Vegetable Garden 2021

Happy National House Plant Appreciation Day folks…

3 Likes

I just pulled these fig cuttings out of my lower crisper drawer…it’s been in stasis since Autumn that’s over 4 months ago…it’s still green and I’m gonna try and root them.

5 Likes

That’s wild man

2 Likes

Awesome job bro ! +4 months in stasis can’t wait to see them root !!

You fellas preping any veggies yet for the spring ! @Boozer

3 Likes

Brother, this year we got our cbd license. So we’re gonna play with couple hundred of those plants. I’ll be posting some updates my man.

1 Like

Good luck brother cant wait to see them !

5 Likes

Looks like somebody’s busy. Whatcha got cooking in there?

2 Likes

Brussel sprouts broccoli…fuck we forgot collie flower …2 types of onions green red jalapeños banana peppers …still more to come …just planting them according to recommended start dates 6 weeks before last frost. …maybe we r a little early …then you’re squash carrots corn beets …we r trying to go bigger then last year…but with better selection choices

2 Likes

Well sounds like you got a game plan.

1 Like

Psft it sounds good at least don’t it !

1 Like

@SaintAliasKnife , Ok here’s an update on my fig cuttings that were in stasis…I have a fig on one of the cuttings…at first I thought it was just a leaf…

8 Likes

woooo! congrats @PhilCuisine ! of the 3 I had remaining one made a fig…then stopped. the other 2 are very vigorous with the leaves. one of them shot a root to the neighboring pouch and now it linked up, lol.

I’m waiting for march to roll in them transplant into larger containers.

1 Like

Eeeeee!! I want a fig! Of course it’s pointless, unless I keep it indoors, because the critters would destroy it. I lost about a hundred pounds of seedless Concord grapes and probably twice that amount of Seckel pears this year to birds, rats, squirrels, raccoons and opossums- and nothing I’ve tried has defeated them.

I gave up on pecans long ago, because squirrels and blue jays strip it bare in less than a day. They do the same thing with the pears, and eat them months before they are ripe- they’re hard green ping pong balls, and every last one gets ripped off in a few days time.

Netting the grapes kept the birds out, but nothing would deter the squirrels, opossums and especially the damn raccoons.

I planted those almost 30 years ago, and have never once had anything from them. The animals destroy everything.

2 Likes

We had squirrels take every last green plum and dig up plants, so we made a PVC pipe teeter totter trap. Moved out 24 squirrels and the problems were over. I don’t know where they are now, but they ain’t livin’ here!

2 Likes

Store bought celery

5 Likes

We r doing the same thing only with lettuce lol !

2 Likes

This little guy has been in my house all winter, everytime he gets out of my phototrons he goes to my citrus trees and now he’s on my fig clones…I always put him back in my Phototron with all my homemade multi strain plants though.

4 Likes

He obviously prefers not being in the phototron I would just leave him on the citrus trees.

We have had a couple of warm days and nights here, I found around twenty of them in my kitchen yesterday, so let them out, there were 7 more this morning, I can’t figure out where they are coming from.

2 Likes

I think it’s a lost asian lady beetle, they infest your house to survive the winter.

1 Like

Garden will be epic this year, price of food demands it!

Under the table:

On the table:

Next to the table:

Back door:

Kitchen window:

Onions, garlic, kales, lettuces, beans, tomatoes, squashes, peppers, zucchinis, eggplants, melons, a variety of herbs and bulbs.

6 Likes