Free Bahia Landrace seeds. Free shipping worldwide! **closed**

mine also arrived! thanks @corey

2 Likes

Mine just arrived today. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m going to follow this one for the reports on the Brazilian ladies.

3 Likes

@Mr_Greenfern hi :wave:, have you flowered the Bahia yet? Any update ? Thanks a ton :pray:

2 Likes

Anyone else pop these? I’m curious about the germination rate :smiley:

3 Likes

For landrace seeds I recommend the following…
#1 is to only attempt germination before a Full moon… 7-10 days before is ideal…I like 10 days. You want to have the moon gaining in strength, ( waxing moon) exerting more and more pressure on the shell of the seed the longer it sits, helping it burst.
Along with a proper moon phase,

1. A 24 hr soak in a weak peroxide solution to kill pathogens on the seed shell. Then,
  2. place seeds into a one inch chunk of living Aloe plant. (Cut a slit in the side of the aloe and push the seeds in.) I’ve done this for only 24hrs so far, but @Astrodude has done this much longer and has had success germinating even very old seeds this way. Aloe contains growth hormones and gibberellic acid, both of which Aid germination and root growth. It also works to soften the seed shell making it easier for the root to split it.
    Once the root tails are visible, the seeds go into a damp papertowel as usual.
    In addition to the above steps, it is highly recommended to use a warm area for germination. Some tropical seeds will not germinate without warmth. I have read that 86 degrees is ideal, but using a laser heat measuring device my germinating area was at 92 degrees at its warmest and 80 at its coolest.
    Good luck with these!
13 Likes

Spot on. Ride that lunar gravitational wave to sprouting success.

3 Likes

Would anybody be willing to part with their Bahia beans, in exchange for an IOU ? I’d like to run a fairly high number of them and open pollinate… those who participate will receive a 100+ seed pack for their collection.

I can also trade seeds for yours. Let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I only got 9, but their all yours @Mithridate
DM me.

4 Likes

My beans are your beans bro. Whatever you need, I got you.

5 Likes

Another 9 here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing thanks, you guys are awesome :ok_hand:

PMs incoming!

5 Likes

I have a bunch. 3 packs. I can help you out.

3 Likes

You good, get all ya needed? I’ve got a pack that I’d like to grow eventually but it wouldn’t be for a long while for sure. Mine are available if ya need em, just hit me up…

1 Like

Thank you for offering, I’m all set though.

Even if I get 70% germ rates, I’ll be over the number of plants I had originally planned :wink:

I have to stop, else this project will end up like the goji og repro but im solo haha.

5 Likes

Yeah, seen i caught this late. Just thought I’d throw it out there…:grin::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Anybody grown these out yet?

1 Like

Check out the Central American LANDRACE AND HEIRLOOM THREAD:

4 Likes

I got one growing down here in Central America…I done four seeds …but only got one to germinate.

I vegged under light for six weeks…the pic is four weeks from the flip…and the first female pistils are now showing…she stretched a lot…definitely going to be a long flowerer.

P J

10 Likes

not sure how i missed this, but let me know if you need more.

5 Likes