Tony Greens Tortured Beans

@Tonygreen do you have any of the stone sour still kicking around? I was really excited for that one and managed to drop an entire tray of seedlings that pack was popped in and I’d like to give it another go. Your description got me on that one :joy::v:

5 Likes

No shit. Well that makes sense, my friend was super hype when he got it, it was good but I wasn’t too impressed, it’s most impressive trait was that it smelled like oranges, velvet oranges actually lol, name is spot on. It had good bag appeal too but I don’t remember the flavor translating into the smoke so well. He also was running chocolope and flo too tho so I was more interested in those

3 Likes

Yeah, supposedly the lineage Crockett and DNA claim is BS. If you want that flavor with a better high check out skunk tangie/tangerine :v:

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving yall! Glad to be here one more :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

25 Likes

Thanks for your work, Tony.
I mentioned on GLG’s IG a while back that I grew a wonderful GG4 RIL this summer that I messed up halfway through flowering but still turned out to be nice smoke after all.

This is her right before the septoria hit and things went sideways. Lovely plant.

22 Likes

Somebody made a sowah grapefruit x sowah that’s a cool cross some fat ass Sour d with a hint of orange? It sounds interesting I forget who did it though

3 Likes

Oh man that was a glue leaner too :ok_hand::ok_hand:

3 Likes

I was wondering about that. I thought it might be from what I’d seen you describe before. I knew enough to keep topping it until the side branching was really taking off.
I’d always catch a whiff of skunk when I walked by it during veg, but that switched to more bubblegummy scents during flower.

I’ve got a small roof area that’s above a store, and I think it was just a little too close to their AC unit. I’ve had trouble in that spot before- now I know I need to avoid it even if it means having one less plant out there.

Thanks for all the work you put in. :facepunch:

4 Likes

Great thread. Excited to try some of TG seeds.
I was on the fence till i read Tony’s comment about twenty20. Luv me sum 20/20. Anyhow whats everyones TG suggestion for outdoors MI @41.

5 Likes

I’m in pa so bout the same climate. I grew Stat line and got a really good yield. Little rot. Have pics on here somewhere in this thread.

5 Likes

Anybody have any details on the Jeremiah Johnson x sour bubble. Curious because i was gifted a clone named JJ a long time ago that nobody had any details on. Getting my order ready from GLG and noticed this freebie.
Oh and the gifted JJ was a great outdoor producer.

8 Likes

Always been curious about that one too, I’m a lineage whore/encyclopedia and you don’t hear of her much so I’d love to know more.

6 Likes

@SunGrown @TopShelfTrees1 according to Dragboat’s post over on RIU the lineage is:

Jeremiah Johnson (Mountain Berry x Gate Way)

Mountain Berry is from Dominion:

No idea about Gate Way

5 Likes

Oh nice! I know of the mountain berry, nothing about gateway either though. Thanks for that @Dirt_Wizard now I’m even more intrigued.

4 Likes

Gotta get ril fast auto too cuz it’s made for yas up there​:call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

10 Likes

Thanks Tony my wifes been on me wanting some autos for her to run, and Glue is her jam so there on the short list. Thats all new territory for me never grown autos. I really like big outdoor plants.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

@Tonygreen I made sure I grabbed those RIL fast autos for next summer here at nearing 52North. I just can’t physically do the light dep thing anymore, moving 30+ plants twice every day LOL Got awesome yields this year and your Stat Line is a standout for sure.
Gonna have a watering system set up out there for next year so the ril fast autos will be on deck for greenhouse 2024.
Got grape gas x gorilla bubble going right now. They are just getting thier second set of true leaves so still babies yet. I’m excited to see what I find in these. :wink:

15 Likes

Oh man can’t wait to see that little field! And the grape gas is so killer it’s an atrocity any are left

12 Likes

I’ve been curious, what made you choose triks as the ruderalis in the autos you made?

5 Likes

Big and fast, leaf profile and terps clearly identifiable to select against and a very uniform population reinforcing all that from fine work from the breeder :call_me_hand:t2:

13 Likes