tZ sifts the genepools

PCK: micro open pollination cycle - Flowering 12/12
As briefly mentioned prior, this will be a small test cycle with the three main intentions in mind:

• Running an open pollination, using all 12 males and females from PCK
  • Making use of bulked pollen from all PCK males to pollinate several of my keeper cuts from previous cycle
  • Yield some unpollinated PCK flower in order to get a glimpse of how the females score

This micro setup has the following metrics: 0.9x0.6x0.98m
I’m running a dimmed 150w led pannel and using organic living soil (base recipe), mostly water only.

I’ve repotted the PCK a week ago to 2L pots, and when I’m able to sex them the males will get a room of their own and the females will be repotted to 6L.

The small cuts on smaller pots (1L) are most of my favorite females from previous cycles. As for varieties, we have several A5S1, La Bomba, Runtz Ghost Train, Thai Chi, and so on. Full list can be found here.

I’ve rushed them from their domed jiffies to pots as soon as little roots appeared. A few PCK females overreacted to this abrupt change and developed abnormal leaves. None of the original mother plants display these aberrations (here), it was a stress triggered response. Sensitive, are we?

D2

D15

D75 - Harvest

#1 Forest fruit, cedar oil, menthol, budspray and naphthalene. Complex, intense, the smell bomb

#2 Sour gas, red fruitish, pungent, less complex

#6 Green apple, fresh and crisp. Interesting green pheno, with quirky structure, resemblant of modern ‘exotic’ lines. First time I’ve ran into this type of aroma makeup. Dissimilar to all others.

#8 More subtle similar to others more gummish. Greasy wet to touch

#9 Sour astringent, similar to #2

#10 Similar to #1. Brilliant aroma, intense and complex. Beautiful.

#11 Spicier, more herbal medicinal

Overall it was a successful micro effort of a cycle. Should yield plenty of seeds for cold storage. Soon a cycle of ‘sensi’ will follow and the best will be kept around.
Thanks for checking around!

1 Like