Tracker's garden

19 Likes

Another impressive grow man. Looking forward to see them finish out.

3 Likes

I’m certain the plants would be more productive with a trellis frame like last year. I wouldn’t have lost branches in storms (I lost several big branches on Kristi and Huge Volunteer), and the canopy would be spaced out way better. But last year I ended up with way more flower than fam/friends need anyway. I like to make them big for fun. Last year I just wanted to prove to myself how much I could make in that little raised bed. It was more than I expected.

11 Likes

Superb. I have said it in the past, but I love logging on and checking out your giant healthy plants!

1 Like

32 Likes

Hell YA :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

That Volunteer is Bad A$$. Nice job bruh.
Maybe when I grow up, I can be a good grower, like you.

7 Likes

Update time

Genie juice 2

Genie juice 1

Genie juice 4

Genie juice 3

I have similar problems with other plants in my garden, yellowing and rust spots. I had been using tap. I am going to switch back to ro and give them a flush once they dry out some to check ppms and ph. I’m thinking ph but let’s see.

9 Likes

Thank you for posting pics.

What’s your feed/water routine? What nutrients? What EC/ppm? What pH? Whats the EC/ppm on your tap water?

When i’ve had pH problems, it usually shows up clearly on the new growth. I use municipal tap water that comes out at about 7.9pH and 200ppm. At the stage you’re at, I feed at around 900-1000ppm and pH 6.2.

2 Likes

Ok so I am 130-160 out of the tap with 7 ph.

Feed is 10 grams of gypsum and 20 grams of maxibloom per 5 gallons. Touch of ph up to hit 6ish

Rotate between feed and regular water, back and forth.

The soil is reused and not amended with anything. Its about 3 grows old. Its perlite and sunshine mix number 4. I believe reusing my soil is what’s complicating things but I haven’t figured out exactly what.

I am open to ideas.

1 Like

My guess is the yellowing is from Nitrogen deficiency. The plant is hungry for N. Maxibloom has high P and low N. I feed MaxiGro until stretchung stops and bud formation starts. Then I slowly transition to MaxiBloom over the course of a few weeks. I don’t do 100% MaxiBloom until the ladt few weeks of flower. My gardens seem to like it…

20 Likes

I have some of the grow. Once I do the run off tests I will be adjusting. I should have done the run off sooner but I cracked a rib and well gardening just isnt much fun…at the moment lol.

1 Like

Friend growing out some of my beans sent these pics…

Dream6

Power Nap on left in ground
Dream Genie on right in 5gal

17 Likes

Opened that Dream6 up nice. :100: :fire:

9 Likes

He’s in a high humidity environment. He’s running these three because I thought they would hold up best with humidity and precip later in the season. The BD(JD6) that made the Dream6 has demonstrated to hold up in high humidity. I have high hopes for the Power Nap and Dream Genie.

7 Likes

Maybe consider topdressing with some dolomite lime? I find it very useful in balancing PH and keeping plants healthy. Especially when using tap water and reused soil. Just a thought…

4 Likes

I put this in my garden every year and till it into the soil.

3 Likes

Ok so a little more info…

Ran about a gallon of 75ppm 6 ph water through and tested the run off. Runoff cam back at 670 ppm and a strong 7 ph. I say a strong 7 ph because I use the liquid drops and have to color chart it.

I am mixing up 5 gallons of Ro water with 25 grams of maxigro and I am going to ph it to the high 5’s to get that ph down.

If you got a better idea chime in, I am more of a hydro guy then a soil guy. Thanks

I never use RO to mix nutes for the plants. I just use the muni tap water. At the stage you’re at, I use 1tsp/gal MaxiGro, and I pH down to 6.2 with ascorbic acid powder (vitamin C). I’ve never pH’d my runoff.

2 Likes

Never ph’d your runoff to check a plants ph?

Do you just not do run off checks? I mean it’s obvious you have you grow down to a science but how else would you check ph without looking for tell tale signs of deficiency?

Yeah I don’t like using the ro water but I did it this time to lower the variables of what’s causing the high ph.

Vitamin c for pH down, I normally use the GH up and down so I will have to check into that.

Thanks for the info :+1:.

1 Like