Upstate's Whatzit? Pile of seeds giveaway

@Bugsandnugs Solo cup 3 weeks / 4 inches tall or so 24 hrs on cycle.
Transplant into half gallon for 3 weeks
Into one gallon 2-3 weeks
Into 2 gallons 2-3 weeks… and then around week 7-9, you’ll go into the final container. A 3 or 5 gallon for decent yield. There should be enough flowering stretch left for rapid growth for a few more weeks…so this is a real rough guideline. If the plant has limited stretch, up pot. If its going crazy keep it contained. You can skip a pot size and if the plant really jumps in size, keep it in that container longer before the next transplant or vice versa…keep it in a small container longer and then skip a couple pot sizes for the transplant to jump it quickly up in size if needed. They are really forgiving in this way. One thing, though, and this is why I did so many transplants my first time growing a real longflower…and that is the risk of hermies. Imo many transplants will keep the plants growing, but not too fast. Those roots will reach the edge of a container in a couple days , and the above ground portion of the plant quickly follows suit, widening its canopy to its new boundaries.
This would be for a 13-16 week flowering cycle.

9 Likes

Thank you very much @Upstate for the detailed explanation. That is a an extremely different approach to transplanting than what I have practiced but it totally makes sense considering the goal I’ll bet my end of the trade is sitting at the post office and I’ll be making selections and soaking some seeds over the weekend. I am pretty excited to do something different!

4 Likes

Great info! I’m starting my first long flower grow around end of June. So using pot size to help control your stretch I side grow seems sound.

5 Likes

I recommend the garden soil portion of the equation more than anything. From nearby is best , so you’ll be inoculating your containers with local microbes that will help your plant deal with stress and pests.
I’m on my 4th year re using my soil. Each year I add some castings, compost, manure, perlite and the roots of the previous crop. Maybe I’ll throw some more bonemeal and srp( soft rock.phosphate) in there this spring. Some wood ashes that have been rained on too.
Couple years ago I added biochar.( It should be soaked in compost first)

11 Likes

I pretty sure that a standard rule of thumb if transplanting to outside don’t until about the middle of June that way you still get a month or so of veg before flower kicks in from gradual sun lessening. June 22 is the summer solstice so longest sunlight of the year then slowly starts to lessen each day.
For North America well USA and Canada :rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry can’t speak for anywhere else

4 Likes

Looking to have them grown for fun mostly, but this way I can see what a few of my creations can do without telling what they are.

2 Likes

I’m on board dude!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

This Vibes Collective Lambsbread came from Trenchtown and is the actual favorite of Bob Marley and Peter Tosh, having a direct connection to them thru a band affiliate. There are 2 Lambsbread threads atm.
This Lambsbread is a tropical sativa and needs over 20 weeks of 12 12 if flowering from seed. Harvest is in January or February. Flowering would naturally start at my location in September at 42 n

5 Likes

I’ve put plants in the ground here on May 4th. Plants were snowed on( 6 inches) during a cinco de mayo storm. They were buried, but produced a shit ton that year. Unfortunately I was busted that same year so I never got to enjoy it.
Typically , here Memorial day weekend is outdoor planting time for frost sensitive crops. Weed is tougher. Mid-End of May is good. Get them in to enjoy the spring rains before the heat comes and makes planting time stressful for the plants.
Mid July plantings are 3-4 footers at harvest.

4 Likes

Well thank you! I have yet to grow outside but almost everything Ive read or talked to others said to move your plants outside no earlier than June or can cause revegging. Glad to know that isn’t correct. Seeds I get but actual transplants I’ve been misinformed. Thanks for the correction that will probably help me in future.

3 Likes

It’s latitude dependant. We have long enough days from some time in late April on at 42 north. Use 16/8 light cycle if plants are going outdoors to prevent premature flowering.
Perhaps a pure Indica would flower by you if put out too early and this is why people are telling you June?
The climate in new york Forces some sativa genes to be in most outfoor plants or they will rot. Perhaps it’s these Sativa Genes that prevent early plantings from flowering? I don’t want to give you bad info.
In nature here, “wild” plants pop up in April sometime.
I’ve had plants autoflower briefly on me, and then they grow normally. These plants have day neutral genetics in them though.

4 Likes

Had another power outage about three weeks ago 1.5 hrs in middle of lights on 3rd this grow. So the one that looks like viet.black started throwing nanners tried plucking them for a couple days but just kept throwing them so I culled it going to regreen try outdoors as I like the terps alot here it is

13 Likes

I love the look of that plant! If she tastes great, I would keep her as well.

2 Likes

Here’s the other 3 in flower first one smelling like a steak wife says pot roast. Next leaf looks like thai maybe? Last one is hard to see but it has 4 main tops from pruneing

14 Likes

Holy shit! What a heartbreaker. Friggin outdated grid. Sorry that happened. I’d have kept picking the nanners for a week o two myself. That’s some serious fire right there. You have a Silversides Viet Black pheno there from the looks of it. Hot damn! All I can tell you is do whatever you must to harvest that 1 or you will be kicking yourself in the ass the rest of your life😁
The fuzzy bud plant is Oaxaca Manipur I think.
Wierd steak terps eh? You don’t read of that very often with Sativa. Could be an OST as well…Thai can have meat terps once in a while, from what I read. Will know soon which one it is. If it’s OST this is a different batch than the one I passed out a while back. Same Thai plant but different Oaxaca males.

3 Likes

…dang that look sweet… I cant wait to try an pop mines along with some swazie gold… Both will make for a stunning smoke… Secret santa gave me some blessings

2 Likes

Any updates?

My mouth waters looking at it. I wish i could try it myself, but I’m busy creating. You guys are the Guinea pigs. I’ll be working with this hybrid further. I’ve seen enough already. Big seed run this summer, then a round of selections.

3 Likes

Yep its probably tied for best strain I grew this winter for buzz and from a small quick dry sample of clear with little cloudy and only a couple amber on some leaves I really like it. Thank you @Upstate really enjoy growing these sativas.

4 Likes

Makes me happy to hear and that lights a fire under my ass to continue with this project. Many thanks for your help. When I’m famous, I’ll make sure all my OG helpers get credit😁lol
And seeds

6 Likes