Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

You are going to be bending and trimming and supercropping and swearing.

But it’ll be fun :+1:

16 Likes

Lol I’ve had them for almost a year and I’ve been honing my skills. My biggest anxiety is popping the seeds. I heard highland sativas have hard shells

7 Likes

I’m in southeast Michigan but I’m going to run them in a tent. Because of AC in the house I might have trouble staying above 70/75. I really appreciate knowing I can ask questions, thanks a million

4 Likes

I’m most nervous about germination. I always just germinate right in the soil. Going to try 24 hour soak in aloe water followed by the paper towel method.

2 Likes

50+ threads! Thanks again Floyd

4 Likes

I’ve sent this from a other thread. A good guide to germing hard shell seeds
From @Upstate

Happy growing

3 Likes

Oh man thanks. I’ve been watching Aladdin at Khalifa genetics but other than that it’s hard to find specific info like this

4 Likes

Same here!

I run a humidifier year round in the tent. During summer because of AC, During winter because of the furnace.

Check out:

5 Likes

Your welcome. Always a good place to start. :smiley:

4 Likes

Excellent, thanks!

2 Likes

@romanoweed

3 Likes

Pics! I hope I get a black one in my pack.

1 Like

This sounds like a great grow to follow. Wishing you best of luck, @Tim

3 Likes

Thank you I need all the luck I can get!

4 Likes

I would definitely run them on 12/12 from seed through flower, and use a lot of LST (low stress training). My guess is they will take about 6 months.

5 Likes

equatorial strains are better with 11/13. 13 dark. that’s what i’ve heard from podcasts :grin: :grin: i also have some VB strains, and I, too, afraid to germ them. so good luck. :grin: :+1:

4 Likes

i’m in line right behind @anhthormap with my own vb strains and crosses, so i’m very excited about seeing your grow here @tim! no advice from me except nike’s… just do it!

i actually don’t mind the germination, it’s just waiting. and wondering. but mostly waiting. the paper towel method seems to do great. other growers say just plant directly in soil. i think it’ll depend on your comfort and perhaps also the viability of the seeds.

you guys have me a little worried about germinating my vb seeds now. maybe i’ll drop some just to show you guys and see. although the source for my vb seeds said germination might be an issue, so i would be more proactive about helping my seeds. but i’m not sure how your blackbird version will be. i am super excited to find out with you though, tim!

being vietnamese myself, i’m hoping to find a strain in the vb family that especially speaks to me. but i dunno, i don’t know very many other vietnamese people who smoke weed. maybe i hang out with the wrong sort of vietnamese people.

6 Likes

yoo. let’s just act like we’re not both Viet. the popo is listening :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

righty-o old fellow old chap you! i’m just here with my spot o’ tea waiting for ol’ timothy to start cranking things up. a little bit of that viet black is what he’s getting up to, yes?

yikes.

9 Likes

oui oui , imma grab a baguette :baguette_bread: :baguette_bread:and some condensed milk to watch this grow :joy: :joy:

10 Likes