Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

Can you keep a mother of one of these sativas? Or do they get to big? I have a 16 site cloner

5 Likes

I didn’t get that far with my grow though…
But i don’t see why not…
You can try and keep them under low light and very light feed to keep the mother’s under control…

5 Likes

I haven’t smoked one hit weed since the early 80’s, I get a little excited thinking about this pot. I hope I’m not getting annoying. It’s been a dream of mine to grow this stuff.

6 Likes

We are as excited as you to see this grow brother…
Good luck, this is gonna be good…

3 Likes

If youre gonna soak the seeds, just wait for them to sink.
Then take them out about an hour later. You really dont want them to stick in an anaerobic environment for longer than that.
No need to sandpaper them.

When they grow out, don’t top them - sativas freak out when topped.
I prefer to tie down the main branch. As the auxillary branches start bolting, tie them down below the main branch – its all about auxins and hormones. Then untie the main branch in about a week.
Retie branches down as needed.

11 Likes

I appreciate it, thanks. I’m going to keep looking at threads all day

3 Likes

You just need to keep the mother smaller by trimming/cloning. I keep mine in one gallon pots and trim off most of the new growth if not taking clones at the time.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Cool, that’s exciting to know.

1 Like

good afternoon tim :smiley:
just thought id let ya know every time i see ya thread title it makes the RANCID song “side-kick” play in my head
it goes
I had a dream i was a vigelantys side-kick
my name is tim
i am a lesser known character :upside_down_face:
good luck on your endeavors There are many very knowledgeable ppl here on OG that will steer you in the right direction (not me im dumb as f"£k :woozy_face:)
growth in growing :seedling: :herb: :evergreen_tree:

~lime~

4 Likes

I feel a whole lot less worried now that I found Overgrow, you guys are awesome!

8 Likes

yeah mate relax some proper green thumbs on here and so much info to be found in the search bar
helped me a lot I know that :smiley:
oh and @highminwin is like the nicest guy on the planet :wink:
~lime~

8 Likes

Now I have to add this from tracking to watching. I grew Viet black a long time ago using pro mix. It had a powder blue hue to it, don’t know if it was the real deal or not.

6 Likes

Same here!

:green_heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’m just finishing up transplanting, getting my seedling tent cleaned and my heat mat plugged in. Put my glass of distilled water on the heat mat set on 90 degrees. I want to see if the water is going to be warm enough tomorrow when I get home. I put the round runoff tray full of water thinking it’s more contact with the heat mat.

5 Likes

These seeds are TINY! I couldn’t get my camera to focus on them up close individually.

11 Likes

Here’s some with a common bubba kush seed

6 Likes

I set mine at 80.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

That does seem to slow their growth a bit but in my experience did not make a big difference in seed to flower time.

3 Likes

i think the 11/13 is to help prevent the plant from revegging since the equator is 12/12 almost year round.

5 Likes

looking nice tim! you’ve got a lotta seeds in that batch. what are your plans if all 19 germinate?

for nice close-up photos on a budget, i recommend this clip-on macro lens for phone cameras. it’s super affordable (~$13 with free shipping) and takes surprisingly great macro shots. i do have to take my phone case off, otherwise the pictures are not as sharp because the macro lens isn’t as close to the phone’s camera lens. it’s what i use to shoot all of the macro shots in my grow journal.

4 Likes