Vegetable Garden 2021

We r at the building up stage haha about fifteen cucumbers and five banana pepper bunch of radishes couple head of broccoli …need to start more broccoli out onions are almost done …I fear the day the tomatoes and cucumbers never stop coming …

You have a asparagus field correct ?

2 Likes

The asparagus patch is done for the year… @JoeCrowe check it out, I gots plenty of Calamondins and finally my
Variegated pink lemons are blooming after about 1.5 years since I bought it.

7 Likes

wow pink flowers! Very unusual for a citrus.

1 Like

I very excited about the Variegated pink lemons…

Free corn folks…I haven’t bought corn since I’ve moved into this town, people around here always have a bumper crop…I’ve told the farmers that I would like their corn smut because they throw them out anyway…

Theres always one zucchini that I always miss, time to make lemon zucchini bread folks…

4 Likes

We tried something new this year and mowed down half of our crop about a week in a half ago after it Ferned out …
Let’s just say we r picking fresh asparagus and picking it everyday again leaving some to fern out is essential

Gots more veggies this morning… @rabeats2093, yes I too have a few stragglers and have still been picking asparagus this year but its starting to slow down for good now, weird year for asparagus this year.

Glad to be growing these veggies, now I dont have to buy them at an Asain food market…been eating these since I was a kid…I have a bumper crop of these…

6 Likes

My recreationals in the garden…

5 Likes

What statins we workin with there? Healthy lookin.

2 Likes

From top to bottom pix…

DK13…for breeding
Sour O’wreck…for breeding
Jenny Babe Kush…for recreational smoke

Bush and Wax beans, I have already given out a ton of these beans…just picked this morning…

5 Likes

Making some pickles

After I mowed the patch a a week or few ago I have harvested about six ponds of asparagus already …it’s like a second wave …practiced in commercial farming…why not on the home stead !

7 Likes

You soak those badboys in some saltwater to reduce the…smell? Or just go full-stink?

2 Likes

We use to just keep them in a drawer on the fridge …life expectancy a week …

Now we cut the ends and put them in water they seem to last about two weeks if yah change the water …we give em to the chickens when they get floppy …

Might give the saltwater trick a shot …have noticed to much stank from them but it could be the ladies in the other room that’s masking it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@PhilCuisine

As you can tell we missed a bunch lol and got a whole bunch more the little patch I mowed you can see is definitely producing more

The first pic if you look in the back is all asparagus that has ferned out

3 Likes

That’s a lot of asparagus, in my area they grow wild along the side of the road and train tracks…here’s my garden update…

Huge tomatoes

Pablano peppers

Gonna have a bumper crop of figs and citrus…

My recreationals are doing well, Jenny Babe Kush

6 Likes

Mouth watering over those figs

2 Likes

Curious on how to manage figs lemons,citrus trees in the adk region :face_with_monocle:

Nice looking cabbage I must say !
Fun story !
She insisted on planting five cherry tomatoe plants two variety’s this spring indoors …they r quite literally taking over the green house

We have five apple trees plum cherry elderberry trees, pears etc etc etc …
No apples on only but one and they a scarce a lot of pears … no peaches ither … first full year on the property really have to do my studies and see what went wrrrrongg last year I was bringing wheelbarrow loads of apples out

Phil if you don’t mind me asking …
I just seen the post with your Brussels sprouts !!
They look amazing !
How far apart did you plant them and are you having and trouble with snails/slugs

1 Like

Figs outside have to be covered up for winter, citrus trees & pineapple plants have to be put indoors for winter…

Thanks, my chocolate cherry tomatoes are in overdrive and I have been giving them away and still have more than I can use…this is what I pick every morning sometimes more…I learned years ago that all you need is just 1 chocolate cherry tomatoes plant.

Mine are not that far apart, probably 1ft. apart…I also use my homemade pest repellent for snails and slugs…it’s a simple concoction…flour, cayenne pepper and paprika in an old plastic mayonnaise jar…I sprinkle it on my vegetables, no harsh chemicals in my garden…

4 Likes

drying basil for later

2 Likes

Awesome I’m deff saving that recipe no chemicals here ither !
We have been using the tinfoil cucumber technique I bet paired with your pest repellent the garden will look glorious

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of the tinfoil cucumber technique…was picking more vegetables this morning and the beans smelled delicious cause of my concoction it smelled like it was already cooked…I too have lot of basil to pick…

4 Likes