Underrated strains

Yeah, its one of my favorite Indica strains to breed with. It always give harder nugs and more RESIN to strains. C99 x Black Domina is one of the best crosses ive ever made. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

I’m going with any strain in the 11-13% THC range. At this point in time underrated just because of the industry so THC focused to the exclusion of everything else. I love focusing on the experience and getting away from the testing, that’s something homegrowers have the luxury of pursuing. Labels don’t matter too much on the mason jar, just which jar empties the fastest

16 Likes

When you can stop focusing on potency and yield amazing possibilities present themselves.

15 Likes

the thc advertisements are bs anyways imo. the high is the interaction of all the cannabinoids, terpenes and whatever else is present. you can get a stronger and more pleasant effect from an 14% THC strain than with a 28% THC strain.

perosnally i find those high thc strains not so good for smoking since it makes me just dull and locked. but to each their own i guess

8 Likes

yeah, that sounds nice for sure. got any pics?

3 Likes

Yeah i agree. Its like Beldia Kif, flower is under 10% thc, a very “weak” strain. But its still racey and gives ton of creativity. Never met a single person who havnt enjoyed it. I would be temped to say that its top 5 strain for social occasions. Matter of fact, i grew this one for a patient who had social anxiety, She had so much that it really crippled her. Indica based strains gave her more anxiety. She couldnt work or get food. But with Beldia Kif in her life, She could work and go out and meet people. I helped her to grow her own medicin. I hope shes ok today.

10 Likes

that sounds awesome. have you made another generation or did you cross it with something?

2 Likes

No, sorry. :sob: I dont have a single photo on my old operation because of the illegality here in Sweden. But i got the new grimm C99 seeds and I got a couple of my old Black Domina seeds left. So im thinking of recreating it :blush::v:t2:

Edit: I called the strain Svarta Sara, its Black Sarah in English. Svarta Sara was a house maid in the late 1800s here in Sweden and was the only black person in the town where she lived. In Sweden at that time people had never seen other then pale blond people so she became a national celebrity. Its facinating how dumb people where. Pretty racist also :thinking:

8 Likes

Considering how very subjective our perception of what constitutes a preferable variety of flower is, and it even being difficult to specify any universally acclaimed best strain, let alone an underrated gem, I will mention the strains that I have found to be underrated.

Mandala is probably my favorite Breeder, and I think that many of their strains are frequently overlooked. Hashberry, Satori, Far Out are among my all time favorites. In fact, every strain that I have grown from Mandala has been worthwhile (except for Point of No Return, which had fantastic flavor, but was a little weak on potency).

Wappa by Paradise seeds I have grown a few times, and thoroughly enjoyed, and I rarely see it mentioned by anyone.

Also, I have always liked A-11 more than C-99, so, to me, A-11 is underrated.

16 Likes

I’ve heard far out is really nice I’ve never had the opportunity to grow anything of his. A 11 ? Grew a few c99 over the years along with Santa Maria , c 88 , princess some much better than others.

7 Likes

Sounds like I really need to get some Mandala seeds going for sure

4 Likes

I think A-11 is Apollo 11, a sister to Apollo 13 :blush::v:t2:

5 Likes

Barney’s amnesia lemon has really stood out for me, according to Charles Scott (reeferman) it’s actually his love potion strain, found 2 plants that smell like cream soda from the 3 seeds I did, no sign of any lemon scent and the high is different from the super lemon haze and delahaze plants I grew at the same time, lemon skunk seems to dominate those crosses.

4 Likes

Yeah, it could be his love potion, because Amnesia Haze is very lemony, i think ive read that the terp profile on Amnesia Haze is pure limonene, im not sure though. A strain like that to a Lemon Skunk should give atleast some hard lemon phenos… But then again, its maybe something you have to dig for in F2. To my recollection, i dont remember Love Potion #1 smell like cream soda, it was more hashy, piney, funky. Almost abit skunky…

3 Likes

The one plant had almost no smell and taste but gave a great high and had more of the same structure I saw in the haze leaning phenos from the super lemon haze and delahaze, the one smells to me alot like a herbal cream soda and the other only slightly cream soda with a more skunky funk type smell mixed in. I’ve kept the one that smells like the herbal cream soda as she is a great producer and I’m trying 3 more seeds now.

Really impressed with this strain and I think it’s often overlooked by experienced growers as it’s from Barney’s, going to try some of the other strains Charles said was his that Barney’s still carry, it’s quite a long list.

3 Likes

Sound dope man. Ive never grown a single bean from Barneys actually. I have some old freebees from them laying around. Might have to give them a shot!

3 Likes

I did a few shishkaberry plants and they do smell like the shishka of old but they were all harsh to smoke and the high doesn’t really stand out, also did 2 Acapulco gold’s which is supposed to be reefermans apple pie, they were alright effects wise but very much a cat piss, skunky type smell and taste, you can definitely see the Nepali influence in the growth structure but apparently the more sativa leaning plants can be excellent. Going to cross the amnesia lemon to a temple mountain male that I like and see what comes of it.

5 Likes

I second Sannie. First seeds I bought a long time ago were from Sannie. Sent funds in the mail and waited months for them. Herijuana is very good indica.

7 Likes

I have to second the Wappa. I grew some in a microgrow last year and was sooo impressed with the terps. Strawberry aroma, absolutely delicious in the vaporizer, very balanced buzz (not too energetic, not too stoney), really intense frosting. Highly recommended.

6 Likes