TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2020

I’m sorry for your loss and understand how you feel: in my previous grow I tossed (stoned decision) one beautiful lady and kept two males that threw balls on me :disappointed:, in the next from six plants there were five males and the only lady was a feminized seed :sweat:. So from my last nine plants I have just one in the veg tent.

Maybe you should go KISS and back to the basics, I am sure there was a time where you had everything nailed up and with great harvest. Perhaps it was just you watering plants on soil. Maybe that watering automatation is just something difficult to adjust, if it doesn’t work well I would just step back from it, think about it, cheers man … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

I usually end up with a decent harvest because I tend to over plan and grow lots of plants. My best runs were on auto-watering, and I have actually had similar issues as shown above when hand watering, too.

It’s probably just the plants getting overwatered and ec building up in the media locking them out. But the whole recirculating part makes things worse as theres always organic stuff being washed back into the reservoir and festering between waterings.

Gotta find a way to keep this from happening in the future or I’m going to lose my mind. I think DTW is a good step in the right direction but I’m sure it will bring with it additional challenges.

3 Likes

I heard mixing organics and hydroponics is not a good idea, maybe it has something to do … :sweat:

1 Like

Theres nothing organic (or hydro, technically) in my setup.

Coco, with drip lines watering them from the top multiple times a day with MegaCrop nutrients, which I guess have organic stuff in it but you get what I mean.

1 Like

Sorry, that was what has confused me, thought it was something like ebb and flow or similar, too stoned to read the whole thread … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ive never had luck with MegaCrop in a resivoir. It always goes funky on me. Maybe their new AB formula would work out better.

8 Likes

Well, I set everything up to try to salvage some bud today with a deep washing.

Had a good mindset and a few beer into me and started chopping the least damaged looking plant.

I started seeing some patches of botrytis here and there so I got a little discouraged. But I picked it off and proceeded to wash it in the triple bath.

I got the first branch washed and started looking through the bud and started finding LOADS of corn borer worms. Tried to wash again but the slimy bastards just wont let go.

Checked a few more branches and they were also infested with not only spider mites but now these corn borers which were leaving all this gross soot on everything.

The other plants were all rotted outside and in.

I gave up. The garden was a complete wash.

I ended up filling 5 of these garbage bins with weed.

And I plan on just tossing some fuel on it and lighting it up when they lift the burn restrictions in my area. God help whoever’s downwind haha.

It’s sad but also I’m happy to be moving on from it. I pretty much had lost hope back in July when the mite problem really started to take hold. I should never have accepted those mite infested clones, even into an outdoor garden. I’m sure the soil is probably littered with them and they will even come back next year.

Felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders as I walked away from it today, followed by an outdoor strip and spray down and put all my clothes in a bag and focused on not cross contaminating anything.

Even though I have a greenhouse for next season I am very discouraged to continue the outdoor growing, just same issues year after year and I’m lucky if I get anything out of all my work.

10 Likes

Stop by my thread if you need ideas on coco dtw feeding.

I stopped using the Megacrop 1part. Had used v1 and v2 with some success…but more problems.

Their new Megacrop 2part may be worthy. A virtual copy of Jacks 5-12-26. Only minor differences. But I have never tried it.

My veg mix - w elevated Ca/Mg ppm.

Also use a little Garden Friendly Fungicide. (Hydroguard alternative)

Just sharing info. Not trying to push any product or method.

6 Likes

I still have like 4lbs of the new V3 MegaCrop that I just bought I would hate to have to toss it and buy more shit lol. I still have 2 full bottles of GH micro and bloom, calimagic, pails of organic dry amendments, kelp fertilizers etc from previous nutrient troubleshooting. Gotta stop blindly throwing money at a problem hoping changing nutes will fix it. Besides, I think the new MegaCrop is better than the previous stuff. Mixes and remains at 6.1-6.2 and EC stays stable. The funkiness was likely due to having all the nastiness running back into my res. Also admittedly I’m sure neither of my reservoirs are lightproof and that isnt helping things.

