TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2020

Looks like calcium and definitely a magnesium deficiency to me. Those taco’ing leaves are 100% what I see whenever I’m low on mag under LED’s. If I do nothing then the interveinal chlorosis starts to set in.

Flowers are looking good though ^^

3 Likes

It’s hard to say. I’ve run it every season except winter so I don’t think it’s temps.

I’ve retired the line anyway but still a head scratcher.

3 Likes

I read about a newly discovered plant virus that affects Cannabis. It’s called Dud Virus.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HWioYb05MAPajdRz6M1SF9AqO5BXu3dsPgmF0x7ETPI/edit

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

1 Like

Damn, 3 months I don’t even know where to begin.

Here’s a recap of what went on in the grow since then:

Started these PRxCD and GRxCD autos at the end of October. Had originally started 9 but something happened early on that killed 3 of them so had to start the other 3 two weeks later. Was a rough start all around and the plants struggled with EC and pH issues.

By 10th of December they were all burnt up and yellow but I knew I was still gonna get a decent yield so just saw it through:

It was at this point I started monitoring my pH and EC daily in both the reservoir and the runoff. I was getting crazy spikes overnight from pH6.0 to 6.8 and my EC would shoot up rapidly from 1.3 all the way up to 2.0.

My first thing I did was mix up a big batch up nutrients and just leave them sit for a couple days then check. Well when I checked it there were no swings like I was seeing in my reservoirs.

So that led me to switching both of tents to a Drain-to-waste setup.

Idea here was to have more control over input levels. The old setup was return-to-reservoir where runoff would drain back into the reservoir, taking with it lots of algae, coco pith, and out-of-balance nutrient solution. This new system I know that what I mix up for nutrients is what the plants are getting, and if there’s any buildup in the media I just run the pumps more often. Things have stayed in check ever since. I didn’t expect this to magically “fix” the already burnt up and damaged plants I had going, but was excited to see what this new system would do if ran DTW through the entire cycle.

So at this same time I started another round in the SP-250 tent of the same strains, same nutrients (2 part MegaCrop at the time)

Less than a week later and I was seeing the younger plants in the flowering tent were really digging the switch to DTW and had found a second wind.

And some pink pistils on the PRxCD

Early Christmas gift from the legend @McMuffin. Thanks bud!

December 22nd

@George sent me some of @Sebring’s Dragonheart CBD autos a while back and I grew one out during this run. Was a bit of a runt but that was likely more due to the early issues. The plant grew dense, resinous buds and smelled (and later tasted) really good. Thanks George!

Christmas day!!

Harvested the two runty plants on the 30th

Cookie Devil

Dragonheart CBD

Still lots left though!

January 3rd seedlings are not seedlings anymore and are ready to be switched to auto-watering. In hindsight I should have started this maybe a week earlier.

Also harvested a GRxCD

And this PRxCD

And another GRxCD

Which gave the younger plants some room to finish up

I’m digging these drying racks and the whole process of not hanging up big branches to dry, cuts processing time in almost half and makes for better looking buds. Also, not a bad haul for effectively a 2x2 space.

Made a homemade cannagar press! It works!

Bought a set of hash bags a while back and have just been dry sifting my trim and getting some really nice returns. Much easier than solvent based extraction.

January 8th, still some time to go on these

Youngsters have exploded ever since the switch to auto-water and DTW! Should have done this sooner!

January 14th the fade begins

Holy wow look at what’s going on in the other tent!!

January 17th and 2 of these plants are pretty much ready to go:

Chopped 2 of em on the 19th

PRxCD

GRxCD

And that brings us to yesterday, where we have a packed tent about 3-4 weeks out from harvest, and boy is it packed in here!

So that’s what I’ve been up to over these last 3 or 4 months. Apologies for not keeping the journal updated but there’s been a lot going on and it’s been tough to find the time to throw a post like I just did together, especially considering how long it’s been.

