Upstate's Whatzit? Pile of seeds giveaway

.kool. Roger that.

1 Like

@Upstate your boy had himself a growth spurt lol.They respond very well to root trimming.I took him out 3 weeks ago and I reduced the rootball by a little less than 2/3rds and repotted it back into the same soil with the sliced up roots.Just Calmag water no nutes.Still a couple pollen sacs but all on the bottom tops are pretty much all veg growth with some tiny tiny immature pollen sacs.I’ve been using a busted Camera lighting Led light I got out of thre e waste pile at work I fixed for him makes a really white light.Must really like it he’s almost ready for me to take cuttings.

5 Likes

We spoke of it already, but I’m so happy to have some of your Durban options @Upstate
Thanks again for opening those doors and have a Great Holiday

1 Like

hey @Panamajock , ¿how is it going? which pure bahia seeds are you growing?

Are you doing an open pollination of then or are you heading to get sinsemilla?

@Upstate Would it work crossing the bushy phenotype between themselves in an attempt to get closer of what the pure “cabeça de nêgo was back then?

1 Like

Hey, @Upstate, sorry I haven’t kept up with you. I’m like you, I have crosses of everything I grew for the last six years I think. I had the Malana dad pollinate stuff last year. This year those Oaxaca got hit by some Lemon Thai pollen so I have to separate them all out some day.

Those Oaxaca were pretty unique as far as terps and loud. Sort of turpentine like terps and pretty strong smoke. I had four going that started flowering only after the light hours dropped below 12 hours. I had to bring them in to finish in front of a window because I broke my leg bad, and then it got infected and I’m still on crutches.

I didn’t get to baby all of the plants during flowering like I normally would do, and harvesting them all was a comedy, doing it all alone, with a broken leg surgery and all alone on crutches. I had a lot of plants. I’ll try and get pics up and going eventually. I’m still dealing with this leg daily. Thanks for the beans, as they were both unique and fun to grow. I’d love to grow them both again and I have more seeds. Merry Christmas! peace, Gman

4 Likes

Yeah. I had that in mind myself for a breeding project and I had separated out the 14 week pheno. Unfortunately thats the pheno the landrace team got from me and are now selling. I’ll let someone else isolate that pheno now that anyone can get it and now that the real landrace version is out there I’m more interested in that one anyway. I’ve been forced into holding onto some of the genetics I’ll be working with until after I’m done with them because of this.

When I 1st grew this Oaxaca I wasn’t sure if it would be pure or not so i helped the later males donate more pollen to the genepool than the faster males, even eliminating one of the short pheno males during the first pollination. So now my line has many more " tall stretchies" than it used to wheni got it. Those are the plants that flower late and often have that turpentine/ pine/ mint thing going on. These are the best plants imo if you are a Sativa lover. They are tasty, vigorous and potent, though low yielding unless vegged a few weeks before flipping to flower. Glad you enjoyed them😁
For sure the most unique plants I have grown.

Infected?! That’s no good. Hopefully you are at or near 100% by planting time…

3 Likes

that sounds intereting, a great work trying to rescue it.
Do you mean that in this line there are phenos longer then 14 weeks?

2 Likes

No, 14 week was the longest flowering plant. If the longflowers were selected for IN Brazil outdoors the flowering time should slowly lenghthen to beyond 14 weeks but the af/pak genes will always be in there.

2 Likes

Same…lol…

Do you mean the real landrace version of ‘cabeça de nego’?

In their media they also mention a ‘brazil amazon’ line, with 11 to 14 weeks flowering. With this flowering time probably got crossed with other short flowering.

Kc brains has two lines which have brazilian heritage, the bahia black head (wich in the description they mention it is hybridize with a short flowering), and another called Brazil x kc (mango vermelho x kc 606). In the description the mention that m.v. came from paranaiba (there is a city in the ‘ms’ inner state), in my humble opinion I think it was mistaken for ‘delta do parnaiba’ (a natural protection area wich are between the northern states of ‘maranhão’ and ‘piaui’) wich would made more sense, because these areas are know for traditional cultivars.

1 Like

I think you are right. My Brazilian co workers said NE Brazil is known for cultivation.

Could be from somewhere else more recently and may even be a Sativa, but with that flowering time it couldn’t be a Brazilian landrace…maybe an heirloom or like you say, hybridized.

Yes. Both versions are here on OG. I had kc brains version via gypsy nirvana that flowered 11-14 weeks. I was asked for and gave seed from the 14 week.pheno. I’ll know soon enough if the tlt line for sure came from me or the same source I got mine from… Short pole plants will pop out of the line.

The true Bahia landrace looks like other Sativas.

12 Likes

almost turned itself in a fat bud

2 Likes

Oh… I’m late, but would love to be included if you are still sharing this.
Landrace collector here.
But sorry to be only indoor grower only.
Cheers

2 Likes

I still have seeds but have to send lots of others out first. If you can wait, sure… happy to share

2 Likes

Oh many thanks. Sure I can wait. I have just started to grow again after almost 14-17 years unable to do it.
I have started with bulk seeds… Except for some reputed breeder buyed ones. Mostly this is a test grow before going seriously with landraces. (I have opened a thread in indoors for making a following)

Happy holidays, and almost new year

4 Likes

Happy for you that you can finally grow again. Have you grow landraces yet or will this be your first time?

2 Likes

No. The next grow will be landraces and will be first time… This is a test, I haven’t grow innso many years that I don’t want to lose them, so starting with not so valuable seeds first, to desoxidize my skills.
My landraces seeds are very little, don’t want to fuck up things and not be able to create seeds.
I have some Cretan , lao tsa , Thai, kumaoni seeds from The Real Seed Company that will be growing next…

2 Likes

Hey bud I’ve been watching this thread and I think what your doing is awesome. I’d be interested and honored to run some for you but I would be doing outdoor when it’s time. But I have space to veg them for a while atm.

3 Likes

Weeeelll, all landrace seeds are valuable to me, so lets find you something that will live lol. Maybe a slightly faster landrace would be a good starting point. I’d recommend you work your way towards the real long flowers rather than start with them. Do you grow in soil or soiless?

2 Likes