Vietnam Black, Snowhigh/Kiona

just as something that may be note worth, in the end if a plant is not seeded and it experiences a little photo peroid stress there maybe a opportunity to make the best females self themselves.
of course this would give you mostly females for a future pollen run from a male

veg / flower / veg / flower = herm stress - seeds
as far as a hermie issue its not a issue as long as its late and not easily shown in the line without stress
thats my opinion,
how do the possible seeds seem, to be swelling ?

Sounds like some dank shit :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

have a Question:
some people are currently trying to make Seeds of a Strain with no males. Only Females present.

So, when reversing one Female and pollinating the others i get feminized Seeds?

Our goal is actually not to get femmed Seeds. How to do that by reversing?

3 Likes

I have no hands experiance but I’ve been told early flowering males are not desirable

in nature the first to shed pollin will be the daddy…

^^^ click ^^^

1 Like

That Link shows me what i dont want.
I want the oppoite, we have no males and want REG Seeds.

Best your gonna do with a female only, is cross it to something else, make seeds, then back cross to the original.

1 Like

First in my case is to preserve what we do have then you can go from there.
Depending on the strain Rodelization will 10% of the time give a male plant 90% should be female

That is why people use the silver for 100% female, it gives a more reliable product
imo without a true male in the initial run its a viable option to continue a pure run

as khaoohs says a outcross is often good with a bx
eventually you should have with enough bxxxx a 99% pure stain to original strain
maybe even better if it lacked due to inbreeding depression

im curious as to where Worcestershire_Farms is in the process and how this grow is moving forward , your plants look beautiful <3 this nice strain

4 Likes

I think i forgot that any Selfing Method will yeald mostly Feminied Seeds.

Is there no way to get REG. Seeds out a Selving Method? Not using chemicals is better huh?

1 Like

found this from SOMA and I have heard 99% female,
my experience with autos was 10% male
bubba kush lines also show a male a times, this is the extent of my experiments
so I posted this well know post

Here’s an easy, environmentally friendly method for breeding feminized seeds.

by SOMA

Wed, Jul 30, 2003

Creating feminized cannabis seeds is an art. Just like art, there are a few different methods of application. I have written about some of my different methods of making seeds in previous HIGH TIMES articles. I have used gibberellic acid, pH stress, light stress, and fertilizer stress to force my female plants to make seeds. All of these methods are harsh on the plants, and some, like the gibberellic acid, are not organic. In my search for cleaner, more earth-friendly ways of working with the cannabis plant, I have found a new way to make feminized seeds. Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, rather than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher pH, some a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like much less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can’t treat every plant the same way.

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown the same strains for close to a decade, and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making seeds and in learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method “Rodelization,” after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plants in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male “bananas.” A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built-in safety factor so that in case of severe conditions, the plant can make sure the species is furthered.

To me, a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female seeds. Many growers out there have male-banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop, or at the very least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emergency devices out. I call them “emergency devices” because they emerge at times of stress.

In the Rodelization method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plants 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed, and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one or two months and still remain potent.

For the next phase, you need to have a separate crop that’s already 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bags of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut all the fans in the growroom down. Then take a very fine paintbrush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with up to 10 different kinds in the same room with great success.

I use the lower flowers to make seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time (two crops), but is completely organic, and lets you have great-quality smoke at the same time you make your female seeds. If you’re one of those growers who’s never grown seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.

You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross-pollinating. The older females with the male bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, unpollinated females after they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later, you will have ripe 100% feminized seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.

As a farmer who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds. My friend Adam from ThSeeds in Amsterdam has a motto that I love to borrow these days: Drop seeds not bombs.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
you could follow up with a bx later if you want a reg high male ratio
I have some bluehemp thaifun horizon that would make a nice cross with any of these thai lines
if someone wants to run that line for non hermie males and pollen dm me a addy
have that sent out to you

Worcestershire_Farms check out that bluehemp thai if you like ?

romanoweed if there is another way im not aware of it sorry
this also is promoting a hermie trait in the genetics that most people will breed out of a line
imo its there without stressing a plant its not a problem
in my experience reveg 24 hour light new flowers white hairs then 12/12 into flowers again
most strains gonna banana

5 Likes

Problem with reverting is even though it throws pollen you are still dealing with a female plant genetically. Males are XY chromosome while females are XX so they lack the Y necessary to make a male plant.

4 Likes

Nobody should ever follow Somas rodelization. Your first gen will be femme and every generation after that will hermie.

14 Likes

White Snowhigh

As of yesterday afternoon, two out of three are really having trouble holding up under their own weight. Yesterday morning they were fine.
Green is still standing straight, frosted to the nines. Blue is leaning a bit, and fox tailing like woah.

16 Likes

Shit you’ve got quite the jungle too !
Going to need to machete your way through it or run a zip line and charge admission.

6 Likes

The few seeds ripening up — pistils still attached; halfway protruding from their bracts — are evidence of my failure.
Their absence would allow for false hope, “Maybe the buds are full of seeds, on the inside.
But the prominence of these ten or twenty seeds as they jut out of their respective colas, only cement the facts in place. That this run has been a wash, and the rest of the seeds will need to be started immediately upon harvest

19 Likes

Despite the wash… Nice fookn work.

I’ll put my words on a plate and eat them for yas :sunglasses:

Real nice -

5 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:if you want a potient buzz you need Big Bud X Dark plasma it will knock your socks off :mask:

4 Likes

Lol. Odd tangent, but I’ll go with it.

Grew a Big Bud x White Widow from female seeds dot nl. Did not disappoint.

3 Likes

https://labyrinthseedco.com/shop/ols/products/vietnamese-black

Lol, $20 a seed for the same exact purebred cross I just made here in this thread. If anyone was looking at buying this pack from Jtoucans, I’ll save you a couple bucks.

(If the plants can get huge, why are the seeds so expensive? Lol)

15 Likes