Traders reputation thread - intentions?

Lol really? Safe to send to?
If domestic shipments dont show up either the receiver is lying or its shit luck and your package got lost no?
How can an address be unsafe to send to? That person gets every piece of mail ever stolen?
Im so confused as to why you came into this thread all huffin n puffin about some technical wording about a problem that doesnt even exist.

Im all ears.
:thinking:

2 Likes

RIU leaves a sour taste in EVERYONES mouth. Too many haters and bullies over there. It’s a constant dick measuring contest when it comes to lights.

4 Likes

Well the intention was people who have sent seeds already have a history/track record of delivering on their word.
Therefore in a trading scenario, the less known/newer member would send beans first and upon their being received by trusted member, she/he would then send out to the new member. This means we dont need to wait for “pips”.
If someone is “trusted” on this list they have proven their trustworthiness to a lessor or greater degree. (somewhat signified by the number of times they are mentioned)

The fact lots of members had a “love fest” for each other early on is less useful but I can understand that people have built trust in more nuanced ways than a simple “deal”

hope that makes sense.

7 Likes

Well, we wouldn’t want this rumor to spread would we.

I would have heaped praise on you as well good sir had I understood this was your impression.

Forgive me kind sir.

We have the ability to bring each other up, or down, with a single word. Make it a good one :wink:

11 Likes

See the ‘tact’ that went into your reply ?! Lol . I digress, what a very good quote above and one :point_up:that everyone should think about… excellent obversation @99PerCent .!

Have a good weekend ,
Gaz

9 Likes

That’s literally the impression I got brother. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing or you are wrong in any way. I have a lot of respect for you my good man. Both for growing and moral values.

It was a comment in Herbie’s need help thread that gave me the perception. Where you say “this makes up for some questionable things”

In no way am I trying to call you out here it was to clear the air (more so in my own mind) it would appear. Don’t go changing 99

I wanna be a big part in lifting this community higher. But bear with me on occasion folks. If my mind’s moving too fast. The structure of my responses may be a bit abstract and blunt.

Like @Gaz29 pointed out. The levels of tact in that response are something special.

8 Likes

I don’t see how he was “huffin n puffin” at all… perhaps you were triggered by something he said. If long winded replies bother you, simply skip over them. We all have different levels of paranoia, different backgrounds, i.e. we are all diverse.

Re: Domestic shipments:
Depending on the area, mail gets stolen all the time. My wifes parents live in a city where crime is rampant, they get their mail stolen all the time and the postal service refuses to do a damn thing about it. They resorted to getting a camera system with one camera specifically pointed at the mailbox, have turned in footage to the local authorities, and yet, still nothing is done to prevent this. I’m sorry but you can’t make a blanket statement like

Your area may have perfect delivery and no mail thefts, USPS must be a well oiled machine where you are, but in many areas it would be easier to pull teeth than have a package arrive in a safe and timely manner. Look at @MadScientist and the months delay he has to go through to get stuff out, there’s always a holdup or loss to consider for him.

The other thing, everyone has opinions, they may not apply to everyone, but when someone shares, who are we to call them out simply for sharing. A lot of old timers have lived through the dark era of growing, they have every right to be cautious and paranoid.

In no way am I trying to ruffle your feathers, just sharing my opinion lol. The fact remains that federally sending cannabis seeds is still illegal in the USA because they contain “trace amounts of THC” So, perceived safety is up to the individual.

9 Likes

We STILL live in THAT era here in the UK and your right @Jellypowered , some of the USA is still illegal too and the legal-state peeps sometimes forget this, but it’s all good, paranoia in small amounts is a good thing .!
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

7 Likes

Just Remember Gaz…

Just because you’re Paranoid, doesn’t mean everyone ISN"T out to get you!!! HEHEHEHE

10 Likes

It is very polite and grateful to mention me this way brother @Jellypowered, please bring XOXOXOXXO to my long lost bro @toastyjakes, i dunno if i am HIS enemy but he will never be mine. You need to act as a beacon bro!

Humbly!

Sci :robot:

6 Likes

Just saying there are too many people here I have sent seeds here to list. I have sent to my autos across the globe and only had one person take seeds and run.

15 Likes

What is RIU? I’ve never heard of it.

6 Likes

It’s like og… but worse! Haha jk never used it, but og is amazing. U got a current grow? Make a grow diary post some pics, meet cool peeps , smoke a doobie, if u don’t got some beans to pop I’d be happy to send you some, just update us is all I ask.
Cheers

5 Likes

RIU is Rollitup.o=g and it is eye born AIDS.

13 Likes

OK. Thanks. Learn something new every day.

7 Likes

Rollitup. It’s another grow forum but it’s full of wankers :+1:

6 Likes

To be fair, there is a couple metric shitloads of good information on riu

3 Likes

Yep. Same here. Only one “no follow through” and I found it a bit surprising that a high-profile member would do this. Not going to name names. I’m not vengeful. Just disappointed.

1 Like

…and at least an order of magnitude more metric shitloads of vitriol and utter bullshit. Easily the worst forum I’ve ever been a member of.

3 Likes

I second that statement :+1:

1 Like