Uncle_Al's second germination

Still about 32 seedlings now from first and second batch, the "Dank mix " seedlings are all about control here they have outgrown the others so far even the second batch are bigger than some first batch of the other strains. Lots of promise there.

2 Likes

Let’s look in on the little stinkers,shall we?

I taped some spare mylar to the luminaire making a reflective skirt

1 Like

Four northern lights as promised

This one is straggling I had to pull the seed coat off manually
Next watering they get a very light feeding, a Snickel snack, a little nosh if you prefer

4 Likes

Those of you participating in the 16oz. Cup challenge better be on your game,cause mine is Good! No I will not cheat using these I will beat you fair and often.

4 Likes

Careful your ego is showin’!

4 Likes

As long as all I show is my ego and not my ass

4 Likes

I thought everyone was going to germ there beans on the same day??

3 Likes

That’s right Sunday is the start. I haven’t popped mine yet, these have been in progress for a few weeks now

3 Likes

Looking nice any happy! I’ve been having terrible germ rates as of late so I hope some of your good juju rubs off

3 Likes

@Swampthing have you tried using gibberellic acid to increase germination rates on old seeds?

https://youtu.be/tehCb0Zbi1M

4 Likes

Hopefully nobody started b4 the hour, cos’ i know the mod running the contest and he’s fair but strict. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Dude, can you imagine the precision it must have taken to remove half of the seed coat without damaging the guts? It’d take me forever!

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy to get a crack out of a seed between your finger tips and if you’re gentle they survive quite well

Here’s a look at what’s going on with my Non competition germination

I needed more light on the table so I have broken out my Glowatron, a expandable 6 bulb fluorescent luminaire. I don’t call it the Glowatron because it’s a light but rather to mock
Hartford county Ct. Assistant D.A. Glowa a man who was an asshole on legs, he worked in misdemeanor court and treated every charge like a murder1, he died of cancer, it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving jerk.

3 Likes

The Glowatron from the top

Power cords for Glowatron

The timer actuates a magnetic contactor that takes the power of the inrush starting current, it only pulls about two amps while running, and four amps starting, so the contactor is probably not needed, but I have room to add more lights

I also don’t have to worry about a timer catching fire while I’m not there. The contactor extends the life of the timer.

2 Likes

The contactor and amp clamp meter

I sure like the added safety I get and with the safety comes peace of mind

1 Like

I let them get too dry and picked up some yellow on some

lower leaves

3 Likes

I got two timers hooked up to a battery UPS (1050 Kilo joules capacity), the battery itself has another power surge protector that acts as a buffer before giving power to the battery, then out of one timer i got one 200W COB lamp and a 6 inch fan for heat extraction on the little tent, the other timer gives power to a another surge protector from which the 600W COB feeds. I hope this would be enough. Do you think so Mr. Electrician?

2 Likes

The 200 watt light should pull under 2 amps current, the timer has a rating listed on the back like this

Or this
So the one timer will take twice the current of the other.
Just look over the ratings for general knowledge. But the lights ok on that timer at 2 amps draw the starting inrush current will be momentarily higher maybe twice of the run current.

2 Likes

The joules rating refers to how much transient spike the protection will take, the battery backup is unusual in a grow it should keep the LEDs on about 1 or 2 hours when the power goes out if the battery holds a charge. the battery typically needs replacing after 3 years.

2 Likes