E. H E L P M E E E E E E E

What’s up guys? So I’m not sure if I’m having an issue or not and really need some help weighing in.

Things are a little strange on this run, and maybe this shouldn’t have been the way to do it on my first grow in a decade running all of these different genetics from the same res. But here we are.

These pictures are some super dark green on the RIL from Tony Green.

None of the other plants are doing this and only the 2 large RIL are doing this. The new growth on the RIL also looks to be really healthy and is not doing this.

In your opinion… What gives?

pH is a little high @ 6.7

Ec is around 1450

New growth

4 Likes

I tend to assume that’s heat stress, but if none of your other plants are showing it then it may be something else. Might wanna check the roots/pump/humidity!

1 Like

Res temp is 71.4°

Ambient temp is 76°

RH is 46%

1 Like

Hmmm. I get plants doing the same thing sometimes but I’m a soil guy. Got nice aeration and healthy roots, too? I hope a hydro wizard can pop in and help!

1 Like

@parttime I’m tempted to just cut off the affected leaves and pretend like It’s not an issue; just let these lateral branches go for it.

1 Like

Often times when I have small ugly issues I just pull the leaves off. For two reasons:

-so I can see gauge if it spreads
-so I don’t have to look at it

3 Likes

The experiment is on. @Foreigner so you think it’s a safe bet to pull all of these fan leaves off? They got to 6 nodes and I topped them the other day as well.

1 Like

Only if it’s just a few leaves. Don’t decimate the plant or anything. I can’t tell how big your plant is but don’t pull off too much. That would be bad.

1 Like