Tracker's garden

The soil is the same that i’ve been using for a long time. You can see a compost barrel to the left of the bed in some of the pics. I fill it up with kitchen scraps and yard waste (a lot of defol from the plants) throughout the year and turn it into the soil in the spring.

When I transplant babies into the bed, I apply Wallace Organic Wonder Myco granules.

Once the plants start looking like they could benefit from some nutrient supplementation, I add salt nutes…light mix at first, then heavier as they get bigger.

At this part in late veg, I’m feeding the heaviest veg mix.

I use my municipal tap water that comes out at about 200ppm and pH 8.4. I use ascorbic acid to pH down.

In a 5gal bucket I mix…

5tsp GH MaxiGro
1tsp BluePlanet EasyWeed
1tsp Wallace Organic Wonder soluble humic/fulvic
10mL Botanicare CalMag+

I mix up two 5gal buckets of feed. Then, I use a 2gal watering pail to distribute the feed mix around the raised bed. Then, I give it a good soaking with the water wand. I really need to work out a less labor intensive application method, but every year I end up procrastinating on that.

Sometimes I pick up other supplements when I find deep discounts. I have some CytoPlus on hand that I got on the cheap. Every 2nd feeding, I add 1tsp CytoPlus to the 5gal mix.

I also got some Fishshit in a raffle, so i’ve been mixing 5ml/gal into my feedings until it runs out.

Around here, bugs will shred your stuff if you don’t apply sprays. I apply weekly (weather permitting) preventative maintenance of the following…

I only apply sprays in the evening, after sunset, and only if it was dry on the day of application and forecast to be dry the following day.

Makes 4gal mix. It takes that much to fully cover my cannabis and other vegies and flowers. I could fully cover the cannabis with 2gal at the current size of garden.

In 4 gal water add…

Same nutrient mix as above, but only 1/4 to 1/2 strength

1tsp Dawn concentrated dish soap
2 oz Azamax
2 oz Monterey BT
2 oz Monterey Spinosad
2 oz Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide

I mix my feed and spray mixes with a high speed drill with a mixer attachment.

I apply the spray through the first two weeks of flower, when bud formation really starts to happen. Then I stop applying sprays and keep my fingers crossed until harvest. I always lose some to bugs and mold, but its usually less than 5% loss.

After the plants stop stretching, and they are going into true flower mode, I transition from MaxiGro to MaxiBloom.

Also, when I’m in a pinch because I didn’t resupply on the base nutes, i’ll use MiracleGro I have on hand for my flower garden.

18 Likes