TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2021

Your rocking those tents man, getting dialed into the zone, great job :+1:

5 Likes

Two very large, very heavy boxes arrived here today with suspiciously wrapped white powder inside…

What’s in the box? It’s ~80lbs of MegaCrop 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0.

I bought it from community member @AquaTerra at GardenTech.ca.

Check out this sweet deal where he’s offering equal parts of Part B for FREE!!

That’s about the best deal I’ve seen for a 5-12-26 nutrient. This stuff is not the same product as the one-part MegaCrop 9-6-17 that I and many others have used and had issues with in the past, rather it’s a practical clone of Jack’s 321, with additional silica, magnesium and amino acids, that can be used with the exact same dosages, or even without the epsom salts entirely.

I actually tested this product for 1.5 runs last summer/fall and had arguably my best results of any nutrient regimen I’ve used to date, which is why I didnt think twice when I saw the deal come up.

I was so stoked about the deal that I forgot to add some MKP for bloom boost, sodium thiosulfate for an upcoming project, and a few other dry nutrients that are all available on the shop. Looks like I’ll be making another order soon lol

Great service and prompt shipping, I can’t say enough good things, so if you’re a Canadian OG user consider checking out GardenTech.ca for your nutrients and growing needs.

So now that I have all this stuff, I’m wondering how long a stock solution would stay good for if I made up some liquid bottles of A and B from the dry nutrients. I’d want to figure out the ratios that would allow me to use like 20ml of A and 20ml of B per gallon to keep it simple. Can it even be done?

@lefthandseeds mentioned Magnesium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate and Ammonium Sulfate as potential additives/substitutes to improve veg and flower performance in coco. I haven’t been able to source them here in Canada though, so we are going with this.

10 Likes

I went with him to get my Jack’s line up, he didn’t have the Jack’s TAP, and went out and got it for me. He even let me get kg’s of all 4 and put them all in 1 kg bags. He went up and beyond for me.
Will definitely be shopping there again.

3 Likes

Oohhww I thought you were going to say it was 80 lbs of cocaine :drooling_face:

Sounds like you got a great deal, he takes amazing pictures of scenery as well.

There is a thread called post your pics of local places or something like that on here. He has some very pro shots in BC.

3 Likes

Mag nitrate is one of my favorite 5-12-26 supplements. After that, I think phosphorous boosting in the first 1-2 weeks of flower is the next best. There’s many inexpensive formulas for that fertilome 9-58-8, br-61, plain MAP/MKP in approximately 3 or 4:1, grow more Hawaiian bloom. Then adding plain MKP and/or potassium sulfate in late flower also can have value.

Those are where I’m focusing my tweaks now.

1 Like

I just can’t seem to find a source for the Mag Nitrate, maybe I’ll see if @AquaTerra has access to it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I got some from Amazon and I know custom hydro nutrients carries it.

2 Likes

Not in Canada it seems, everything is hard to get here.

4 Likes

For some reason they think we are going to brew bombs out of it. Gimme a break. Who the hell is making fertilizer bombs in Canada? Puhleeze

4 Likes

Should stay good in bottles just like regular store bought nutes. Idk if the organics in the megacrop would make it go bad quicker. Cal- nit good for a long time in a solution.

3 Likes

I bought a bag a Mag Nitrate some time ago but never added to the site.

I really need to revamp the site and probably going to mostly stock DIY stuff and a couple brand new nutrients like Gaia Green as I rarely sell any nutrients besides the jacks, MC and the raw salts.

7 Likes

So yesterday when I woke up and checked the plants I saw this:

Three plants were all droopy and sad and their pots were super heavy and saturated. This is not the first time this happened. My usual fix for this problem is to stick a towel under the pot to wick out the water. It would still take a week or so to see improvements and has caused some pretty big setbacks in previous grows.

This time I realized something, the reservoir went dry ~24hrs before I discovered this issue. I let it run out because I was waiting for my new nutrients to arrive in the mail. But the pot was still super heavy, even saturated.

Low O2 in the root zone, maybe???

Well the worst that could happen is I kill 3 plants.

So yesterday I mixed up a new reservoir with the new MC 2 part that had just arrived, and turned the watering frequency up to 4 times a day, and crossed my fingers.

Today:

Just look back at pretty much any of my threads/runs and you’ll see that this has been a recurring problem for so long, and I always mistreated it as an over watering issue. So many setbacks and time lost, when all I needed was to counterintuitively water it more

Wow…

11 Likes

The plant on the right hand side looks like it took some kind of shock. Tip of the leaf seems kind of crisped?

2 Likes

Yep, that damage I’m assuming came from the same issue that caused the other one to drop.

In comparing the above two pics, there was definitely an improvement in color overnight, so hopefully things are back to normal.

3 Likes

Gonna ask here before I make a thread. Does anyone have any links or resources for a really cheap DIY rosin press? I already have the shop press kit just need the plates and heater. I might even be able to source the aluminum plates and machine them myself.I might even be able to source the aluminum plates and machine them myself. I just think $400cad for just a set of plates and heater is way too much, there has to be a cheaper way that’s better than repurposed hair straighteners.

2 Likes

I think I saw Reikox a while ago made some plates up, there is definitely a thread about making them here somewhere.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Perfect! Now realizing I’ve read that before I just smoke alot so bain damage.

Here’s what I found on Amazon.ca:

So I need a set of plates. I live right down the road from a large custom machining shop and they cut custom lengths of just about anything so I’ll call tomorrow and see what they have for aluminum bar stock. 2.5"x2.5" or should I go bigger/wider? I have a large H frame and a few different jacks, even a couple hydraulic ones.

And of course I have a full garage of metalworking tools so I can make up all the brackets and welding work from what I have on hand. I see you can make a “cage” with springs and stuff, will have to look into that.

2 Likes

I had to dig deep in the bookmarks for that lol. A lot of stuff that seemed important at the time I just don’t need. Damn stoner brain.

2 Likes

Appreciate it!

1 Like