Tropicana Poison XL auto, selfing and ¿F2/R2? seed run

First STS treatment applied

(A) 1.7g silver nitrate ==>100ml distilled water
(B) 1.6g sodium thiosulfate Pentahydrate ==> 100ml distilled water

Mix “A” into “B” at a 1:4 ratio in a light proof spray bottle

6 Likes

Get protrction for the rest of the plant a Hefty bag works well as a plant condom.

Isolate the branch(es) to be treated by GENTLY manipulating the rest of the plant into the bag.

Protect the soil surface with a paper towel and spray all exposed bud sites with a fine mist until well covered and dripping. Mark your treated branches somehow, I use a small bit of pipe cleaner, and re-treat in 4 days

Get her a fan to help drying and DO NOT put her back under the lights till she is dry. STS will burn your plants under intense lighting.

7 Likes

Forgot her mugshot

blue lines are 12 inches apart

7 Likes

U just sprayed? Not doing an injection? Looking good​:exploding_head: hope there’s viable pollen :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No, no needles. I’ve never used injection, I don’t have, nor do I want, a bunch of syringes around and I’ve not studied or seen enough proof to make it a viable option, to me.

I’m not saying it isn’t a viable method, I’m just not comfortable with it

6 Likes

Same here I was reading about it and figured I’d ask if u tried it guess that would also matter if the stem was hollow or solid but like I said I haven’t tried that method yet

2 Likes

I believe @Ace71975 tried the injection method, but things went south for one reason or another and was unsuccessful. And that’s enough for me to stick with my previously successful techniques, especially when I’m working with someone else’s beans.

5 Likes

ha, i harvested my Tropicanna Poison XL when you planted yours :stuck_out_tongue:

only 1ounce on 3gal, but also just 64 days total, and oh so frosty, soooo frosty…
aroma turned out really nice skittles like after ~2weeks in a jar.

yours look a bit larger tbh XD
good luck!!

just a teaser :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yep mine went south but that was on me, I overdid it, and instead of one injection I did 3, and I killed the plant. Lesson Learned.

2 Likes

I’m in ~6gal of coco and I’m hoping for an oz of just seed.
And if you’ll notice @Ace71975 there are 2 branches being treated.

3 Likes

I also moved the girls into the 5x5 to give them some space

Our star is still center front

6 Likes

Thank you brother, I really appricate you doin two branches for the extra pollen, I have some AWESOME tropicana Crosses in mind that I for sure will be hookin you up with seed on!

1 Like

Nice! They are looking good!

1 Like

Awesome stuff

2 Likes

thats quite a pile of seeds you wanna make, nice!
i guess youll have a nicer yield than mine, she was a bit on the low end i believe.

but i pollinated the two bottom branches with a Critical Neville Haze boy and got me 30 or so regulars proud.
not exactly an ounce but hey.

STS is heavily regulated here and CS looks and sounds so terrifying lol.

4 Likes

My last seed run got me about 3000 of the preservation strain and around 1000 of a cross and the run before that netted me around 9800 beans across 1 self and 2 crosses. So yah I’m hoping for big numbers again.

7 Likes

Crazy how many a plant can put out! I added sts pollen to one of mine last night :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I believe we are 41 days old today And she got her second STS treatment. I don’t know if it is noticeable in the pics but there is already a different growth pattern coming out. The pistils are shorter and more spread out.

Had to get her a bigger bag

8 Likes

I keep forgetting the group shot

10 Likes

They are looking sooo good brother! Cant wait!

3 Likes