Vegetable Garden 2021

more work😭

5 Likes

My garden is almost just about done but my fig trees are gonna be going into overdrive…just ate one right off the tree, delish…it’s a chilly morning 54 degrees…

7 Likes

I have 2 praying mantis in my yard and they are guarding my fig trees and eating the ants…1 mantis on each fig trees…

3 Likes

End of the gardening season is almost over…

But my recreationals are gonna be picking up more weight…

6 Likes

Brussels still look great mine died two months ago. Well done.

1 Like

The hummingbirds were kinda late this year and I only seen 1-2 of them about 1.5 months ago…but recently I’ve been seeing more of them so I put out another feeder and in less than a minute later 2 hummingbirds were on this feeder…they are very territorial so I now have a total of 6 hummingbird feeders in my garden, now is the time they need food for their long journey back south.

5 Likes

It was a really strange gardening year up here. Down to 6C overnight already!

1 Like

Gonna let these ripen up in the house

Gots a mantis guarding my recreationals

5 Likes

Last of the tomatoes…the tomato/basil sandwich season is coming to an end…:frowning::frowning:

5 Likes

Last veggies/fruits from my garden…recreationals has to be covered because of the 4 night deep freeze coming.

Recreationals covered up for the 4 day deep freeze at nights…

7 Likes

Vegetable garden is all done for the year…

Fig trees are done

But my citrus trees are still producing Calamondins & Variegated Pink Lemons, had to put them indoors at night and put them outside during the rainy days.

My seeded recreationals are also done…

20221030_183314

6 Likes

Putting up some late harvest

Cayenne strings

Striped bush beans and viney cranberry beans👀

Blueys throwin eyes, par boil and deep freeze👍

4 Likes

Grow and eat as much of those as you can, one of the most life expectancy increasing foods you can put in yourself.

When the first nations peoples grew them there average life span was vastly superior to the Europeans that were occupying the west coast of the US and mainly Canada. The Okanagan Valley was a known blue zone, and blue zones got there name from the potatoes, because groups of people who live a long healthy life are usually eating a local food that increases mitochondria levels in their bodies.

3 Likes

They are a cool crop to grow, sooo blue inside. Great in chilis, stews, etc…

Almost looks like you could make a cool dye, my fav color.

Fig tree cuttings for next year…

3 Likes

A couple of these look like they’re going to make it…nothing fancy about my bubble cloner.

7 Likes

I’ve had these for 2-3 yrs. I think it’s time to repot and force flower…

5 Likes

You gonna force it with ethylene gas or acetylene?

3 Likes

I will be using sliced apples and a plastic wraps…

5 Likes

Ahh ethylene gas attack!

2 Likes