Upstate new York grows

I’ve been having some success with fast photos. I’ve also had some success with the sativa indica type cross that you mentioned.
It’s honestly just coming down to sifting through stuff to see what works.
I’d also check out @CopaGenetics
I’m growing in Delaware county

6 Likes

I was looking around and speakeasy seed bank has bulk 100 packs for 100 bucks. I picked up the lemon x ogk. They’ve got a handful of strains in the bulk section

2 Likes

I used to live in Stamford. Tough climate for sure. Pakistani genetics are much more immune to cold and wet conditions than their western counterpart, Afghani. Anything with PCK ( chitral) in it will perform well. Ace has a couple offerings. N European genetics do well. Best genetics to grow in NY are of course old NY strains. Durban Afghan crosses are a cornerstone of NY’s genetics…probably spawning sour D.
A hint when buying seeds that will finish here is to make sure your latitude is the same as where the seeds are from, or the finishing time will be different. Per degree of latitude difference… finish time is 2-3 days earlier for strains coming from the
North, and 2-3 later for strains coming from the South. Buy Canadian strains and you can’t go wrong. I highly recommend Vancouver Island genetics due to their cold rainforest like climate and location at 50 north. Their offerings finish 2-3 weeks earlier here than in Vancouver.
Soon I can recommend Upstate Landrace and heirloom seeds😁. May be next year before I have anything fast flowering ready though. I have a few heirlooms I’ve grown here with success. One since 91, one since 98 and a third since 2001. I’ll be offering these 3 mixed with various landraces and heirlooms as I get to f3 with each of them. I haven’t grown them since 2018, and have grown only landraces these past 5 years. This summer I’m breaking them out.

9 Likes

Great insight as always. I was thinking Durban or c99 would be good for crossing.
Definitely looking forward to seeing your offering

2 Likes

iDK if this is the correct place to post this but

Anybody know of any meetups that will be in NY this year !?

I don’t have instagram nor follow anything related to such on the book so any leads would be appreciated

Deff want to try to attend something that’s actually relatable this year !
Thanks
Closer to schoharie county the better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Durban is a great one for here. I picked up c99 too prematurely, thinking I’d get to them by now. If you can make a few replacement seeds, I’ve got a pack for you. Dust a few small inner low branch buds per plant and that’s it.
@Rabeats2093 good ol’ Sc’arey county😁 sloughter Power😆

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’d love to take you up on this offer, I need to make some space for it first though

1 Like

@Emeraldgreen Just let me know. It’s the rsc c99 grown in Spain. I’ve seen pictures. It’s a good one😁

1 Like

I haven’t heard of any meetups. Cherry Valley used to have a harvest party around Halloween and recently a legal grower in Mt Vision near Oneonta ( o town) has been having one. Could be fun

3 Likes

@Upstate Ahhh mt vision I go up to Lauren’s for some decent trout fishing !

Bout 15 mins from CV would deff be cool to hear more on this meet up when the time comes around !

1 Like

Nice, Oneonta here! Laurens has great fishing that little otego creek that runs thru west O always trout in there

3 Likes

No shit !
Right there in Lauren’s by that corner store is where I caught one first time there !
I remember seeing a post on FB did some stalking and found the creek lol …The pictures we seen were Browns that flopped over a five gallon bucket …we ended up finding the bucket marks in the mud :joy::sweat_smile:That Charolette creek produces as well deff good fishing !

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does it seem like sativas grown indoors have wider leaves than ones grown outdoors? Sun plants grow wider leaves in the shade (to collect more sunlight) so it makes sense.

I’ve been working lines to withstand the climate here in western MA because we all know how difficult the end of the season can be if the plants “need 3 more weeks”.
Last 3 years of seeds I sent out to locals were all favorable yields with minimal loss to mold issues…that being said, I’m confident in releasing more of the stock I have which doesn’t go past the 2nd week of October. That’s our “might be a shitshow” cutoff around here.

2 Likes

The second week of October is still pushing it in ny and northeast in general

2 Likes