TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2021

Does being Canadian count as your neighbor? I’m only a few thousand houses down the block :laughing:

That’ll do it for sure, especially the fasting. Been having OMAD for so long, the extended fasting is what really helps the most. Longest I’ve gone was 17 days last year.

6 Likes

Thanks bud, it’s definitely got some flaws in machining but the design ended up working out great.

How’s your tumbler build coming along? Mine runs steady it’s a real asset to the grow and one of my favorite additions in a while. There’s probably another 5g or so in it today after taking 7.5 out yesterday.

I have been consuming WAY too much lately, I might actually run out of flower before the next harvest. Tolerance breaks are not really an option so I just had to chase the dragon and focus on dosing with more concentrates to get the job done.

What vape did you get? I’m really interested in trying out those Dynavap units I keep hearing good things and they’re a low cost way of getting into dry herb vaping.

So happy to hear you’re feeling healthier. It’s amazing what the right adjustments can do for your quality of life!

I just had an exploratory operation on Wednesday that while not really changing my prognosis, definitely is going to help with moving forward with treatment. The day trip yesterday was kind of a soul cleansing after a hellish week.

Cheers to a new, better future!!

5 Likes

17 days is impressive, I am switching between omad and 2mad atm trying not to let my base metabolic rate drop and keep my body guessing. I dropped 25 lbs in the first 3 weeks and my BP dropped so low I came off my BP meds.

The most I have managed is 10 days a while ago with just water and lemon juice, after a botched periodontal op about 18 months ago, and when I was 23, I got mono and strep throat at the same time and did not eat solids for probably 3 months, cant remember fully, I was drifting in and out of consciousness the first month. I was living off half a can of Lucazade a day, that’s a glucose drink you get in the UK, I lost nearly 60 pounds in those 3 months. These were not voluntary so they dont really count lol, I can do 48 hours no problem, in fact its harder to get enough calories in me, than it is to not eat :slight_smile: Once I get past 48 hours the hunger pangs die off quite a bit.

2 Likes

Its a 60x60 UTILLIAN 620 VAPORIZER

The mouth piece slides off as its magnetic which makes loading with shaky hands easy as well as cleaning. It takes air in from the bottom and the vapour runs through a heli coil to cool it down a bit. It has pre set timing on it so you can just put it down and it will turn itself off saving the battery, it hits max temp in under a minute which is what I hated about my old one which would take 2-3 minutes.

3 Likes

Nice! And at a good price too, looks like a solid alternative to the overpriced units like storz and bickel.

I had an Arizer Solo a while back, it stopped working, didn’t realize it just needed a battery replacement, gave it to an acquaintance who said they could fix it, never saw it again… lol

The DynaVap units are not electronic you pack it like a hitter, put the cap on and warm it with a lighter til it pops then hit it. Kinda strange but also pretty ingenious.

4 Likes

Saves worrying about the battery dying and you cant charge it when you want a toke. This is only for dry herb, cant do oil or hash unfortunately.

The tumbler has stalled atm, I have so many things I am trying to do around the house, half way through re decorating the 2 bedrooms in the basement, and now the weather has warmed up a bit there is outside stuff needing doing asap, plus wanting to grow some mushrooms, I have all the paraphernalia needed, just need to get the time spare to sterilize everything and make up a spore syringe.

I got 25 gallons of fermented sugar water I need to run through my still as well, to get the alc out, as well as tear down the flower room and and fumigate it. I am halfway through clearing out my workshop as well, so it looks like a bomb went off in there atm :persevere:

My truck failed the MVI on Monday :sob: the frame is rusting bad as well as the truck bed, and the 2 front shocks have gone. So now I have to learn welding to repair the frame and bed. Going to remove the bed liner today and see what I am dealing with exactly, then need to get some strong friends to lift the box of the truck so I can get to the frame easily :unamused:

4 Likes

Damn @Shadey that’s savage! Glad you’re doing better now. Last time I lost weight like that was in my early 20’s, was taking some Clen and Tren, crazy times. Thank God I stopped that stuff lol. Never had side effects till I took Tren, then I had em all :laughing: Luckily I was able to get ahold of some hcg to correct things.

