Weed not staying lit and is harsh

The Jack’s 5-12-26 has 8% S and 6% Mg

The ppm of NO3 from that is only 45ppm. Not nearly enough for veg and up to mid flower.

I do wish I had a Ca source without N so I could taper off towards the end of flower.

1 Like

I want to switch to buying salts individually for more customization. This was just easy. It’s called Jack’s 321 where you use 3 parts Jack’s 5-12-26 or chem-gro 5-11-26. I like Jack’s better as I eliminate the 1 part which is Epsom salt since Jack’s has a lot more Mg and S I find it’s not needed. The 2nd part is CaNO3.

I make stock solutions 100:1 ratio in which I feed 1oz per gallon.

This usually has 270g Jack’s in jug A and 180g CaNO3 jug B and then I add to res in equal portions to get my desired feed level

2 Likes

Next batch will be going into totes this weekend.

Going to put the rdwc on hold so I can experiment.

Going to run 12 individual buckets 4 will be flushed with just water. 4 will be flushed with a flushing agent. 4 will just be tapered off per my normal schedule just like they all will be doing just to keep everything equal besides the flush. All same strain. I will be mixing up nutes in a 55gal barrel and pHing and filling up with that so everything is the same.

I’ll let them results speak for themselves

I joined this forum to grow as a grower and instead of just getting by I want my plants to thrive.

This batch I got going now I’ll try and jar when they are more moist.

I’m actually getting some smell from the buds now after 4 weeks sitting in jars. It’s also burning a little better. I still can’t take a hit and go back to the bowl 30seconds later and restoke it. But one light and some carb work keeps it going.

Oh and I put some buds in some distilled water to try this water cure. Not a lot as I’m skeptical of this, worried mold will grow.

1 Like

@Viva_Mexico already told you, calcium sulfate (aka garden gypsum). :+1::seedling:

1 Like

I may join you on this experiment, just for the test & a little bit(like yourself).
Always been curious though… trying different weed is our mainstay right? :wink:

:thumbsup:
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I saw. But was worried about the high amounts that I have in my Jack’s already.

Been a while since I looked at a mulders chart. Not sure if S is an antagonist to any other nutrients.

Turns out S is pretty safe and isn’t even listed on the chart. S is also good in budding.

Maybe I’ll try it out on this crop that just entered week 3 of flip.

I’ll do a half and half of CaNO3 and CaSO4 of what I’d normally use of CaNO3 then cut CaNO3 entirely out

1 Like

Not sure, but S is an important pre-cursor for terpenes. :wink:

1 Like

Just bought some potassium sulfate and calcium sulfate from JR Peter’s.

(2) 4lb containers for $20 not bad

That should last for quite a while!

Hell yeah. Figure the K2SO4 be good for late flower when I wanna reduce the P by using less of the 5-12-26

Need to run all this into hydrobuddy and see what I get for ppms.

1# was $6 and 4# was $10 made more sense to get the 4# pail

Do you know of a place where I get can some good starting numbers from for all the weeks of flower?

1 Like

Someone else will have to take that one, I’m organic so I use about 1 cup per cubic foot of gypsum.

Is it a hard jump from hydro to organic? I’d like to try organic soil.

I started in soil years ago but didn’t like all the bugs that were coming in with the soil

1 Like

i’m trying to achieve something somewhere in between…but the big difference is i’ve never run hydro…mmm. except once i took a flowering dispensary clone from soil to a dwc. had no idea about pH back then. :wink:

i’ve been using a variety of mixes & am tired & baked so i can’t list them but, w/o a doubt, inside i like 60-80% perlite, regardless of what the rest is.

i brought my living soil inside & all the damn friends :bug: too, so i’m not going with that inside, and it’s too good to “nuke” it :sunny: so i’ll work it in in here and there.

a couple years ago my idea was to use my huge vermicompost collection & perlite, but the worm-shit-compost needs a soil test & adjustment.

:evergreen_tree:

I have this problem with certain strains such as OG Kush and Amnesia Haze.