Upstate's Whatzit? Pile of seeds giveaway

Lol. Probably not😁
@HeadyBearAdventures hopefully someday its a common concept…aside from that bang anyone part​:rofl::joy::rofl: i haven’t seen that work out for anyone yet.

2 Likes

Update on the babies. Day 15 above ground, 7 seedlings pulled through. The more I think about it I probably was the cause of the 3 others not making it, I probably had the environment to wet. But lucky for me @Upstate makes some tough plants. Keeping these seedling under 12/12. Wish me luck !

7 Likes

looking amazing :wink:

right side top and bottom ones have that “je ne sais quoi” going on !!!

3 Likes

Yup. A tad too wet. Looks like they are greening up tho. Time for a transplant into a solo cup i think.

1 Like

I run organic soil, not super hot I still like to feed teas. Would you recommend me putting them into the same soil mix I normally use or a little less nutrients ?

1 Like

30 days of 12/12 the most vigorous of the 3 is a male hard to see in pic has some purple on stem and nice horizontal branching not much smell on stem rub

5 Likes

2nd one not much smell no purple on stem

8 Likes

3rd slowest growth little purple on stem and has good smell on stem rub

there sufering from over watering a little probably from repoting to such a big pot

7 Likes

Cut your normal soil 50/50 with high quality garden soil/ perlite compost and castings. At least 50 50. Maybe even 40% super soil, 60% garden soil mix.
With the garden soil 25% should be castings and compost and another 25% perlite.

3 Likes

Looking good. You got the nutrients just right it seems.

3 Likes

@Upstate - Your Jam mix is next up.

I wanted to try a few different methods of both germination and light schedules, so I popped some very old Thai seeds from Dan Chang.

4 Likes

@royal Yobro, just came across this thread and figured I’d drop a quick note to you. Dan Chang is the northwestern-most district of Suphan Buri province, in West-Central Thailand. North of Kanchanaburi where the “Bridge over the river Kwai” is. I used to buy stone (a fk’n LOT of stone!) in that area and West into Burma. “Devaravati” is the common NLD Thai landrace that grows there (though nowadays who knows what else is being grown there?). That’s also pretty much the only place in T’land known to produce that strain. Since we haven’t discussed much in the past (anything?) I’ll drop the idea of you checking out “Zomia Collective” @ https://www.zomiacannabisco.com Don’t be fooled by the landing page which makes it out to be just another seed shop…dig deep into the little pull-down menus at the top of the site. Might also look at; https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/product-page/dvaravati

Good luck with them!

:call_me_hand:

11 Likes

Upstate Ny!? I’d grow these if you’re also from upstate NY. 315 represents!!!

And if you would allow me the privilege, I know this has gotta have some folks psyched at least!

2 Likes

@ColForbin The picture is from Zomia Cannabis Collective, a strain called Dvarevadi. The seeds i passed out are mixed very long flowering sativas. No luck with these outdoors unless you are crazy like me and bring them in at night. I passed out most of the seed i have to spare. If you are still active on OG and are interested in 3 months hit me up.

3 Likes

Plants recovered? Here to help.

If you have anything suitable for a short Canadian summer I’d love to try something new.

2 Likes

No short summer strains, sorry, with one exception…the Peshawar coop run in progress. That might finish for you. Still some overflow slots available i think if you want to sign up @Gimme5minutes

4 Likes

thanks for that !
no mention of how long flowering ?

Regarding my seeds, they were from Dan Chang probably 10 years old, I had never gotten them to pop in the past.

2 out of the last 3 are growing now :wink:

5 Likes

Whats the effect?

1 Like

Yo @Upstate ! Hmmmm, it’s been about 17 years since I even tasted it! :rofl: Too many tests under my belt to remember! There’s not a lot of info out there on this strain. I did come across this;

Dvaravati is a sativa variety from Zomia and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±140 days), outdoors and in the greenhouse. Zomias Dvaravati is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

Zomias Dvaravati Description

Logo Zomia Very rare accession from an open pollinated landrace population from the “Tarawadee” genepool maintained in Dan Chang, Suphan Buri by several growers in the area.

A classic NLD type structure typical to the autochtonous landraces of the Tenasserim Hills that produces relatively dense, thick colas of resinous flowers often showing a spicy, incense like character.

This is one of the less well known landraces within Thailand is supposed to have its origins in Cannabis grown by Mon peoples.

No mention of effects.

I also came across a Reddit post by one of the Zomia guys saying;

Dvaravati is a little known strain originating from the Dan Chang district of Suphan Buri province. It is a relatively high-yielding and potent tropical sativa adapted to the lowlands of the fringe of the Central Thai plateau, far up the tributaries of the Chao Praya as they snake towards Myanmar, right on the first undulations of the Tennasserim Hills.

The strain is grown by peoples of Mon ethnicity and is named after the ancient culture of Dvaravati, an entity which represents the golden age of Mon culture in modern day Thailand - before the migrations of the Tai/Kra-Dai peoples into the region.

The ruins of the earliest city in the area, dating back to roughly 300-600CE U-Thong are not far from Dan Chang, where remnants of the Mon in Thailand eek a living from marginal land at the foothills of the Tennasserim range.

An interesting note is that at U-Thong, Roman coins were found dating to ~200CE indicating a vast trade network linking the Chao Praya lowlands with the ancient Indian Ocean trade networks. For those interested in this - the most prominent and earliest trading city in SE Asia may have been Oc Eo, part of the early polity of Funan.

Sorry everybody, we’ll go to DM’s if this is off topic! :pray:
:call_me_hand:

6 Likes