I keep a 10gal “master” reservoir to pull from to fill my small reservoirs in the tent, and it never gets funky unless I accidentally leave the lid off, just a bit of kelp sediment.

Yeah alot of my reasoning behind wanting to switch to DTW is seeing the success people like you and @KingGhidora have without running into the same issues that a recirc system can bring.

Next step is finding a way to handle the waste water and sizing reservoir(s) that can service both tents.

4 Likes

I’m fortunate gravity draining of waste is possible.

For draining waste, some implement a baby bilge with auto switch.

Example…

Same with my dehuey, I love my gravity drain. Emptying the dehuey bucket sucks. Lol

The v3 Megacrop should be great for veg. Just ok for flower.

The GH is good stuff, very flexible.

2 Likes

My basement drain is about 25 feet away from my tents but it’s at the exact opposite corner of the basement and would have to snake around my chimney and furnace to get to the drain. I have about 14-16" of vertical drop from my drain port on my trays to the basement floor so maybe gravity drain is still an option.

I would need at least a 10gal res for each tent, or a single 45gal drum but then I think I’d need bigger pumps with more lift.

And also yeah I have to dump my dehuey every day it sucks and its only like 12 feet from the drain

2 Likes

I guarantee…
Once you get that drainage setup…you will luv it and hug it daily!

5 Likes

:thinking: shit. from here to there things have been fucked :butterfly: up. all around. me say market prices forecast to jump in '21. damnit.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Seriously 15 days? Damn.

Been really busy with the photography business with all the fall colors, and my garden has been pretty much on autopilot.

So they are surviving albeit beat up, but when is my garden ever not looking beat up?

Few days back I saw a lot of stippling on the leaves of one of my plants.

If you look closely you can see some tiny interveinal stippling (not the rusting and other spotting). Also the edges of some leaves were curling in strange ways. It caught my eye when I opened the tent.

Alas, I checked all the above leaves front and back with my loupe and macro lens and no sign of pests.

But I still wanted to quarantine this plant just in case.

As for next round I’m trying to get things reset and cleaned so I can start some more. Local hydro shop has been out of basically all media since covid hit so I’m going to have to use my reclaimed stuff from previous grows.

11 Likes

I hope you are clean man, when I saw those leaves I thought oh fuck poor Trev has them in his tent now. It sure does look similar.

My Orange Goji had mites again the other week, it went straight in the fire pit. Cant see any problems elsewhere on the GDP that was next to it so I think there must have been an egg somewhere that didn’t get killed off.

I hope the re claimed goes all right, the grow op shop was out of stuff for a while, but they were back up to full stock when I went in 3 weeks ago.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve had the fuckers before and I thought for sure I had a problem.

And when you see stuff like this:

And this:

Your heart gets beating a mile a minute and makes it even harder to inspect.

But I’ve stripped off a dozen of the worst looking leaves, ones that based on my experience should be crawling with the borg, and inspected them even under my Carson brite and I dont see anything.

Tent is getting a good sanitizing when this round is done anyways.

6 Likes

Yeah I know that panicked feeling of what do I do, what do I do lol.

That bottom pic looks classic mite infestation, you would expect to uncurl those leaves and find webs in there.

3 Likes

I did and found nothing lol. Bit of a conundrum…

3 Likes

I suspect these are people that ask you for weed on a regular basis. I’m with @Foreigner. Fuck em and feed them oatmeal! I get grief occasionally for not letting my plants ripen enough. Aside from the fact that I suffer from premature chopulation, they’re my plants, I grew them and I’ll do whatever I want with them.
Peace & Love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Someone on here just had to scrap a grow due to some freaky plant virus that travels from plant to plant. @argo945 had some kind of root bugs that infested everything he grew or tried to grow. I’ll confirm who it was and send it to you. Might be the answer.

Blessings…
:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

6 Likes