Tinytuttles plant Gallery

If I may be so bold as to suggest zinnias in your soil.
They will thrive and give you lots of puffy, colorful flowers
They are very easy and fun.

4 Likes

Had a few of them in there! They did well used some for cut flowers as well

5 Likes

Yea man, I like zinnias, Have you tried any of the dwarf varieties like Thumbalina?

Salivias should do well in your soil. They are easy and smell good!!!

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the dwarf variations sounds interesting salvias yes have them in the front flower bed they seem very hardy as well they loose there color I usually cut them back down to the foliage and always give me another show before fall!

3 Likes

Nicotiana would work. It is the most aromatic plant I have ever grown.
On a breeze-less evening, while enjoying a nice bowl outdoors, the exotic smell
of the nicotiana flowers provides added intoxication,

3 Likes

I’v always wanted to try that, every year we sight see at the CSU trial flower garden I always say to myself that would be a good one to put in the landscape!

3 Likes

No flowering tobacco in that thread but they have it every year!

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle
I’ll have to second that, on the Cosmos…& general any “wildflower” will run from fertilizer :runner:…even prevent germination, ime.

Consider saving some of all those for trading(?) :smile:

I’ll get my trading stuff up tomorrow; started my sunflowers, tom’s & peppers.

:wave:

2 Likes

Ru you in Cali then? If in the states I’d be interested otherwise gets a bit pricey sending them across the pond.haha I’v just recently acquired some seeds from “True leaf” the seed website and have some interesting seeds a friend gifted me last year

2 Likes

Must be nice to get a start in them that early won’t start my warm season for about another month or so

1 Like

@cannabissequoia is there a thread that was started for just veggie/flower seed trading or are they all just lumped into one thread?

1 Like

I took a brief survey on the ‘other plants’ thread & enough people seem interested I’ll start a non-canna-seed-trading thread in the…pacific dalight time zone :smile:

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Some color coming in at the TT place !

I think this is like a pear tree not sure though it gets these little fruits that never really end up doing anything… but OMG thing stinks to high heaven!

7 Likes

8 Likes

love these little gals such deep color to them!

6 Likes

I swear these tips were on the opposite side of the railing yeasterday late afternoon!

6 Likes

Hmmm don’t recall seeing this plant last year! Look sort of like an Echinacea to me will let it get bigger then we’ll decide whether to keep it chop!

5 Likes

@Meesh was wondering if you could help here! Lol Are these sunflowers seedlings? Seem to be in the same spot of last years plants ! I love it when plants reseed themselves and make for pretty flowers a second time around!

7 Likes

They sure do look like it! Mine had those longer sharper leaves like that when they started then they got pretty big and round. Awesome! Less stuff to plant and an earlier start!

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s Echinacea. Here is mine for comparison

3 Likes