Variegated or

I’m assuming genetic. The other 5 plants from the 6 seeds are great. It was yellow when it first sprouted and has stayed that way. A few lower leaves have actually greener up a bit. There is a little mystery plant (probably a Quick Skunk) growing underneath.

24 Likes

Its a freak. Curious what its going to do. :rofl:

2 Likes

Freak of nature is my best guess too. Maybe try and give it a light feeding. I wonder if this one would make it to good bud.

2 Likes

It’s had light feedings, it’s had plain water. I’m keeping it for a while yet at least

3 Likes

It’s kinda pretty… like, it doesn’t LOOK sick, the leaves are nice and straight and such… well, fairly straight, lol

4 Likes

it’s definitely not feed it needs as that shows on lower leaf sections first…that’s yellowed from the top down…and strange everything else looks lovely…its some toxicity in the medium somewhere I would guess…what an odd looking creature…lol
yeah looking at it I would say it being the smallest and runted growth it maybe overwatering a root system a little 2 small to uptake and its choked causing lockout…but that’s some lockout I have to say!!!

4 Likes

Wow, it looks like variegated cannabis plant
Looks awesome, wonder what kind of flowers will pop out there. Please keep update haha

3 Likes

Could be the albino “yellow” Holy Grail. :alien:

8 Likes

lool…:blush:

2 Likes

Looks like extreme variegation. I’ve seen similar before; @Nagel420 grew a plant that ended up with nearly white buds, though I didn’t see it until it was already in late flower. It made it, though I seem to remember him saying it grew a lot slower than the others and, obviously, struggled a bit late in flower. Without as much chlorophyll, they just can’t generate energy as efficiently. Not sure how this one would do as almost a full albino, but it should be interesting…

24 Likes

That’s neat! Maybe I’ve got something unique!? Haha, one of the many things I love about growing weed!

5 Likes

Congratulations, you have the first variegated pot plant I have ever seen. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:partying_face: woohoo, lol.

1 Like

That’s cool @Jinglepot i’ll be curious to see how it turns out for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is cool @Jinglepot.
Please grow it out so we can watch! :smiley:

2 Likes

albino skunk s1’s 1500 a pack !

6 Likes

That’s what the cinderevils auto flowers did to me too, once flower hit they went green and ultimately purple, if the rest the plants look fine then they are too

2 Likes

I cant wait to see what it does!

2 Likes

Nope. Feed deficiency doesn’t show on the lower leaves first. Each element has it’s own way of showing and there’s a big difference in mobility between elements, where the most mobile elements show in the lower, older leaves first, the least mobile show first in the top leaves. This is because the plant puts the fresh growths of the plant first in terms of importance, so mobile elements get moved from the lower parts of the plants upwards when there is a shortage, whereas non-mobile or less mobile elements have no way or slow or restricted ways of being transported, like calcium only gets transported very slowly, because it binds into calcium oxalate which causes throat irritation (is why it’s good to never overshoot calcium) and is only released back into free usable calcium very slowly, IIRC by enzymes but I’m not sure on the enzyme bit. This slow release is also important to the plant as too much calcium release at once would disturb the plant’s homeostasis.

The calcium oxalate is bad for us, but it’s a useful feat when living in the plant world, because it allows plants to keep photosynthesizing even in drought conditions. It has many more functions, like protecting the plant from drought, high calcium content of soil (calcium is a chemical that fulfills many functions dependant on the amounts and where it’s found, but the plant needs to maintain this balance (and usually succeeds in this) inside (plant cells) even when the balance outside (soil) is out of whack), insect or other herbivore damage (calcium oxalate grows in various sharply edged or needle forms and irritates tissues). But I digress.

The point is, you can’t tell it’s deficient or not because of the place of symptoms. It’s the place of symptoms and what the symptoms look like that tell you what is deficient, or in excess.

But like has been said I think this is more a case of variegation or leucism.

3 Likes

@Jinglepot I know it’s not very likely the case here, but just do a quick Soil slurry test on that plant and a “normal” plant in the off case its something with the soils PH…

Otherwise I’d lean more to genitcs/$hit happens, or variegation, but I don’t think it’s variegation.

Unfortunately just like us humans, sometimes people/plants are born with “problems” that nobody can really nail down for sure.

For sure tho, it’s either gonna live or it won’t!

3 Likes