USDA Says Genetically Modified Hemp Plant 'May Be Safely Grown And Bred' In The United States next it will work to increase THC production in cannabis plants

I dont understand your point my friend. I was saying you’re linking 2 separate things together, confirming that people are leaping to conclusions in these debates

2 Likes

:thinking:
That is exactly what skunkface said when I first brought up the topic of GMO cannabis many years ago.
Now it is our reality.

Some “natural news” scaremonger blog has nothing to do with anything. Libraries everywhere are closing. “They” aren’t making seeds illegal. Y’all can relax.

2 Likes

They both fall under the purview of the USDA, it could even be the same committees voting on them or overseeing their implementation. Everything in national politics is a game of leverage, and graft, so much so that they are just pieces in a puzzle - but this could be the last piece.

1 Like

Just sayin’ :rofl:

You kinda make a good point, I have not looked into that part of things.
So I can see why you may feel my link was not real appropriate.
To be truthful I never said that, but I do think food seeds seem to be involved in some kinda monkey business.

1 Like

Edit:
I misunderstood your statement and corrected the above post.

There is more to it than that.
Some of us used to talk behind the scene about it several years ago.
All of the above board talk was deleted by the moderator skunkface or I would give better links.

That was just the first link I found on google.
If you would like start another thread and I will partisipate and provide more info there…if I can still find any… :wink:

1 Like

If you’re going to keep breeding your own strains and sending them to friends regardless then no point getting worked up or arguing about it.

For those who run businesses in the industry that operate across state lines it is certainly worthy of caution, and keeping that suit of your own close and well paid.

2 Likes

Get an agent in Delaware.

Why Delaware specifically?

1 Like

Are you Del Aware?

1 Like

Apparently I am not! I’m also guessing about this, but I’m thinking treated clones will be sterile from original treatment. Companies don’t need to worry about if someone steals the cut it’s only good for a couple applications. Companies can than be the only people capable of doing any breeding with it.
My next question is if they can treat seeds to make them sterile for breeding

2 Likes

"Incorporating a business in Delaware is a common choice for many companies, and it can be a good idea for several reasons:

1. Business-Friendly Laws: Delaware has a long history of having business-friendly laws and a well-developed body of corporate law. The Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL) is highly respected and provides flexibility for businesses to structure their operations.
  2. Court of Chancery: Delaware has a dedicated Court of Chancery that deals exclusively with corporate matters. This specialized court has experienced judges who handle corporate cases efficiently, and decisions are often predictable, which can be advantageous for businesses.
  3. Privacy: Delaware allows for a high degree of privacy for corporate officers and directors. Officers’ and directors’ names don’t have to be disclosed on public filings, providing a level of anonymity that can be appealing.
  4. Tax Benefits: Delaware offers tax benefits for corporations. There is no sales tax in Delaware, and there is no state corporate income tax for companies that don’t operate in the state.
  5. Precedent and Expertise: Since many businesses incorporate in Delaware, there’s a wealth of expertise in the state in terms of legal counsel and registered agents who can assist with the process. Delaware has a well-established infrastructure for incorporating businesses.
  6. Access to Capital: Many investors, particularly venture capitalists, are familiar and comfortable with Delaware corporations. This can make it easier to attract investment capital.
  7. Flexibility: Delaware law provides flexibility in terms of corporate structure, stock classes, and voting rights. This can be beneficial for businesses with complex ownership structures or specific needs."

Nevada may be an option also.

2 Likes

OverGrow The Government! OGTW!

2 Likes

This only works if it’s the banking regulations change, which should come with the rescheduling. We’re worried about curaleaf and cookies. Wait until big tobacco gets here!

2 Likes

There’s always a bright side. berner will fizzle out. Plus there’s always craft business and high quality stuff that can be sold or some niche to be filled. If your product is better then nothing to worry about. Otherwise we will all just be smoking the “old stuff.”

The real power will step out of the shadows with this. Berner will no longer be a necessary public front

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean grandma can’t sell her line of THCV toe cream on instagram.

2 Likes

Ol’ skunkface has a patent on a high THC-V variety he developed years ago already.
If he can prove it has medical value he will not be allowing copycat cream on insta.
Sorry grandma…LOL

2 Likes

I think it would be genetic…not sure really?
Anyone remember skunkface asking for folks to send him clones of sterile plants?
I do … :thinking:
I busted his balls about it publicly and he did not like that very much… :rofl:
I knew what he was planing to do with them even though he kept denying it over and over. :wink:

1 Like

I have these. Very fast acting.

2 Likes