Understanding Cannabis Tolerance Breaks

I just took a 10 hour break it took for ever :rofl:

11 Likes

Trunk makes more sense and, of course, you don’t have to open your trunk if the man asks you to. You have to be arrested for them to do that, at least in NY. The cops know that but they convince mostly young people that they will go easier on them if they cooperate, which they don’t. I see cops looking through trunks on the NYS Thruway fairly frequently. My kids know the tricksy police games. They know never to admit to anything and always refrain from speaking until your lawyer arrives. And be polite but forceful saying it’s your constitutional right not to let them look in your trunk. I have enjoyed doing that even though there was nothing in my trunk.

2 Likes

And what does that do?

2 Likes

You might be able to talk yourself out of taking the rap but you’ll never talk yourself out of taking the ride.

It drives me nuts when people admit guilt and try to explain. It’s so stupid.

I remember we used to drive around smoking joints in the car. Talk about risk for no reward.

4 Likes

I’ve been lucky. I’ve talked my way out of several tight spots. But, I’m sure it was luck. It could have went either way.

2 Likes

Early afternoon here and I’m over the hump. My normal time to hit the “GrouchyOne” vaporizer ™* has come and gone and with it went the urge to toke up.

Saintly Spouse is acting all Saintly again, the sun is showering golden goodness on my back porch, the whitecaps on Buzzards Bay seem to have a beneficent rhythm and all seems right with the world.

All of that is, of course, purely subjective but it feels real and as I read through the conversation this thread has produced I feel at peace.

• Thanks to @Shadey we’ve had a glimpse of how someone manages a serious medical problem and uses cannabis wisely and effectively to help manage pain.
  • Thanks to @PilgrimProgress we know that working on Big Diesel engines sucks, and lots of other interesting things.
  • Thanks to @Motaco we know that Vivid Dreaming isn’t always pleasant!
    -Thanks to @Mestizo for explaining Aspergilosis, never heard of that before.
  • Thanks to @Foreigner, we learned to never admit to anything!
  • Thanks to @ReikoX I dug into my wife’s vitaming stash and popped a couple of fish oil caps to boost my ebdocannabinoids.
  • Thanks to @catapult I know I’m not the only one bent on optimizing rather than minimizing my use of this herbal gift.
  • Thanks to @Papalag for a nice chuckle, gave me a laugh when I needed one.
  • And, a special thanks to @anon98660487 for dangling his tasty treats in front of people doing a Tolerance Break! I like your style man. :rofl:

So it’s all good. Be well Friends. :v: :green_heart:

PS, FYI, GrouchyOne Vaporizer

11 Likes

There’s always a fork in the road :rofl: that’s called temptation just walk pass it,

3 Likes

More and more I read post about strange effects after handling weed. On different forums, people are discussing allergy type symptoms from being around the bud. Itchy skin, rashes, sweats. In my case, hyperventilating. Sometimes i get faint after entering my grow area. In fact I would tell my wife to come check on me to make sure I was ok. I think I’m hypersensitive to the oils of the plants. Just like others, my skin itches when I reach between plants. But other times, i would be sweating, my heart beating frantically. Something in my grow are is triggering a stress response in me, but I don’t know what it is

4 Likes

I really need to take a break but i my be dangerous towards man and beast !

I’ve been smoking for over 50 years only break was the Reagan administration just say no really killed the area

Hell I even went to Jamaica for 2 weeks during his administration just to smoke lol

7 Likes

It’s a bit counter intuitive because I believe in life one should admit and own their mistakes. But the cops are out to get you.

Nice idea on the stream of consciousness.

