Tony Greens Tortured Beans

No hype …just get some ,grow them and you’ll see…

7 Likes

Actually if you read this thread from start to finish you’ll understand. Tony is very accessible very transparent and advice is given regularly. Don’t know him and I have no horse in the race but his work is my goto

And I have lots of choices. Nothing against any other breeders.

13 Likes

there is fire in every pack I’ve ran.

16 Likes

Man I really missed out with that cats eye. I had several chances to pick some up but never did and then they sold out. Ya snooze ya loose.

6 Likes

I’ll give this a shot with a semi hot take.

Gorilla Glue was a runaway success from day 1, but had weird bumps along the way legitimizing itself. It’s almost like backwards girl scout cookies: GSC handled trademark shit so smooth and turned it into a billion dollar brand “Cookies”, Gorilla Glue had a baaaaad time. It kinda just belonged to the streets if you will - nobody making a billion dollars of GG4. People love the smoke tho, it’s like our generation’s OG.

Best I can tell Tony built a reputation on NAILING the taste and funk and power into a stable reg seed line. Seems like the forum nerd’s forum nerd, and other offerings are headstash smoker’s flavors in a time where candy rapper weed over saturated the growing legitimate market.

17 Likes

that was his freebie drop for 4/20/20 it’s Jimmie rustler (animal cookies x gbub bx 4 or 5) crossed with Buckeye purple.
I didn’t find anything that purpled but I did find a plant that finished in 55 days. it looked just like cookies but yielded better and never molded.

7 Likes

Agreed on accessibility. 1st seeds from GLG were TG. I had a pretty lame newby question. He not only answered it, he didn’t find it necessary to make me feel lame. I’ve learned much reading his explanations to others as well.
The man has a passion. I’m sure I’ll buy more TGTB before too long. Hmmm…420 sales in less than a month.

11 Likes

@crownpoodle Tony is probably one of the most legit dudes out there. Always a stand up guy! Also you’re right the 420 sale is looking sick!

5 Likes

I’m not necessarily hunting purple. PPD just caught my attention. 1st purple weed I saw was 1977. It came out of the mtns behind Santa Barbara and had been snowed in on an early cold snap.

3 Likes

You put into words my thoughts on it pretty perfectly. To reverse it from the usual metaphors, if weed were rappers, GSC got off the streets and then managed to get a major label deal because it was smooth, pleasant, and inoffensive and everyone liked it. GG4 was the mixtape rapper who stayed in the street because they were too rough and rugged for a label and thrived anyways because they were so good. Call them Jay-Z vs Big L. People don’t even remember GG4 because lots of them never tried the real thing, just Glue hybrids afterwards, but I was smoking and selling in the 2010s and let me tell you that nothing compares.

You couldn’t have paid me to smoke GSC if there was some good Glue around, the flavor profile and effects are so much heavier and more interesting. Tony’s done an incredible job of capturing the taste and effects of the cut (RIP Joesy Whales) and I think we like the guy so much because like folks said, he’s accessible, knowledgeable, and a forum nerd just like us. He’s done some great work preserving and working forward lines from two breeders who passed during the projects (Joesy and BOG, three if you count his original breeding partner Dansbuds), and made it a point to emphasize the value to all of us of strongly inbred lines being outcrossed to others to make powerful F1s, something that IMO not enough breeders do. I’m also a big fan of his collaborations with other excellent breeders.

20 Likes

Cookies:

“ Yeah, I’m out that Brooklyn, now I’m down in Tribeca
Right next to De Niro”

GG4:

“fuck karate I practice gun-fu”

8 Likes

What about Wu? “Wu-Tang is for the children!” Lol

3 Likes

Spot on, it’s the recessive sour b trait making her look good around 8, the pine tops go 63-70 for sure

6 Likes

RIL Fast Auto, had 2 males of 36 throw hairs in the left back corner against the wall. Dwarfed by the girls too. These were selected 2 gens in 24 hour light and now production run in 12/12. This is with residual light from a daisy chained veg tent vent system fucking with the schedule too. Ladies are all clean so far.
Thought I’d share results. Some people might be like fuck that but with triangle kush and gg4 gene pools I consider it to be a good result. You can easily do 100x worse here.

23 Likes

All my weed knowledge comes from forums because I don’t live anywhere where breeding or strain knowledge is even a thing.

I’ve been down many wormholes but this GG4 and RIL wormhole has been the most solid and reliable when it comes to information especially because Tony is here to answer questions and criticism every time.

All the best strains I’ve grown have been GG4 crosses, so when I found out gg4 was clone-only I was bummed because no chance I’d be able to get a clone to where I live. Luckily someone pointed me towards one of Tony’s threads and read through the entire breeding project and was pretty convinced this was a no-brainer. About 3 or 4 weeks away from harvesting my first RILs and even at this stage I’m already sold on the hype.

Anyone that’s put even half as much work into strain preservation needs solid accolades. I never dreamed cannabis genetics would become so sparse with knowledge and dedicated work like we see now from people like Tony. It’s really impressive stuff. I really applaud what he’s done even from just my amateur hobbyist position.

Edit: dunno why I wrote this, but if anything Tony deserves shitloads more credit than 99% of other breeders out there

25 Likes

I’m sooo excited for these! Please keep sharing updates!! I love seeing the work that you put into your seeds. :raised_hands:t3:

9 Likes

We smoked 3 jars of beta testers at the z labs cup, all really well liked by a large group of OGd but 1 was special. Zoned in the breeding based off feedback. Was skeptical myself but fell in love with this one and am really proud of it.

Quite a bit of sour bubble influence crossed over as you can see from the leaf but nailed the branching and long node open structure.

After these are done I’ll make some fems. Also gonna hit these RIL Fast with the gg4ril again and repeat the process. Check on those in a few years ha

18 Likes

I remember…I agree!
I did not smoke any of it but my buddy chris said the toasted bubble was really good too. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

That was the wet sour d I brought that we dried in the toaster oven, it was so fire all that got smoked too lolololo

10 Likes

Good name for if there’s ever a Fire OG x Gorilla Bubble

3 Likes