TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

Heres a SIL rig I built today for a friend with Luminus brand bulbs. Shes just looking to grow a couple small plants in a small closet so I figured this light along with a few gallons of coco and some nutes would be a good start and a good way to spread a little holiday cheer to someone interested in growing.

16 Likes

Where do you guys find these 7 bulb fixtures ? Ceiling fans lol

4 Likes

Nevermind Amazon’s got them

4 Likes

Amazon $10-$15 each I think mine were $10.49 when I purchased them.

4 Likes

I got mine on flea bay, I think I paid $7 something each for 6 arms and one in the middle.

3 Likes

Is it possible to breed for this. Maybe x a couple Stardawgs, call 'em Cerberus.

3 Likes

Could you show the flip side? How does this attach to the socket?

2 Likes

Sure thing I’ll take some pics here in a bit. They come with stupid long male sockets on the back (to turn one socket into 7) but I modify mine by removing this back male socket and wiring them straight into the AC leads. That way you gain 4" headroom and can mount them flush to pretty much anything (a stick in the above case lol)

Edit:

12 Likes

Would you kindly tell me a little more about these bulbs? This type of rig is quite appealing

3 Likes

Just standard LED bulbs that you buy at the hardware/grocery/corner store with the domes ripped off.

4 Likes

Lol. It was the lack of cover that threw me off

2 Likes

They work pretty good if on a tight budget and were all I was using up until recently.

8 Likes

Just to be difficult I’m going to say you should run them at 90mA to get better efficiency :slight_smile:

3 Likes

seriously though it’s very clever and cost effective.

3 Likes

Did you find the 3500k range adequate for flowering? Did you do science? I have a mix but haven’t been selective.

3 Likes

I’ve used a 50/50 mix of 2700k/5000k and had arguably the best results, but my last run was mostly all 5000k and it still produced big fat dense buds.

6 Likes

That’s what I’m using too and works a charm.

2 Likes

Day 38

The smells!

13 Likes

Day 1

I guess we can call this day 1. Looks like one of the DDxSBR isnt going to make it which is okay I only planned for 8 max.

15 Likes

Autos looking good man they are growing fast now, look like completely different plants from last week.

1 Like