Virginia Finally Legalizes Marijuana

Sure bub, you’re acting like a state legalization of a big victory when it is like a teaspoon in a swimming pool. Your words “is the home of the feds, and feds have no concern for state level shit” obviously they do have concerns on state level shit

Yeah, as in for state level laws, which is why they were knocking down Cali ops for a decade and a half. Virginia’s going to be worse.

I just think you guys are all excited over the government having MORE control over you. I am for one, in no way shape or form for the government sayings it’s legal and fucking it up. And I have a hard time understanding why anyone supports this. Treat it like a damn tomatoe, period. Just another God given plant.

Like the states who say it’s legal, but you can’t grow…get busted? Now you have the irs to deal with plus all the other bullshit. It insane,and everyone running around applauding this stuff.

I do not support anything other than taking marijuana off of ANY laws and books, period. No control, absolutely no fucking legislation of ANY kind. It is a PLANT. And I just can not understand anyone supporting ANY OF THIS.

5 Likes

i understand what you are saying the fed will pick and choose who they pick off in Virginia just like it has everywhere else don’t make waves and should be ok

but Virginia is a good thing for you maybe it will keep rolling down the coast :grin:

1 Like

I’ll have real hope for nationwide legalization when Alabama is on board. Those guys still have dry counties.

2 Likes

Is it perfect? No. Never will be because too much money is involved.

Is this the fix all? Nope. Is it a step on the right direction? Yes. I have been a guest of the feds before. It is never pleasant and they take your shit regardless of who you are.

It will be nice to sit on the deck and smoke without the fear of neighbors calling on you. No, it does not give me the right to have a ton in my house, but affords me some of the freedom alcohol and tobacco users have.

For now, that is good enough. I was in the drug wars of the 70’s and 80’s, we need away from that as far as possible.

6 Likes

If rather be grouchy then ignorant all day long. Guess you can’t handle being wrong.

You agreed with me in a disagreeable way, which I didn’t think was possible, then kept doing it, also thought to be impossible. You’re a strange character. Have fun with all of that, chief.

I never agreed with your ignorant self. In fact proved your theory wrong. You said feds didn’t care about state level stuff then started backpedaling the instant you were proven wrong. This site needs a block function so I don’t have to see ignorance like yours

Please try and cool the name calling. Thanks brother. Disagreeing is fine. Trying to belittle a fellow member isn’t. peace

1 Like

Might want to talk to the other party on this as well. Unless he’s a donor to the site and we all know those get special treatment

1 Like

Yeah, watch out for the folks donating money to keep the site up and running. :+1:t2:

Again, this isn’t Twitter.

Good grief. Why the animosity over a subject we should be celebrating? I read the bill and like some others, found the possession amount to be confusing. Unless I misread or overlooked, there isn’t plain language which speaks to whether the oz. limit speaks to an oz. anywhere, or an oz. outside the domicile. Anyone also find it strange that for plants being grown at the home, they must be clearly labeled AND include your driver’s license number? That’s peculiar to me.
Overall, this bill contains a lot of very good improvements. There are holes, but a whole lot of upside too.

4 Likes

It’s typically talking about an ounce in personal possession outside of the grow, so…your walkin around buds.

3 Likes

This came from me saying state level legalization means nothing as the feds can come in any time and make busts. Ole cricket thinks feds can’t interfere in state level things and is now but hurt he was proven wrong. Again stop celebrating a state level legalization like it’s a huge win when it isn’t.

Those that have been prosecuted for cannabis in the Commonwealth would disagree. It’s a win for some, even if it’s only state level. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just like everyone is entitled to argue ad nauseam on the internet. Just doesn’t seem worth it to me. Cheers.

4 Likes

You don’t live in a legal state, do you?

Why all of the judging? Everybody knows that weed is illegal on the federal level. Yet still, around 28 states are happily living and enjoying legalization without any problems, and some like mine, without issues for years now.

Feds are going after illegal grows now. That’s fair game, unless you want to be greedy.

3 Likes

I will take only having to deal with the feds, then having them, along with the state and local.

I have lived in VA my entire life. Been inside the local / state system and the federal system. Take the feds everytime. Sure, if I was growing hundreds of plants illegally, worries are there from everyone.

I will grow a couple plants inside, and enjoy smoking it with out all the fears of before.

2 Likes

Complete agreement, I was just trying to be snarky and to imply maybe I should fornicate a relative, be a better citizen.

1 Like

For my VA brothers and sisters if you choose to travel with herb on or after 07/01/2021 put it the rear of the vehicle!!! DUI’s ain’t cool

"In an effort to address the difficulty of pursuing driving-under-the-influence charges, which unlike alcohol can’t be proven with breath or blood tests, the legislation also creates a presumption that a person has consumed marijuana if an “open container” is found in the passenger area of a vehicle.

But the legislation defines an open container as “any vessel containing marijuana except the originally sealed manufacturer’s container.”

1 Like