Tracker's garden

The person on the other side of that fence does grow, but not outdoor. They do indoor only. They have some trees and tall bushes along their side of that fence which provide good cover when my plants get over the height of the fence, so the houses farther down the hill on that side have the view obstructed. With the cover, I can let them stretch up over the fence in flower.

2021 garden

43 Likes

I was thinking the same thing… Neighbor is growing too…

@tracker your bed is looking pretty full already…
Going to be a good year :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

You know how they say if you have windchimes your neighbor has windchimes too? Lol, kind of like that but with smells instead. Looks awesome!

3 Likes

Ive got 3 neighbors immediately adjacent to me that grow, and another right down the street that runs a commercial garden in addition to their home personal. I imagine there must be several others in my neighborhood. It’s everywhere you go in my state.

Crazy how much it’s changed in the last few years. Before medical, it was hard prohibition. Gardens had to be super stealthy.

4 Likes

I still feel like it’s not ok, even where it’s “legal” for a million reasons, so I’m that guy that still hits the deck if there’s so much as a knock on the door haha

Maybe I’m more like the old man in shawshank redemption at the grocery store that is reluctant to ask permission to pee haha, that’s more accurate

5 Likes

They have grown up quite a bit since my last update 8 days ago. I’ve been pinching the tops that stretch up too much to try to keep the canopy even. The lower net is almost filled out. I need to muster up the motivation to build out the upper trellis, but its going to be 100F and up to 106F forecast for the next 13 days! The root systems are well developed, so I hope they can handle the intense heat and sun. They did okay through the last heat wave with water every other day and nutrients supplemented every other watering, but this heat wave will last longer. Fingers crossed.

28 Likes

Sorry if this is a stupid question, Im new to growing, how did you decipher the females from the males at this early stage?

5 Likes

Welcome to OG.

I used rimrockanalytical.com to test for gender.

Use code “bulk10” for 10% off orders of 10 or more tests. Use “be positive” for free shipping.

It ended up costing me about 12 usd per sample, which was worth it for me to save time, effort, space. My first test batch was 70% males, so it was definitely worth it to be able to know to pop a second batch to pic through.

11 Likes

Jeez…filling out nicely! I’m really thinking I’ll have to use the screens next year. Nice way to contain things.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.

It’s getting a little unwieldy. I’ll build in an upper trellis by next weekend. Some of the plants are throwing pistils like they are in the flower stretch now.

3 Likes

This was from Autumn of 2021…

22 Likes

Nice! A pickup bed full of weed rolling down the street!

2 Likes

Purple Kush cross and Matanuska Thunder Head strains…this year my farmer buddies are growing Vietnam Thunder Fuck and Jenny Kush strains…

4 Likes

I will always be amazed by that photo of the truck. It will never get old Phil.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

I have one outdoor container so far. Shovel for scale:

Seed was from @Swe-can , Box of Chocolates.

I have 6 White Widows in pots on the deck, not sure what I’ll do with them yet. I started them because I want some seeds. I have some STS, so I’d like to reverse one, and pollinate 1 or 2 other WW plants.

I have 2-3 25gal containers that I could stick a couple in…see how they do. I haven’t grown an auto out to full screen yet…

Lob

11 Likes

I’ve never grown an auto before either.

I screwed some up by starting them too soon. Don’t know why it took so long to realize that, but popped the beans way too soon.

Lob

1 Like

What’s your latitude?

First frost average date mid=October. Last frost average date=Jun 1st

Lob

5 Likes

I was just comparing photos of the White Widows, taken 4 days apart:
Last Sunday:

Today:

Pretty happy.

Lob

12 Likes