Upstate's Whatzit? Pile of seeds giveaway

Do you recall the type of high at all? Speedy, scary, dreamy…

I’ll allow it😁. That’s the last question. I think. Its on topic too. There is thai in the seeds i passed out.
Unless you can recall your most potent Thai smoke of all…

2 Likes

Sorry, no! :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

1976 Early Spring, a Japanese friend arrived from Toyko and the moment we got home from the airport she unpacked a block of Thai sticks in a wax-paper wrapping! Pretty much till this day the most ‘magical’ weed I’ve smoked! Others may have been ‘stronger’, but not more magical!

I’ve probably missed out on a lot of good landrace Thai over the last 25-30 years, but was always planting my own, so didn’t bother looking much. Almost all the ‘commercial’ weed was grown in Laos and boated across the Mekong for distribution in Thailand and beyond. The people originally doing the growing were, for the most part, Stateless people. When the US funded anti-drug ops these people simply crossed the river into Laos (where these people, not really recognizing ‘borders’, had relatives anyway) and the troops stopped at the river. So for decades it’s gone on, a game of cat & mouse on the river!

Years ago I did get gifted a corner of a kilo brick that was (so the story goes!) on the very first boat of the season to cross the river. It was also quite magical stuff with that fermented chocolatey smell just like the '70’s Thai stick! Rains hit early that year and every other boat after that had moldy, stinky worthless pot. I pulled 100+ seeds out of that corner of a kilo and could not get a single one to germinate! :sob:

:call_me_hand:

15 Likes

If you still have those seeds, put them in the freezer for 2 weeks. take them out after 2 weeks, let them thaw out for 6 hours. Sprout them in the manner that you normally use. That method is good for old stubborn seeds.

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve actually tried some Peshawar Afghanis in the garden last year, I think it was last year. I might have grabbed them from hemp depot. Grew like a beast but didn’t kick into flower until too late into the season to get results. Had them along side a few very nice Cambodians that flowered very early.

3 Likes

Man I wanna goto Thailand & smoke a joint with this guy. Just for the history lesson & stories.

5 Likes

@Gonzo Haa, haa, haa…one of the best things about getting old is the number of stories you’ve got!
If you’ve been doin’ it right anyway! :rofl:

There’s usually one already rolled and waiting bro! And if not, well we’ll roll another! Come-on down!

EDIT: Ahhhhmmmm, mind carrying over a bottle of BBP for me??? :joy:

8 Likes

Give me a couple years and I’ll have them finishing earlier outdoors. I wasn’t sure of flower onset as i force flowered last summer. Thanks for that tidbit of info. What latitude are you growing at?

3 Likes

I could see that BBP as a mouthwash, no problem

3 Likes

I’m way up at the 49th. Short Summer, we grow a lot of Blueberry, Mighty Mite, Durban and Timewarp.

4 Likes

Are you on the coast? Where I live it’s pretty similar to about 54゚ latitude on the coast
Just the sun is different.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying island life. The only plants that finish here need to start to flower very early to beat the rain.

4 Likes

I have all the seed I will be planting this year already, but I want to say what a great thread! The generosity of the OG community is stunning to this newb. Thank you! d8JBdDJ

7 Likes

I have no idea what bbp is but… no problem :+1: :laughing:

4 Likes

Bud Buster Pro! Do a search on OG if you haven’t come across it yet. Lots of testimonials from lots of people you know right here! I’m convinced…I just need to find a way to get it here! :joy:

3 Likes

Any seeds make it to you?

1 Like

Ahhhh, if it’s a liquid there’d be no plane ride over. I could bring it by sea but you’d have to be Richie Rich to get me on a 2 week sea journey!

6 Likes

just a quick update on the Dan Chang Thai

@upstate if you don’t want to see them here, just let me know…thx

9 Likes

update
Dan Chang - Thai

11 Likes

@Myusernamewastaken i got the letter i sent to you on dec 10th back in the mail today.

2 Likes