Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

i’m in line right behind @anhthormap with my own vb strains and crosses, so i’m very excited about seeing your grow here @tim! no advice from me except nike’s… just do it!

i actually don’t mind the germination, it’s just waiting. and wondering. but mostly waiting. the paper towel method seems to do great. other growers say just plant directly in soil. i think it’ll depend on your comfort and perhaps also the viability of the seeds.

you guys have me a little worried about germinating my vb seeds now. maybe i’ll drop some just to show you guys and see. although the source for my vb seeds said germination might be an issue, so i would be more proactive about helping my seeds. but i’m not sure how your blackbird version will be. i am super excited to find out with you though, tim!

being vietnamese myself, i’m hoping to find a strain in the vb family that especially speaks to me. but i dunno, i don’t know very many other vietnamese people who smoke weed. maybe i hang out with the wrong sort of vietnamese people.

6 Likes

yoo. let’s just act like we’re not both Viet. the popo is listening :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

righty-o old fellow old chap you! i’m just here with my spot o’ tea waiting for ol’ timothy to start cranking things up. a little bit of that viet black is what he’s getting up to, yes?

yikes.

9 Likes

oui oui , imma grab a baguette :baguette_bread: :baguette_bread:and some condensed milk to watch this grow :joy: :joy:

10 Likes

that is so goddamn vietnamese of you!

sorry tim, we’re just wise-cracking over here since you brought us together with the viet black.

i’m totally gonna pick out two vb seeds tonight and get them germinating for you guys. i don’t know where i’ll end up putting them, but you know what they say… life finds a way! maybe we can all have a vb group grow.

10 Likes

hey @misterbee, can i ask about your recommendation of these products. it seems like the main active ingredients are essential oils… rosemary for the SN209 and thyme, clove, rosemary for the 244C. do you find that these products work better than just mixing up your own essential oil sprays and perhaps adding a wetting agent like they do?

2 Likes

I do, 'cause I also mix various E.O Blends. It’s really difficult to gauge the correct blend if you don’t actually have the Recipe. I imagine I have +200 Bottles of E.O., plus Carrier Oils (C.O.). I just prefer SNS’s Blends, although I buy the pouches and dilute it in “half-strength” increments. Thanks for the outreach, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Couple of things to keep in mind before you start. First, as mentioned earlier in the thread, read up on the forum and Internet about growing VB. Secondly, some FF soils are too much for Sativas. You may need to amend the soil with compost, sand, black gold, etc. Third, to manage plant final height, start with smaller containers and work up to your final container size. Fourth, Sativas require very little nutes. Your soil mix will probably carry the plant the entire grow. Finally, let the containers get dry before watering. Good luck!

9 Likes

Spent last night transplanting seedlings and getting my tents ready. Got about a week left on some WW autos and my 2x4 will be free.
I have a 5x5 too but i think im going to start just 2 seeds and use my 2x4. Practice run lol

Add

9 Likes

Did someone mention cilantro, bubble tea, pho, and vermicelli?

3 Likes

I was thinking I would use happy frog

2 Likes

Have you considered a mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Floor?

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if ocean forest was too hot

2 Likes

Happy Frog is forgiving. Ocean Forest isn’t for me. Coco is fun. Good Growing!

5 Likes

OCEAN FOREST composition is, indeed, TOO HOT!!! Heed @Tejas’ advice!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I got my seedling tent cleared out last night, going to set up my heat mat, make sure the space is warm enough to sit my glass of water there.
I think I’m going to sand them a little and just try Aloe water soak then into paper towels. 23 more seedlings to transplant into solos then I’ll prep the VB seeds.

6 Likes

Good thinking. Happy frog has always been good to me. I’ve tried lot of mixes even homemade mixes and for consistantly good soil I would go with the frog.

3 Likes

I’m used to it and I’m confident with my watering with it.
I did think I might transplant to OF after the stretch….

2 Likes

Take a good care of them roots brother …
As landraces takes long to mature, it fills up it’s root faster than hybrids and prone to root rot…
At least that’s my experience…

5 Likes

Thanks man, I was wondering about that

3 Likes