Underrated strains

King Louis is some super dank smoke I use to get some live rosin of it often many years ago at a dispo agreed @api312

4 Likes

Hops Latent Viroid. Took in an infected cut and spread it to all my mother plants unknowingly.

Not doing anything new really. Working on my JLo line. It was originally a Lowryder2 cross that Iā€™ve taken to fully autoflowering.

4 Likes

Was that a dispo cut or from a friend kinda situation? Ive for literally 2 potential seedlings. (maybe take cuts of the 4 f&d JR if they donā€™t look great) to reverse for an f3. Am I right in thinking I should outcross next. Not sure a fully IBL of fems is a great move. This probably isnā€™t the best place for this convo either so any pointers to good reading thatā€™ll help me understand would be awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

I found 2 of the original JR seeds you sent me to make the fems with bro. Iā€™ll post them back down to you. You never know you may get a nice male from the 2 seeds.

4 Likes

Stop it bro :green_heart: thatā€™s probably the best news Iā€™ve heard. Felt like I was clutching at straws trying to revive the project. This has kinda given me hope. Donā€™t know how I ended up back on JR when I didnā€™t have any means to them when I started :thinking:

2 Likes

Itā€™s 100% them as I bagged them up soon as I received them and wrote JR on the bag

1 Like

Itā€™s looking like my closet isnā€™t colas anymore :100::rainbow:

1 Like

4 Likes

Go on bro. Send them. Do I do the next run a fem run and outcross then backcross if we can get a male?

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a bit beyond my capabilities bro so best ask @ReikoX. Personally Iā€™d take a clone from a nice looking girl and if you get a male from these two seeds hit the clone with the male.
Me preferring fems though once Iā€™d made the female seeds Iā€™d no longer use a male and just keep selfing each plant.

2 Likes

ā€œCough! Cough!ā€ I distributed a lot of them to members that were around when they were being bred so your welcome before you even thank me :rofl:
When I sent them out though a didnā€™t really bother keeping the 2 phenos separate. I just bundled the seeds together. Gave the bag a shake to mix them up and sent random amounts out to people. Youā€™d be surprised at how many is actually out there :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean I know how they ended up out there bro. And thankyou :sweat_smile: I just donā€™t know how they made their way back just as I start a new space up :thinking: in all honesty I was happy with both phenos so doesnā€™t matter too much but letā€™s hope for the shorty eh. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I believe Mandala Seeds as a whole are very underrated but as far as strains Itā€™s hard to.sayā€¦their Genesh, Hashberry and Satori all exceptional I think the low price tag scares people away.

But I think my favorite has to be Genesh a nice fat indica, loaded with resin but has a bit of a sativa edgeā€¦All the strains and phenos weā€™ve grown were extremely vigorous and potent. Downside is theyā€™re in Spain.

4 Likes

Never grown Mandalas gear, all seeds ive tried have never germed :slightly_frowning_face: So i stopped tryingā€¦ Might give satori and genes another shot!

1 Like

Damn! Sorry to hear that man! Never had one not germinate. The seeds were always huge and fully developed. Some did look as though they needed some scarification because they were so thickā€¦ but itā€™s been a few years since weā€™ve tried them.

2 Likes

Might been the seedbank, i think i brought the packs at seed city. I dont trust they treatment of bean.

2 Likes

I dont see Cornbread mentioned much. Never grown it, but I have tried it a couple times and think very highly of it.

4 Likes

something must have happened to those. never heard of that with their stuff. Iā€™ve cracked some that were three+ years old, all very eager. :man_shrugging:

same.

3 Likes

I feel like for me itā€™s anything not derived from cookies :grinning:

3 Likes

Romulan grapefeuit is known as a vape pen strain but i love the flower. Its easy to grow, clone, revegg or make grapefruit crosses with othersā€¦and i just discovered it makes killer hash.
I attempted.many times to reverse it and found the only ways was to let it go past floweringā€¦all.amber tricomesā€¦ and keep it on flowering light schedule and it eventually made a male pollen sack on ONE branch and i got one seed from that rodelized plant. I never had it hermie any other time.

4 Likes