Tinytuttles plant Gallery

Man these are tiny fuggers this is oregano!

I almost have to get the 30x loop out to see these damn things! Lol

7 Likes

Wondering if anyone does cosmos for their flowers every year mine seemed to grow like gang busters last year but didn’t put on much of a flower display they got like 6-7 feet tall and 1-1/2 inch stalks on them was wondering if they prefer crappier soils it could of been to rich for them thoughts?

2 Likes

I have not grown cosmos for a few years, but you are right that they prefer crappy soil.
They also benefit from aggressive deadheading, once they start to flower.

Maybe I should grow them again this summer. Hmmm.

3 Likes

Well good then no more cosmos in my supersoil mix then! I leave that for the more important plants then, I’ll probably continue to use as cover plants then along with some nice thick vines this year

3 Likes

If I may be so bold as to suggest zinnias in your soil.
They will thrive and give you lots of puffy, colorful flowers
They are very easy and fun.

4 Likes

Had a few of them in there! They did well used some for cut flowers as well

5 Likes

Yea man, I like zinnias, Have you tried any of the dwarf varieties like Thumbalina?

Salivias should do well in your soil. They are easy and smell good!!!

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the dwarf variations sounds interesting salvias yes have them in the front flower bed they seem very hardy as well they loose there color I usually cut them back down to the foliage and always give me another show before fall!

3 Likes

Nicotiana would work. It is the most aromatic plant I have ever grown.
On a breeze-less evening, while enjoying a nice bowl outdoors, the exotic smell
of the nicotiana flowers provides added intoxication,

3 Likes

I’v always wanted to try that, every year we sight see at the CSU trial flower garden I always say to myself that would be a good one to put in the landscape!

3 Likes

No flowering tobacco in that thread but they have it every year!

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle
I’ll have to second that, on the Cosmos…& general any “wildflower” will run from fertilizer :runner:…even prevent germination, ime.

Consider saving some of all those for trading(?) :smile:

I’ll get my trading stuff up tomorrow; started my sunflowers, tom’s & peppers.

:wave:

2 Likes

Ru you in Cali then? If in the states I’d be interested otherwise gets a bit pricey sending them across the pond.haha I’v just recently acquired some seeds from “True leaf” the seed website and have some interesting seeds a friend gifted me last year

2 Likes

Must be nice to get a start in them that early won’t start my warm season for about another month or so

1 Like

@cannabissequoia is there a thread that was started for just veggie/flower seed trading or are they all just lumped into one thread?

1 Like

I took a brief survey on the ‘other plants’ thread & enough people seem interested I’ll start a non-canna-seed-trading thread in the…pacific dalight time zone :smile:

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Some color coming in at the TT place !

I think this is like a pear tree not sure though it gets these little fruits that never really end up doing anything… but OMG thing stinks to high heaven!

7 Likes

8 Likes

love these little gals such deep color to them!

6 Likes

I swear these tips were on the opposite side of the railing yeasterday late afternoon!

6 Likes