Treedawg's New Adventure

If you have decided on soil, you will need to be certain to provided enough aeration for the roots. This is probably the biggest issue. Perlite, vermiculite and some kinds of volcanic rocks all work. Rice hulls work.

Roughly 30% Peat Moss, 30% aeration and 30% nutrients in the form of compost, minerals etc.

3 Likes

good day over grow community.

2 Likes

Needing pictures of your ingredients.

This is the recipe I use, it’s a great starting point.

2 Likes

my 2cents: hydro is more $/labor, organic is more self-maintaining.

we haven’t asked if you have much budget(i am damn poor, myself).

i have changed recipes a lot & was having problems, so i went “back to basics” and am using something close to the buildasoil 2-step method reiko’s got for you-- but–
i gotta point out to everyone, that’s sure isn’t 2-steps for treedawg, he’s doing things 1-handed

here’s 3 mixes i’ve used, oldest to newest:

eliot coleman:
32qt commercial peat-lite mix / 24qt peatmoss + 8qt perlite
24qt compost
2cups fertilizer blend (equal parts: limestone, phosphate rock, greensand)

subcool2016:

and now i’m having decent results with this mix:

50/50 peat/perlite + 4-4-4 organic “seedlinger’s fertilixer” brand, azomite, oyster flour, mycos(great white). been using mammothP a bit too, but i might not again due to $.
the fertilizer was on sale and their website blows but it’s good stuff, imo.

2 Likes

I also charge my coco before planting or transplanting.

ok my man my uncle helps me out.

1 Like

I told you that you were going to get a lot of help here!

@treedawg

1 Like

thank you for making me this spot.

2 Likes

No thanks needed, it’s my pleasure brother!

1 Like

good day over grow community.

1 Like

You need to do that yourself bro, but let me give you one… Or two.

Save it to your computer and then change the avatar under preferences. NP. Maybe a mod can help. @ryasco @Blowingupjake

this is good news! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

or more?

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA

There you go @treedawg, many to choose from…

I do not have computer skills to do this will a mod help me out?

try right-click on a picture you want, save it to your computer, name it whatever.

on OG, click that T you don’t like, then click the “gear/cog” icon for Preferences.

scroll down to profile picture, then click the Pencil icon to edit/upload. then click Custom & Upload the thing u just saved on to your PC.

hope this helps, i can’t admin. (yet) muahahah

c.s

after I name it have no idea how to find it will just stay with what I have.

Morning. Would someone please change the avatar for this new comer. He says he saved the pic in his computer but can’t find it. Thanks in advanced for the attention to the matter. @ryasco @Blowingupjake @Calyxander

Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry bud, I don’t have the option to change it.

1 Like