Tracker's garden

Sweet! I’m excited to see what gems you find!

2 Likes

Genie’s juice in the middle.

Not the most exciting part of the grow but a necessary evil.

7 Likes

9 days since last pics of garden. The storm that blew through the night before last broke some branches with 70mph gust front. Kristi and the volunteer took damage.

Before

After

I amputated a few branches on the volunteer and tried to stake up the still living branches on the Kristi. There was was one branch on Kristi that could not be saved.

18 Likes

Bummer! Glad the damage wasn’t worse.

Beasts despite damage and the amputation. Beautiful work :clap:

2 Likes

The joys of outdoor in the midwest plains

4 Likes

Bad luck is terrible this year in Oklahoma. Outside is catching bad weather. Inside, I’m fighting mites and bud rot. Yours will be ok. In a couple days you won’t be able to see where the damage was.

5 Likes

We also got one hell of a storm here last night. It woke me up. Bad as it was, the timing of the storm was really good. I transplanted some basil and mammoth sunflowers yesterday, and the rain and overcast sky was helpful.

1 Like

Damn man, I’m hoping we don’t get any real gnarly storms. I was gonna put some stuff in the ground that I moved outside but I’m gonna hold off because we’re supposed to have a few days of some storms the end of the week

Mother Nature and can be cruel sometimes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The gust front that blew through had 70mph+ winds. It was pretty gnarly.

2 Likes

@Heliosphear Aloe flower has started opening up…

IMG_20230620_202205

14 Likes

Damn bro, did that monster of a volunteer already have a lean or did the storm do that? Either way, she’s a beast. Glad you’re alright. Coulda been worse. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Whaaahoooo it looks awesome! Does the aloe flower have a smell?

I looked at the before and after pictures for the gust front damage, still looks so healthy it makes me wanna grow outside all year round. I never seen wood fence panels hung on metal posts before, Did you do that yourself? Don’t think for a second I missed that Celtic tree of life symbol on the fence in the amputated branch picture. :smiley:

I cut down the Kristi, it has some seeds, but my next indoor will have Kristi in it grown for the sensi buds, going to run some Genie at the same time.
IMG_9447

Have a great Wednesday. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Good eye bud. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been pinching and bending the main branch over every couple days since it was about 3ft tall. If I hadn’t been doing that, she’d already be 8 or 9 feet tall.

2 Likes

I can’t smell anything on it. It flowers at least once per year. I never see any pollinators check it out. I guess the native species aren’t interested.

2 Likes

No, we asked the contractor to do it when he installed an older fence a while back. The panels have been replaced one time since the posts were installed. It does make it easier to swap the panels without installing new posts.

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what you find in there!

1 Like

Stuff’s growing well. The plants have rebounded from the storm damage. I’ve got to figure out what to do about the volunteer. I’ve got to tame it somehow, or it’s going to get ridiculous.

22 Likes

Anytime I start freaking out about mine thinking about them going into the stretch. I pop over here. God Bless Ya @Tracker :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

They’ve still got at least 5 weeks of veg left before they start to stretch. I might have to hack the top off that tall one. I’ve got to build a support structure asap. I’ve been slacking on that.

9 Likes