Troubleshooting help?

I have a bunch of seedlings going, all doing pretty well, EXCEPT for these guys.
I have 6 of these that I started, and every one of them looks like this one:

I don’t think it’s light, because the rest of the seedlings look good…so I’m leaning towards nutes…but too much?..or not enough?

TIA

2 Likes

First, any idea what your water’s PH is?
It sure looks like nutes but that’s also what PH issues look like (because when it is off it locks out certain elements from uptake).

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Yellow new growth. Looks like an iron issue. Like @Gpaw said check your ph.
If iron gets locked out it stops the uptake of other elements that are important.

3 Likes

The best guy to ask is George!

Hey @George you always have great advice, what’s your opinion?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I second that. Where is @George the tree hugging plant doctor??

2 Likes

Looks like a potassium deficiency

I would check ph since your only in veg. But it may also be a root issue. That yellowing on top looks like zinc def.

Pull her out and give her new shoes, if the roots aren’t rotting.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good advice, looks a root problem (soil too dump?), plant is not having a good nutes intake, could be a nutrient lockout (possible nutrient burn looking those burnt tips and scorched borders) or root rot as it has been pointed.

I would transplant it and look at those roots as it’s been said, let the soil dry and if the new growth comes healthy, trim all those scorched leaves so the plant can focus in that new growth, no reason to spend energies trying to mantain those leaves that won’t recover , beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

i wouldn’t think it’s a ph issue unless you give everything else different water. is it possible that some are more sensitive to the ph than others?

New shoes…

We’ll see how they do now.

4 Likes