USDA Says Genetically Modified Hemp Plant 'May Be Safely Grown And Bred' In The United States next it will work to increase THC production in cannabis plants

Interesting,…

I will bet good money that product is doomed if it really does work.
It has not passed the medical testing stuff it needs to make medical claims, it will survive as a supliment for a bit but it will become just like CBD.

2 Likes

Once they put gmp requirements, testing requirements license fees most small producers are gone. My boss used to do cbd products for sale at farmers market alongside his gourmet mushrooms. NY put all the above requirements in place. He no longer does cbd. These will definitely be put in place also, because thc is a drug

3 Likes

I recently said to someone “you’re 70 years old they’re not going to throw you in jail over your plant count.

“I’m an old man I’m confused”

5 Likes

Are you serious?

They already did that here so that’s fine.level-tablingual-stimulate.pdf (1.3 MB)

I was looking for food seed info and ran across this…

More of a novelty question here, but a realistic question cause it could happen in the future.

Could you soon get a vaccination from eating weed?

2 Likes

Yep! :wink:
Did you see what the FDA says about CBD?
THC-V is going to be treated the same way, why would they not.
Have you seen what they are doing with Delta-8 Tetrahydrocannabinol

I’m the NY legal market, it’s specifically stated to not make medical claims unless you want to deal with the FDA

2 Likes

I love California. We will be ok. The regulatory testing here is very stringent. I’ve tried pure thcv, CBG and CBD and I do not enjoy that anyway. This GMO stuff is very alarmist though because we are all genetically modifying. The more we learn about the plant, the more we can pull out of it without waiting 1000s of generations. It is an inevitability just due to sheer laziness of people en masse.

Check this youtube channel out.

You did see the post where they talk about vaccination VIA GMO crops?
I would call that more infomist than alarmist, this is our govt discussing this.

1 Like

I have zero issue with a GMO wheat that yields double and grows in shitty climates.

5 Likes

Give me stardawg with half the grow time and twice the potency. The more we understand the plant on an instructional level, the better we can create the chemicals we want. A lot of the research is actually out there already and you can find it on researchgate. The last few years have been like a renaissance in cannabis research. That’s why I showed that specific video because that guy just saw a paper, had a problem and used that information to find a solution in his own house.

Change can be difficult and im sure there will be some minor side effects by maxxing out the stats but that wont last long.

The one thing I know is once these modified plants go into the wild… the modified genes will always be in the genepool. If people like the new future bud then the old stuff will die out over time. That sounds really familiar to me.

2 Likes

Are we talking breeding as a gmo or a crisper modification. These are very different things. Large scale breeding is different than adding fish dna into the sequence. They did this to make tomato more cold tolerant

4 Likes

Cookies was the modern day crack from the government and they wanted to change the high from 3-5 hours to 20-30 minutes. It was the OG GMO… Thoughts??? No evidence…i just came up with it on my own right now.

1 Like

That is an important distinction @Emeraldgreen

It is one thing to increase bud sites by 30% and it is another to make corn that produces THC in the kernals.

1 Like

Old timers with a wicked seed collection and no money to leave their grandchildren got some real decisions to make that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty gross.

But that doesn’t mean it is the end of the world.

A good parallel is corn. Wind pollinated from miles away. Tons of GMO everywhere, has neighbors killing each other. But through the work of a select few, you can still get heirloom corn varieties that are not contaminated. I’m sure many more were lost than remain, but the corn people weren’t ready to keep lines pure in the face of GMO pollen. We can be. But it needs to be a group effort.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna say this I’m no conspiracy dude but not surprising to me that everyone got septoria and hplvd after the hemp bill passed now it’s gotten to peak fervor and they’re ready to legalize now?
Color me skeptical.

6 Likes

Can see jodery or similar offering sterile septoria bud rot immune cultivators as soon as the reschedule

3 Likes

Yea if you know those Wall Street types you know the game. It seems simple or outlandish until you see them cashing out on it every cycle.

Also people are building Berner up themselves, I don’t meet regular folk here who even know who he is. If you guys stop talking about him and Bodhi really does stop hanging with him then he will largely be considered a rapper. He’s not a factor in my area, and this is where the hybrids are being bred now in/for the big rooms, not Cali.

2 Likes