Tony Greens Tortured Beans

Sour Bubble tribute.
Nine weeks of 12/12
Buds smell of rotting pineapple. When I do a stem rub, it smells just like a pine tree. The leaves tacoed real bad though. I assume too close to the lights.

35 Likes

Yeah likely too close to the lights or need to bump up the magnesium. One of the two. Lookin great tho!

7 Likes

Do you spray with Epsom salts at all during veg and early flower?

3 Likes

No. Nothing sprayed on them.

1 Like

To rule out magnisium try spraying with Epsom salts through veg and early flip. Like 1/4 - 1/2 tsp per gal. @jaws gave me that tip and it fixed a couple of the more finicky strains I have.

13 Likes

I have another Sour Bubble a week behind it. No tacoing at all on that one.

I have like 10+ Sour Bubbles mothers to sort through to see which one I will keep. Sour Bubble #18 is already a standout. It has a nice sour taste that I like.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. I wonder how close those and weighted blanket are

6 Likes

I would imagine pretty close.

When I mentioned to TG that I was growing SB, he immediately responded that I should also grab a pack of Weighted Blanket. I have yet to do so. So many packs, so little time and money.

6 Likes

Nice. I have a weighted blanket clone of my favorite one for me so far based of reading his opinions. Did you get any really branchy ones?

4 Likes

This last season I had 3 Sour Bubble tributes and a Weighted Blanket running together, the tributes were all nicely branchy, the WB was about half the size and a nicely stacked little bush, they are all delicious. :drooling_face:

9 Likes

I heard the really branchy ones are the winners but all are nice. I have multiple that had nothing but mains but one that was very branchy. Thatā€™s the one I kept. She also seems to be the fastest finishing one. They just wrapped up day 51 and a couple are close to ready.

7 Likes

I grew out 21 SB. Iā€™d say more than half where branchy. A few are straight up totem poles.

I agree. Very tasty.

4 Likes

OK good to know. If I didnā€™t top them 2 times they would have been totem poles. They have 4 tops and are just thick as hell on those 4 tops. I havenā€™t found many journals about weighted blanket so Iā€™m hoping my grow log will give some people an idea about the strain. When I asked @Tonygreen about them he said grow them all out they will all be good but the branchier of the bunch is what you want. I also have one that has what I think he calls ā€œdome topā€ if Iā€™m remembering correctly. I am kicking myself for not grabbing a cut off her. I have another pack of weighted blanket so maybe next year I run the whole pack and have a better idea of what to look for.

6 Likes

One thing I noticed. The branches are nice and thick. They need hardly any support.

4 Likes

Yea, not a one of his need support. My blackout Bobby, black widow, Halle Berry, Blockberry all need support. The weighted blankets are all built like brick shit houses. I want to run my cut outside this year.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a little background on part of the tribute/ Weighted Blanket lines.

6 Likes

Thanks dude! Iā€™m going to link to that in my journal as well so people can hopefully find it through multiple avenues.

I had a male that slipped through. I was hoping to pollinate the other weighted blankets to make some F2ā€™s but it didnā€™t work out. Iā€™m pretty excited to grow out some of his Lime GB work and maybe do some personal seed increases from them.

5 Likes

Tonyā€™s strains are, IME and in his words, total mag and calcium hogs, theyā€™ll just suck it up. Iā€™ve gotten fat buds reliably from GB and RIL genetics with steady Epsom in every watering 1/2 TBSP and a lot of calcium sources in the medium, I was also using NFTG Demeterā€™s Destiny on a few runs until I ran out, love that stuff! Iā€™m using homemade calcium acetate now from eggshells and white vinegar but I might try brewing up a digested calcium supplement like that, Nectarā€™s stuff is basically all enzyme digested and loaded with Ful-Power for chelation, thereā€™s DIYs that Iā€™d like to try but itā€™s pretty reasonably priced in big jugs too.

10 Likes

I personally hate their stuff. I have a bunch of it just sitting here.

3 Likes
5 Likes