4 Likes

Well honestly the endocannabinoid system is fascinating to me, but I don’t know all that much about it. I’d like to know more. Here is a quick intro from wiki…

2 Likes

Yeah, the never admit to anything remark was only in reference to police. Being straight up and honest in life is a different issue altogether. Having integrity and living within certain values is my creed. It hasn’t always been helpful in our competitive system but I can look at myself in the mirror knowing that I have tried to move humanity further towards civilized behavior. Are we in this all together or is it every man or woman for him or herself? I like to think we can be nice to each other, what’s so difficult about that? America has become even more unfriendly than it was when I was young. I remember hitchhiking across the country in the 60’s and 70’s. We were long haired hippies (long hair meant something then) and the cars that passed us on the road would have the young people flashing us the peace sign out the back window as they drove by. The parents hated us (any body over 30 hated hippies?) but the kids thought the hippies were cool. I always felt hopeful that when the kids grew up, the world would move in our direction. You know, towards peace and love. I’m still hopeful that the young people will rise to the occasion. And as far as I can tell, extinction is the occasion now. Maybe I’m spending too much time studying our present situation and paying attention to what is going on?

3 Likes

Whoa, I’m glad you’re over the hump. It’s harder than I thought it would be. It’s 6 pm, time to eat. Not hungry but I’ll eat something. Think I’ll go to sleep early tonight. I don’t usually have trouble sleeping but I do get up to pee way more often than I like. Tomorrow’s another day. I think I’ll stay busy and do enough physical activity to sleep tomorrow night.

3 Likes

Super glad i found this thread. I find myself taking extended canna breaks quite often. Being a middle aged, first time business owner with a 4 year old and a newborn baby, i’ve got a ton of shit and stress on my plate. I feel guilty and kind of feel myself slacking off my responsibilities if im consuming on a daily basis. At this time in my life i cant really afford to feel like im in a constant haze so its defiantly good to take a break. Usually i’ll take anywhere from 1-3 month break and it makes that first puff after waiting that long feel and taste that much better!!

4 Likes

Thanks for hangin in on this @PilgrimProgress! You’ve added value here.

I have found this T-break easier and easier as the day progressed. It’s night now and the lovely scent of dinner is filling the house. I have indulged in a Cabernet / Shiraz blend wine that may be worse for me than cannabis, but prolly not by much. I find that vintners and cannabis growers share many of the same concerns and desired outcomes. It would be great if we achieved the same level of control.

All in all, my report it that a day off is no big deal and even useful in gaining a perspective as to how I can best incorporate this herbal medicine into my life.

The Endocannabinoid system mentioned above might have noted that those CB1 & CB2 synapses, are the most prevalent receptors in our bodies! That is something worth thinking about. We produce endogenous cannabinoids naturally and when we consume cannabis the THC excites the same systems. In other words, our bodies are designed to utilize the same chemistry as our plants produce.

Dinner is ready, G’nite all.

4 Likes

You’re already gone but I thought I’d add one last thing. It has gotten easier now that it’s nighttime. I did have a glass of Pino Noir with dinner, oh, that’s why it got easier.

2 Likes

Hey, us older folks have all been there. I had a job with random piss tests for drugs so I couldn’t take a chance and risk losing my job. I would still partake occasionally, especially when the tests were over for the year. I ended up with an educator job for the last 18 years. That was after my kids went off to college and I failed my piss test which helped give me the motivation to change my career choice. When my new boss hired me, he told me not to worry about piss tests ever again. He was a friend and a stoner. What a relief that was. I’m thankful I failed that test.

4 Likes

This is interesting to me I can’t remember the last time I had a dream but I think that started before I ever smoked cannabis.

3 Likes

I like heavy full bodied french reds, unfortunately since we emigrated to Canada I cant afford them lol.

Cant beat a good Cote de rhone or anything from the Rhone Valley is nice, one I have never seen here is Veraquas I loved that, it was only about $22 in the UK.

I do like a nice Italian Borrolo, there was a wonderful wine we used to get in Vieve in Switzerland on lake Geneva, can’t remember atm what its called, you could get it for about 3$ a bottle, foynd some here last year and it was $42 lol.

I make my own wine, beer and spirits now much cheaper.

4 Likes

Its funny how we fear change in life only to find it can be very beneficial. Do you think unconsciously you deliberately failed the test because you felt it an unnecessary detriment to your lifestyle.

I think sometimes our higher selves will operate to improve our lives when we get stuck in a negative situation and refuse to address it.

4 Likes