Tony Green GG4 R.I.L. FEMS - Grow Log

The -ish on my flowering track is due to fat fingers on my part programming one of my timers in the tent.
I had 2 lights on different circuits, and I just kept hitting the Day/Week button every time I plugged that bugger in for about a week.
-WTF! Why are the lights on…
Real flower days is probably 5 less than my count.
Thanks for the positive vibes, good energy from everyone!
I wish you all the best of fortunes with your grows.

4 Likes

Plants are looking really great. My pack of GG4 IRL’s landed this week! Really looking forward to growing them out sometime soon

1 Like

These have had the thirstiest/hungriest post stretch phase I have seen compared to other grows I have done.
Good bean cracking to you!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll make sure my nutes are in order.

1 Like

About double on stretch? That’s what I seem to have gotten on the single in flower with a tall main I bent over.

Plants are looking fantastic dude.

1 Like

GG4 RIL Fems incoming:

11 Likes

While i love regs; i’m excited for insta-smoke goals too :+1:

3 Likes

F36-ish
A tale of 2 different biomes.
Gonna be a fight with humidity in both.
The 2x4 is running warmer and drier with ~240W; shorter tent at 5 feet. QB light @ 70% because height.
The 5x5 is cooler and wetter with 760W; taller at 7 feet. Bar array @ 100%.
Gotta get a profile pic of the 2x4. the tops are entirely different…
5x5:

2x4 overflow tent:

21 Likes

Cold like Minnesota I here.
Nice work Drew.

8 Likes

Thoughts on “praying” plants…
Anyone have input as far as a pheno hunt trait to seek?
the 5x5 has 2 out of the 6 that display this trait, but they are looking just like the other plants in the same environ right now at week 4-5 flower.
I’m presently just looking for the crustiest, frostiest MF plants, but if anyone has input on the praying behavior I would love to hear it.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that praying is a sign of:
a) Happy, healthy plants;
b) Light/heat stress;
or c) Early warning of magnesium deficiency

So yeah, take your pick on what you want it to mean, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: I just ignore them, since there’s other signs of light & heat stress and trying to feed them based on the way the leaves are praying feels like guesswork and has ended up giving me stunted plants due to magnesium excess.

I do tend to observe which plants have “praying” leaves right before lights out, but that’s mostly because I know those haven’t reached their DLI and I take it as a good sign for keeping clones, breeding etc. I vaguely think that breeding based on a higher DLI will give you better growth potential in the offspring, but I’m not even sure that’s how it works… :man_shrugging: Still, in my current grow the Gorilla Bubble is one of the few plants that’s not exhausted after 18 hours of light, and I know it’s regarded as a good strain with excellent vigor and growth potential. The only other ones that aren’t exhausted at the end of the day are my Foxtail Skunk and Spirit Train, and since they’re also my biggest I’m assuming that means something…

9 Likes

It’s all in the angles me thinks…
Happy plants would pray at 30° and heat stress would be way higher like 60°+. Mag def I never heard of that one, I’d assume leaves would also be pale.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Iv always read option A when others asked the same…

2 Likes

I think praying leaves are generally regarded as a good thing.
I think it is an indicator of happy plants and the plants adjust their leaves to the most efficient photon adsorption angle because we have static lights.

6 Likes

Wow, that is like a science answer.
Makes sense. thanks

2 Likes

Thoughts on the 2 environments…Here cause my handwriting is ineligible…
Been doing an larf preventative over the last couple of days and the plants in the 2x4 (The Shorties) just gassed out the limonene like crazy.
-Cooler, Dryer, and running a QB light vs bar array’
-Light is a lot closer too.
I just brutalized a plant in the 5x5 picking off all the little bits, and while they stunk like crazy, the gas wasn’t knocking me over.
This is turning into a #TaleOfTwoTents kind of deal
-Great…so much for picking a keeper.
No pics, sorry.
I thought I could get away without a SCROG cause the stalks are so beefy, but everything is falling all over itself. Not a terrible problem to have.
Note pheno 9 tops are spearing and has the highest fall over issue.

2 Likes

F54 -ish
Huge difference in development between the 2x4 QB tent and the 5x5 with the LED array.
The nugs in the 2x4 are rocks, but there is a lot less mass.
Not to say the nugs in the 5x5 are loose at all.
There is a bit of deficiency all around due to general neglect; got knocked out with a stomach bug thing…
5x5 tent:

5x5 Reg:

5x5 Spears:

5x5 Random topper:

2x4 tent:

2x4 Reg:

2x4 Reg Profile:

Looks like I am short on CalMag here and I let shit dry out too much…

15 Likes

F58 -ish
Closing in on more lateral fattening time.
Gonna be playing the “I’m goona give em another week” game shortly.
-Probably more like another month…

24 Likes

Tew moar weeks!!!

3 Likes

Looking good in spite of your couple hiccups. Shit happens!

4 Likes