VIVOSUN New Product--AeroLight

I reckon you could reverse the wires on the motor if you’re the type that’s comfortable voiding warranties

3 Likes

That trick doesn’t work with these ones.
But because they are symmetrical, you can easily flip them over and remount them though.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Does heat not rise ? So it would blow warm air down its always hotter at the top of the tent/room !

6 Likes

I was just writing the same when I read your reply. It’d definitely be blowing hot air down. That solves nothing, if anything it may causes problems

3 Likes

It’s kinda pricey.

3 Likes

It would make the electrical less complicated by saving an outlet.

What kind of warranty will there be? (Point of failure).

And yes, you want hot stagnant air from the top of the tent to circulate and mix with the pooling humidity at the bottom to cool down the entire tent overall for a proper heat exhaust.

Edit: 5 year warranty! And sold out?

4 Likes

This is the main flaw I see. Not to say it’s not a good light just the concept flawed. Pulling the air up and heat up would be much better. Integrating the fan to light is great idea. That’s why cooled hoods so popular. But main thing is heat away not heat on canopy as you said.

3 Likes

Sorry. I have gotten completely away from social media. No Facebook. No Instagram. Etc.
OG is the only social platform I use now.
Like I said. Nice looking design. And I can see where it would be useful.
I have been using the mars hydro 4800 bar style light for a couple grows now. That is my perfect light. For me.
I use Vivosun tent, grow bags, etc. I like Vivosun products. Except that one time I had an exhaust fan go out after less than two months of use and could not get any relief from your service department. I’m still waiting for a call back almost a year later. But by and large very good stuff at a decent price.

9 Likes

The light does not heat up that hot, and it keeps the air circulating so there is not hot air blowing down on the plants. In conjunction with the exhaust it keeps the tent at a steady temperature both top and bottom. If the fan was blowing upward it would require atleast 1-2 more fans blowing on the canopy to keep the same airflow that the light was designed to provide. For people with limited space this would be an issue for them not to mention the added electricity cost. The fan can be set as high speed or low speed as you want, and can be programmed to run for 5 minutes or non stop. The design is to keep the stagnant air from gathering around the plants, this air is then circulated to the top of the tent where the exhaust takes some and the cooler air is circulated downward to begin again.

5 Likes

Ah! You said last longer than a clip on. You uncovered the real problem, the fan will die before the lights.

3 Likes

The fan is rated to last 70,000 hours.

5 Likes

I would love to test the product in a small tent environment. I can see the space savings.

5 Likes

70K Hrs. for a fan is rather good (8 years, 24/7).
I assume 3 wire PWM controlled?

You wouldn’t happen to know the MTBF of the 6" clip-on would you? I see that’s not an EC motor.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

The fan should be replaceable. But it’s a brilliant design and I designed built, installed and tested custom machines for 30 plus years. I know a good idea when I see one. Not only is air moving a good idea but also having a void in the middle of the lights is also brilliant. The light is always hottest in the middle.

4 Likes

It is indeed hottest in the middle of regular styled lights. That’s also where the largest concentration of usable light to the plant normally comes from. Would be cool to see a light intensity chart, at 12" and 18 inches.

3 Likes

The intensity should be more even instead of center heavy.

3 Likes

No matter what your opinion is of this AeroLight, I’m impressed with @VIVOSUN’s willingness to engage in an open and civilized debate about it. There are some sponsors here who will delete dissenting posts from their threads, and I have no respect for that sh!t.

18 Likes

I need to hear more about that one pm me to keep the thread on track .

4 Likes

It all played out IN THIS THREAD.

3 Likes

I think this is a bright new approach to a light.I don’t just like it I love it.Only thing I would change is flip the fan so it blows up to the ceiling instead of the tops of the plants.I flip fans to blow to my ceiling and it throws air to all 4 Corners and the wind trickles down over all tops at the same rate so no one plant isn’t getting wind to make them wiggle nice even air flow.Other than that good concept I like to see new things.

5 Likes