Timm0828's beginner garden

Bag seeds could can easily produce stress flowers just keep an eye on them. Have fun and good luck
I’ve seen bagseed grow out better than the bag it came from, there’s gold in dem thar seeds ! It’s possible but usually better IMO, just read the plants and tread lightly, use a loupe for doneness because you have zero information on what you’re growing.

Welcome Timm to OG, stay aboard and ask the community if you develop any problems. Fret not it’s just a WEED plant.

4 Likes

I had a few seeds from the same bag(unknown) and grew them out🌿 it was better than the bag I got it from😎 And then accidentally got pollinated by a female Blueberry i let flower for too long and i ended up with about 50 seeds of “my” blueberry x bagseed…trying it in the solo cup challenge. The last time I grew it I went 12/12 from seed and it got 4’ tall in a 2gal airpot🙃

5 Likes

I have about 100 gg4 seeds from a seeded ounce I bought from a dispensary. From reading advice it seems like a greenhouse is a better setup than a grow tent. So my question is I found portable greenhouse with a green cover, is that ok or should I look for clear or white?

2 Likes

If you use one stain as a male to pollinate a female from a different strain will it make a different strain? Or will it just be the same as the female that was pollinated?

2 Likes

I was going to use this thread to post a picture every week to show the progress. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for everyone’s advice so far and everyone in the future.

5 Likes

Jjm, I can trade some gg4 seeds if you would like.

2 Likes

Please do, looking forward to the show :+1:

4 Likes

Yes it could lean one side or the other there will be traits from both plants and should be fem ( pollen from stressed female if I’m not mistaken)

4 Likes

Hey Timm if you like the gg4 I got some space monkey f2 it’s gg4 x wookie. One of my favorites ATM. I got some of @50State’s sunshine 4, orange sunshine or uncle festers skunk. I think all of these will do well in my neck of the woods outdoors. Greenhouse is great for getting them started early and finishing late but I like the plain old sun. I’m not sure how they’re enforcing the rec laws but for medical I keep them outa sight in a cage. If ya want to try any of those get me an addy on a pm. And I’ll send them out.
Edit: keep growing indoors too you’ll learn a lot and it’s just plain fun!

4 Likes

new strain. same x same =same
diff x diff = new hope that helps

1 Like

@Jjm

Have enough of those space monkeys f2 to make a trade or something? Can’t find em nowhere just in jbc and he doesn’t send em outside US

2 Likes

My advice is to buy some seeds from a reputable seedbank/company as bag seed will not help you out with your first grow. They most likely came from a hermied plant, so there’s a good chance that they will also carry on the trait. Fastbuds autos are a good starting point, but bag seeds are never good

Clear or transparent pots are never a good idea.

2 Likes

My bad. I neglected to mention using solid to cover the clear.

9 Likes

Ah, now it’s crystal clear why, yes, great idea.

2 Likes

What makes a clear cup a bad idea? And it looks like just a solid with a clear dropped into it? Just wondering the logic behind it.

2 Likes

Roots don’t like light, also exposing your medium (soil) to light can lead to algae and other unwanted growth.

By putting the clear cup in a solid one you can check out your roots any time and still keep the light blocked. I do my clones like that and it’s awesome.

6 Likes

Ok thanks for the info. That makes sense. I think that’s what I’m going to do.

2 Likes

I think anyone who has ever smoked chemdawg would disagree with this statement.

1 Like

Talking about a first time grower here,this is why I said it was a good idea to buy/use stable genetics. As for chemdawg, sure its an OK strain. I assume this strain was originally sourced from seeded weed? This is why you brought it up?

1 Like