Washing Your Harvest?

Air movement is important for dang sure. I just don’t want anyone zapping their buds dry with too much air movement. I know we are shooting for the same thing buddy.

Black buds, yeah, that’s weird.

4 Likes

yes the extra fans/air movement should be within the first few hours or first day, then after that it isn’t necessary at all, and the fans should never blow directly on the drying buds

3 Likes

It really does depend on your space and conditions. You have to be much more careful in humid conditions, and as stated, smaller areas. A humidity monitor is a must.

3 Likes

Well im gonna try washing for the first time today so wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Good for you!!!

3 Likes

Good luck to ya. Please come back by and weigh in what you think when you get the chance.

2 Likes

Of course was gonna leave some unwashed to do a side by side and incase i screw up :joy:

3 Likes

That and you will have something to tell the difference between the two.

3 Likes

Exactly… because science

5 Likes

If I may ask what is the reasoning for not having the direct fan airflow on drying buds. It seems like it would be an obvious reason but I’m drawing a blank

4 Likes

It will dry them out quick. Airflow is one of the biggest factors in drying.

That is why you want a little air movement in your drying room, but not a bunch.

5 Likes

Ok yeah that makes sense

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve seen a few posts talking about washing their buds. I have read about water curing in the past ( likely on OG1.0) but I have never tried the process.

Can you guys provide some insight on the benefits of washing your buds? What is your process?

All the best,
BAMMER

3 Likes

Welcome to OG Bammer. There is a whole thread on this already, check it out.

6 Likes

Thats what this thread is about, be good to read through, alot of great info and thoughts .

3 Likes

Took a long read through it last night. Has some good heated discussion about the process.

Thank you guys for the links.

3 Likes

here is some freshly washed produce - some of @Tonygreen’s GG4 RIL that I recently harvested:

I do a rough trim before I wash it, and then again after it is dried, that way most of my bubble trim is washed as well

7 Likes

I do the same, it sounds like a lot of trimming doing it twice, but I think it saves time in the end.

4 Likes

Yes! This is the difference between good bud and great bud! Always wash outdoor! Indoors if you spray stuff on your plants it’s a deal good idea also. Dust and whatnot… and I think when you wash them they cure better. After you rinse the last time, go in your garage or backyard and whip all the water off the plant by swinging it around like a crazy man! You can get almost all the water off! Make sure to hang in spot with good ventilation the first couple days so you don’t get molds! Hang them for 4-7 days then jar and start burping. Hope I helped

4 Likes

And if you had any issues with wpm make another bucket for the first rinse with hydrogen peroxide diluted to about. Idk I forget, I use about a quarter bottle of the 32% stuff from the grow shop in 5 gallon bucket.

3 Likes