TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

On a more serious note, however, I’ve noticed over the last few grows my lack of organization had been a huge hindrance to my motivation to want to put my 110% in, and therefore affected my overall success.

I’m trying to get super duper organized this go around with feeding regiments and such.

7 Likes

Yeh I have been thinking the same thing as well, the mouth debacle really messed my organization and concentration up. I have not really been into it after the timer went tits up.

My focus is all to fuck as I am not getting good sleep atm, I don’t know whats going to happen to that DHXC99 its close to 4 ft tall atm and painted says they will hulk out same with the Big Bang, but don’t know how much they stretch.

I lost 5 bulbs this week in the flower room, I am thinking shall I by 5 bulbs or just leave it and save the money, they were all 5000K 8W from Crappy tire, cant be more than 3 months old.

3 Likes

Weird I’ve not had a bulb fail to date! Even ran some 24/7 for several months straight.

And yeah, in the end you really can only put in what you’re willing to put into your grow, so it’s important to make it easy to be willing (if that makes any sense)

It’s the hobby we love, if we aren’t loving it, then it isn’t a hobby.

Also…

I’m glad I left the driver in the tent with the SP250 its keeping things nice and warm. The other tent is still 20C this one here is a nice 25C.

12 Likes

I left the driver for mine in the flower room, I may have to swap some of the lights, out for a 600 HPS come Jan and Feb, just to keep the temps up.

2 Likes

I think if you put the drivers in your intakes or even on the floor of the tent with a small fan pushing the hot air it would warm a tent up pretty good.

Get 2 birds stoned at once!

6 Likes

New tent is looking all pro like and stuff man!!
Looks great, you’re gonna be swimming in buds before you know it!!

4 Likes

Day 37
I’ve been inspecting the hermie GTxSBR for any more pollen sacs and so far so good. It appears that they really only wanted to grow on the lower 4-6" of the plant so when growing this strain in the future its important to pick em off as they pop up, or do like I did and just strip the lower portion of the plant that was growing them.

13 Likes

Some seedlings are up in the Mars grow

16 Likes

Those left two soil or coco with added perlite?

2 Likes

Coco with added perlite, but was tempted to try a 1gal in soil for fun but nahh lol

2 Likes

My favorite part even more than harvest. :grinning:

4 Likes

Then you’ll really like this trifoliate mutation @Meesh

14 Likes

I saw it here somewhere but can’t find what strength mega crop you’re giving them now? I just started an all auto round and will copy it lol

2 Likes

Does it produce 3 branches as well as leaves?

1 Like

Trifoliate is cool, whorled phytotaxy is the other name that gets thrown around.

Makes for compact bushy plants…

2 Likes

cnd tire bulbs are junk imo, have had issues with them wheres as the phillips from homedepot are just solid.

6 Likes

Pretty much everything grows in 3’s, which is good and bad, as @Hephaestus mentioned it usually results in short bushy plants.

@beacher For the flowering plants? I’ve been giving about 2.0EC. Its still not ideal as I see deficiencies at 1.9 and toxicities at 2.1+ so it’s really touchy stuff. For my most recent batch I mixed in a half dose of PK booster (0-50-30) so about .4 of total EC (1.6 MegaCrop, .05 Tap water and .4 PK Booster)

For the young seedlings in coco I usually dont feed them until after the first week or so, but this time around I’m using 200ppm of calimagic during the initial phase, to charge up the coco and get them calmag ions available to the plant. Then I think I’ll use MegaCrop for the first 2 weeks, before switching to MaxiBloom for the flowering phase. I might just use MaxiBloom all the way through I havent decided yet.

5 Likes

This is going to be awesome!!! Hope that tent is triple stitched, cause its gonna be bursting at the seams!!!

4 Likes

She looks fun! I have yet to sprout one. It would thrill me for sure.

4 Likes

Great feeding schedule there, thanks. I’ll definitely be doing something very similar.

1 Like