Sorry @TrevorLahey for derailing the thread a bit, hope you’re not mad, lol :grin: I gotta say that auto sifter is one of the best ideas I’ve seen this year! Now I know what to do with all my buckets of leftover shake and trim!!

2 Likes

All good guys, nothing but good vibes in here, I’m being forced to make some dietary changes as well and its good to see info about what everyone else is doing to be proactive in their health!

And damn @Shadey sounds like you got a lot on your plate. Don’t forget to take a break to recharge from time to time as it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Great to stay busy though!!

5 Likes

I have to take breaks otherwise the pain climbs to high and forces me to stop.

I have been checking out this doc on Youtube, he is an excellent teacher of biology and makes things so easy to understand with diets, he gives pros and cons for all types, and realizes we are all different in how our bodies work, so he gives you the tools to work out whats best for you as well as food types and exercise, and how they affect us.

Hers a link to one of his vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zjLsnHDPo

2 Likes

Mmmmmmmm, DECENT!!! I love that show man, I was so sad when John Dunsworth passed, he was brilliant! I thought he was actually drunk during the filming before I found out he didn’t even drink. Plants look amazing there! Keep the pictures coming I love this thread

Oh, and plants :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

20210604_200437

8 Likes

Been a week so I figured I’d drop an update.

This SP250 tent is a mess, I’ve done as much as I can to keep things in check. Having some issues with leaves near the top of the plant burning up, specifically leaf margins seem to develop necrosis before the rest of the leaf turns yellow, spotted and dies. When I noticed these issues starting a bit over a week ago, I checked the runoff which was way too high (2.4EC) so I did a flush and brought it back down to 1.5EC. The issues havent seem to have gone away, and have progressed. The runoff is back to normal levels for the last 4 or 5 days so I’m just not sure. Good thing is the left side plants only have a week or two left and the right side plants 2-3 weeks.

Over in the Bridgelux tent, the seedlings have been switched to auto watering and are loving the warmer summer temps in the basement.

14 Likes

It almost looks like the plant got shocked from extreme nutrient overdose.

1 Like

2 weeks later, all but the Lemon Pies have been harvested in the SP250 tent. Not really happy with this harvest, lots of larf because I kinda overfilled the tent with plants and couldn’t get ahead with the training.

Pretty much a whole lot of this:

Looks like the Lemon pies should have some nice dense popcorn style sativa buds on them. Will chop them in a couple of days.

So I wanted to make sure same thing didn’t happen over in the bridgelux tent…

Before

After

Also, I tried my hand at making some live rosin. I put some fresh trim into my tumbler, then into my deep freezer overnight.

Next morning:

Pressed at 165F with fairly medium pressure for 3 minutes.

I don’t know what I was expecting. I’ve never tried live rosin before. I thought it would come out all creamy-like and light colored like I’ve seen in pics. What was for sure though, was that it was full of smells and flavors that aren’t there when I press dried material.

16 Likes

which micron size rosin bag did you use?

2 Likes

37 micron, this time I double bagged it in a 72 micron bag, but still had a blowout on the second press. Too much pressure. First press was still great. I got some more hash to press later today, perhaps will try it with less pressure, less heat and more time?

5 Likes

One problem I have with pressing kief is it has all the particles in it that are less than 25 microns. If you could get rid of those, then press the result, not as much will make it through the bags. Of course that is a lot more work. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read a bit about static-tech with a balloon, which sounds tedious but effective. I’m pretty happy with the end result I got either way, definitely more lively than pressing kief made from dried product.

How long do you press for? I’ve read with hash and kief to do 3+ minutes, but I’ve noticed when the rosin sits on the plates for a few minutes it gets darker. Tried directional folds, but it definitely affects my yield.

4 Likes

Yeah, 2-3 minute presses with hash. I go a bit longer with flower. I prefer a directional fold with my first press. Often I’ll fold a bag in half and press it a second time for more of a food grade rosin.

2 Likes

Can you press kief and buds together and put the kief in center to act as sort of filter for the kief?

2 Likes