Tracker's garden

I heard Cheese is really popular in the UK. What’s its ancestry?

1 Like

While its exact origins remain unknown, the story is that UK Cheese dates all the way back to 1995 and was first cultivated and enjoyed just north of London. It is a phenotype of Skunk #1 that was particularly stinky, hence the name cheese and was spread by a group called the Exodus collective who passed on cuttings to a select few, which is why some will know it as Exodus Cheese. It stands out primarily from many other cheese strains in that it presents a hugely pungent fragrance and considerably larger buds.

6 Likes

Now that mine is in cure I can give the following comments. It has not been smoke tested yet.

I expect NL to have a more Indica structure, tighter structure, more compact flower, more resinous.

The PC pheno that I finished outdoor was not like that at all. It was stretchy, lanky, floppy stems that def need support.

The bud structure is not compact. It’s not as airy as some i’ve grown before. Somewhere in between.

Not resinous or sticky feeling to the touch. When rubbing the flowers and rubbing fingers together late in the season, it felt sandy or like you had sugar crystals on your fingers. Under the scope, there were plenty of trichs, but the trichs were smaller compared to other varieties in the garden.

The aroma on the finished pheno is not cheesy like cheese variaties i’ve grown before. The aroma has some sandalwood/haze with earthy bitter fruity undertones. I actually like it quite a bit.

The flowering started late outdoor, like end Aug to early Sep, but it finshed fast enough. Definitely fully ripe for harvest when I chopped in 3rd week October.

I hope the (NL5xSk1) pollen will impart a little better structure to the stems. The bud structure being a little more open was okay for me outdoor. This plant had the fewest mold spots of any in the garden, and I think this open bud structure helped with that. We had rainy wet days late in the season. Several varieties with more denser buds had many more blemishes to trim out.

Having said all that, we’ll see how my homie’s indoor finishes. There’s something about his environment and/or inputs that keeps the plants from stretching too much, and they stack tighter.

For example, he’s also running a Blue Dream clone from me, Blue Dream (Just Development #6 cut). The BD(JD6) is an awesome BD cut. Normally, very lanky and stretches like a mofo in the first few weeks of flower. In his indoor there’s almost no stretch, and it’s stacking fat.

We’ll see how his PC finishes up. I’ve got backups rooted of everything from the outdoor to decide what I’ll keep for over the winter after smoke testing. The PC flower is very interesting for me because the structure and aroma are not like anything I normally see around.

7 Likes

Patiently waiting for this to grow back out for quite a while. These flowers really are a treat…

20 Likes

Very nice looking :slight_smile:

1 Like

The PC in my 2022 outdoor is @luna 's Power Cheese = (UK Cheese x (UK Cheese x Power Plant))

The pheno I kept to flower out had quite a lot of African Sativa influence from the PP.

2 Likes

But how’s the smoke??? Hehe.
My wife has quite a collection of orchids. She has real good luck making them bloom.

1 Like

I’ve been babying this one for the past year waiting for it to bloom. It’s so hard to not over water them. They really don’t need much. Little water with weak nutrient solution every 1 to 2 weeks. In an area with only indirect sunlight. The root zone on this one is in a clear container nested inside the opaque container, so I can take it out and see how healthy it looks down there.

5 Likes

Orchids are so cool, but difficult to grow. Like cannabis, orchids have some devout enthusiasts. No doubt you’ve heard of the two dudes who went into the Darien Gap, where EVERYTHING is trying to kill anyone foolish enough to go there.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that

1 Like

I have not paid much attention to what she with orchids. I have MY flowers to play with. I do know that on the mid sized ones, about a foot tall, she throws a couple ice cubes on the media surface. That’s all they get except when it’s time to feed.

1 Like

I think you might be right about the PC leaning towards the Power Plant side of things. You can def feel the happy/euphoric effects of the cheese, but with a lot of sativa influence from the Power Plant. We’ll see what you think after a nice cure…lol

1 Like

@Maddawg here’s some pics of the buds of the CSK. It’s only been curing for a couple days, so no smoke test yet. It has an awesome intoxicating aroma IMHO. I just want to keep opening the bucket to get a whiff. I think the crosses off of this one with Bubblegum Kush and Doc’s OG are going to be special.

19 Likes

Nothing like the smell of a bucket O’ nugs! or just a bucket O’ nugs for that matter :wink:

If I remember correctly:

{(Indiana Bubblegum x Wedding Cake) x Afghan Hindu Kush} = CSK

The 2022 Outdoor grow Crosses
[{(Indiana Bubblegum x Wedding Cake) x Afghan Hindu Kush} x Bubblegum Kush]
[{(Indiana Bubblegum x Wedding Cake) x Afghan Hindu Kush} x Doc’s OG]

I can’t wait to grow em’ out!

Of course, I don’t have room for any more now but … … … … …

You know I am going to have to pop the Doc’s OG cross…

6 Likes

And it’s going to keep happening, I just got 10 new strains from Cali, and 8or9 coming from Florida!

4 Likes

I was seriously contemplating getting a commercial grow license just to support my seed habit! Too many beans, too little time! I just want to grow them all!

8 Likes

@joheimgrohen are you going to check out the Cowboy Cup? I was thinking of going up for a couple hours on the first Friday.

1 Like

Yeah, I took Friday off just for the cup.

1 Like

If I go, I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

I hear that!
I believe we both just received similar packages from NorCal.

I still have some from the last package that was sent.

Looks like I had better get popping…

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 Likes