I hope everyone had a healthy and safe holiday! Stay tuned for the new 2021 Trailer Park as I’ve got some big plans for the year I look forward to sharing with everyone!

21 Likes

That’s a hell of an update! Some good looking buds in those harvests, too :yum:

Welcome back :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Trev, glad you got your mojo back, your grow is looking excellent now you solved some of those major issues you were experiencing before Crimmy. Looking forward to seeing your Trailer Park expansion for this year buddy.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. A while back, @GramTorino suggested I try DtW but I was super resistant, as I didnt have an easy way to deal with the waste, and didnt want to be refilling my reservoir every 2-3 days. Well every 2-3 days I have to scoop out the waste from my drain bucket and refill the reservoir (using twice as much nutrients) but needless to say it is worth it.

I still have the 3rd tent I want to do some stuff with, maybe a monocrop organic run as I have all the materials here.

I have a big bag of ewc here I want to start playing with. Anyone here have experience mixing it with coco and could recommend a percentage (I was thinking 15-20%)? I’m thinking there will still be some benefit to using it even in small pots in a dtw setup. Just wanna play with getting beneficials into my grow and it seemed like a cheap and low-risk option.

4 Likes

Glad to see you back Arriba|nullxnull, looks like you left behind all your troubles with that DTW setup, seems to work like a charm. Those EWC in coco makes me think about fungus gnats :sweat:, hope I am wrong. Wishing to follow your progress … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Definitely something I considered, I’ve had some sitting out for a couple weeks and havent seen any activity.

They dont really bother me as I run in small pots and everything’s modular enough to isolate and eliminate issues like that when they pop up.

That said Im obviously not going to use it in all my pots this next round as I want to be able to compare results with/without.

3 Likes

Has anyone thought about a DTW system with hempy buckets? hum|nullxnull You would have more time between feedings and solved the runoff water problem … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s been done as all you would need is a typical hempy bucket on top of a drain table.

I still havent gotten around to trying hempys although I’ve been wanting to try them for a while. Hell I was super close to ordering a set of AutoPots which are essentially the same thing but with auto top-ups. Problem is I like to run a lot of plants to ensure I get the most out of my sqft. That means running in smaller pots which just aren’t suitable for a hempy.

Maybe I should try it out in the little 2x2. I also wanted to do a coco+ewc+amendments type deal with which I’m sure hempys would still work. Or blumats, god I just cant make up my mind and meanwhile a tent is going unused lol

3 Likes

Hey Brother. I’ve ran “Hempys” in part cups 16 oz size no issues and up to 3gal in size. Lovez me some hempies.

4 Likes

Sure, but way I see it there comes a point when the pot is so small that it has to be topped up every day and loses some of its benefits vs a drip or flood system which are geared towards that sort of thing.

It could definitely work though in a system like mine, and bring with it benefits like being able to potentially return to reservoir once again, as well as pretty much no surface algae and mold. Maybe worth trying someday as I’m always up for experimenting.

3 Likes

Chopped this final PRxCD today, probably was my biggest yielder this round, very impressed.

I let her run nice and long and she gave a me a ton of huge, dense buds!!

The other tent, well, let’s just say it’s a little crowded in there…

19 Likes

Beautiful fruit sir @TrevorLahey

4 Likes

Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy!!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Defoliated a TON of junk from below the canopy today, and did a bunch of training. Going to wait a couple days and thin the top out some more. This tent truly is overgrown.

Getting things set up in the other tents, too. Going to start a new 2021 thread for it, though, and kick things off with a side-by-side experiment. Stay tuned.

14 Likes

They certainly needed thinking out, that was pretty dense in there.

Keep us posted and remember to put a link to your new thread at the bottom of this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s it for 2020, head on over to the 2021 thread to see what’s in store for this year!

4 Likes

Glad you’re back brother! I’m subd and psyched! I’ll bring some Dr. Pepper and a few blunts.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

5 Likes